Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stryde/femurs dr D. 08/07 , finally - female, have an advice for US/Ca folks  (Read 807 times)

PAGrb490

Good day,

It’s not a diary

Instead, I just wanted to share useful info with folks from CA (esp So Cal)

First about me - 30th 5’2&5 female from LA , was supposed to do stryde femurs with M in 02/20, instead, due to some reasons, so happened, I did at Limbaplastx on 08/07. Very satisfied with dr D and his team : it’s been 3 weeks only since surgery but I am walking with a cane inside my place and actually started doing stairs yesterday (assisted though), which is great.

So here what I wanted to share with you guys: Prior to the surgery was talking to a former patient of D, who Gave me a contact of his neuro-therapist, who supposedly was amazing help with pain and PT. Ok, I hired the guy, we started working as soon as I came back from Vegas to LA (about a week ago) and yes he is amazing indeed. PM a for contact if you are interested.  He is a huge help for my recovery,

Best,

BetzLandLiberator

Interesting. Why did you choose Dr. D instead of Dr. M?

PAGrb490

Did not go through with M in feb 02/20 for personal reasons (nothing to do with him), then Covid, then, mid-summer,  decided now or never but M was booked until Sep, when I called.

I did not want to wait until Sep, so I called D. Can’t compare their surgical skills, but As far as their  offices organization and communication is a night (M) and day (D).

Movie

Seems like you have a good set up to be able to do PT on your own, stairs, walking unassisted already, to each their own I guess. best of luck
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

BetzLandLiberator

I did not want to wait until Sep, so I called D. Can’t compare their surgical skills, but As far as their  offices organization and communication is a night (M) and day (D).

Could you elaborate more on that?

I had a consultation with D. M last November and, while I found him great personally, I did think his office wasn't what I was expecting (I was expecting something more like Dr. Betz office in a Hospital, where I had my first LL).

PAGrb490

I would give M’s office C+. They were absent half is the time, forgot to process 8k refund (lol). They forget to return calls etc. the office itself is dated as well vs quite modern layout of limbaplastx

PAGrb490

Thanks a bunch.
 :)

Amanexp

I agree 100% I love in SoCal and was going to use Dr. M but ended up going with Dr. D. Night and day difference when it comes to communication and service. I’m glad everything’s ok with you. I’m actually in Vegas right now just had my procedure

PAGrb490

Good luck to you Amanexp, let me know if you have any questions

Dr D is great indeed, I think we made an awesome choice, perhaps  the best in the US

Amanexp

Yes I agree I’m very happy with my choice! I’ll PM you about the PT
Pages: [1]   Go Up