Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Pili external Tibia with HEF method (hopefuly 6cm) 2019  (Read 16324 times)

Rei

Dr Pili external Tibia with HEF method (hopefuly 6cm) 2019
« on: June 08, 2019, 06:38:17 PM »

Hi guys im 33 (male) 163 cm and just did the surgery yesterday and tomorrow i will have already to leave the hospital and go back to Rome from Lecco.

I kind regret already having the surgery, i can’t almost stand even with crutches, i tried to walk with them and the pain was way too much and lasted for hours just for walking 10m.

On top of that and i already knew it i will have to get there for the ATL, honestly i will try to not do it even if i need to stop at 5cm.

Right now i have no idea i will i be able to take the train and go back to Rome already tomorrow, considering i will have the fixators for atleast 9 months and today is not passed yet, i think i did something too big for me. Sorry for my english

FutureManuteBol

Re: Dr Pili external Tibia with HEF method (hopefuly 6cm) 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 06:49:39 PM »

Hey, relax. You already went through with this. What's done is done. You need to remain confident and hopeful. Have faith. Are you staying close to the hospital?

Rei

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:57:23 PM »

Hey, relax. You already went through with this. What's done is done. You need to remain confident and hopeful. Have faith. Are you staying close to the hospital?

No i live in Rome, dr Pili will visit me at Rome those months

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 06:58:30 PM »

OK, that sounds fine. What is the HEF method? Are you doing a full Ilizarov? Why did you choose this method?

Rei

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 07:12:36 PM »

OK, that sounds fine. What is the HEF method? Are you doing a full Ilizarov? Why did you choose this method?

I livi in Italy and Pili and Catagni are known worlwide. Hef is pretty much like Ilizarov, i choose it cause is cheap and the safest

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 07:23:28 PM »

Did you ever consider internal tibias?

Rei

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

Did you ever consider internal tibias?

It’s kind of pointless now. Im in the bed now, i don’t feel pain but is like if my legs are in constant feeling on being exausted, to an insane degree which makes me feel terrible

tlannister

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 08:07:20 PM »

It’s kind of pointless now. Im in the bed now, i don’t feel pain but is like if my legs are in constant feeling on being exausted, to an insane degree which makes me feel terrible

try to get some heavy pain killers.
tramadol or something for the first 2-3 weeks.

What is done is done. Even if you were to remove fixtator, you will still have broken bones. pain etc for atleast a month.

try to get to 4cm and call it a day.
it should be like 50 days from now on.
you can do it!

Baltigo

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 11:07:36 PM »

I wish you good luck for your journey and please keep your spirit high, that the only way you can go through it.

i have a questions for you:

- how much did the surgery cost with dr.Pili?

i will be following your journey since i am interested in getting LL in the future so please keep us updated!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:46:28 AM by baltigo »

Great321

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 11:32:16 PM »

Hi guys im 33 (male) 163 cm and just did the surgery yesterday and tomorrow i will have already to leave the hospital and go back to Rome from Lecco.

I kind regret already having the surgery, i can’t almost stand even with crutches, i tried to walk with them and the pain was way too much and lasted for hours just for walking 10m.

On top of that and i already knew it i will have to get there for the ATL, honestly i will try to not do it even if i need to stop at 5cm.

Right now i have no idea i will i be able to take the train and go back to Rome already tomorrow, considering i will have the fixators for atleast 9 months and today is not passed yet, i think i did something too big for me. Sorry for my english

1. Who decided for you to leave that place one day after surgery? Did Dr. Pili say that it is possible?

2. Are you on your own or will you hire a caretaker?

3. Do you really use crutches already or do you use a walker? On the first days after surgery I couldn't walk that much either. It gets better with time.

4. Take stronger pain killers. I took Tramal 3 times a day for the first months. In the hospital they even gave me too much. I felt sick all the time but I didn't have any pain...

5.You should be able to avoid ATL. Try to stretch your Achilles tendons everyday with the PT and at home, maybe with some devices bought from amazon or so which your doctor approves.

6. The first weeks passed very fast...after some time and whenever I had some weird pain time was awfully slow. On my third month I couldn't imagine wearing the frames even 3 months more. Now it's been almost 8 months or so...and it kinda feels so far away but also as if I was in Athens just a few weeks ago. Of course without the frames it's better but the last months were passing quite fast so it's not too bad. 

Don't think too much about the choice you made. The only way now is forward. Don't think about anything except for PT and passing your time. What are your plans? How long will you stay in Rome? Will you stay in Italy for the whole procedure?

Rei

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 04:26:14 AM »

1. Who decided for you to leave that place one day after surgery? Did Dr. Pili say that it is possible?

2. Are you on your own or will you hire a caretaker?

3. Do you really use crutches already or do you use a walker? On the first days after surgery I couldn't walk that much either. It gets better with time.

4. Take stronger pain killers. I took Tramal 3 times a day for the first months. In the hospital they even gave me too much. I felt sick all the time but I didn't have any pain...

5.You should be able to avoid ATL. Try to stretch your Achilles tendons everyday with the PT and at home, maybe with some devices bought from amazon or so which your doctor approves.

6. The first weeks passed very fast...after some time and whenever I had some weird pain time was awfully slow. On my third month I couldn't imagine wearing the frames even 3 months more. Now it's been almost 8 months or so...and it kinda feels so far away but also as if I was in Athens just a few weeks ago. Of course without the frames it's better but the last months were passing quite fast so it's not too bad. 

Don't think too much about the choice you made. The only way now is forward. Don't think about anything except for PT and passing your time. What are your plans? How long will you stay in Rome? Will you stay in Italy for the whole procedure?

1) pretty much everyone leaves one day after the surgery

2) Im here with my mother

3) I use crutches but i literally cant walk anyway, if i try the paib in insane

6) yeah i will stay in Rome cause i leave there.

For people asking i paid 20k plus every visit is about 260 euro (each every month)

Beforeandafter

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 05:55:07 AM »

Hi
Can you share HEF freme photo. Is it like hybrid ? How long you have to wear those freme?

Rei

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 06:24:19 AM »

Hi
Can you share HEF freme photo. Is it like hybrid ? How long you have to wear those freme?

I did some pictures, will share them later on, they are like Ilizarov but black, you can google them.

I will have to wear them till full consolidation, so like 9 months

Rei

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 09:07:28 AM »

Guys do you think i will be able to do 5cm without ATL? My tibias are 35 cm

Nameless

• Where the mind goes, the body will follow.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 11:28:32 AM »

From what I read/heard so far, it varies too much from person to person.
Some people are able to lengthen way more than that with ease, while others suffer at even 4 cm.
You'll just have to wait and see how your body reacts. If it gets too painful, consult your doctor and stop lengthening if it means hurting yourself long-term.

I'll soon go through the same thing as you. Stay strong brother! Don't forget this pain is temporary while the gain is permanent.
Original Height: 5 foot 7.4 (1.71 cm), Goal Height: 5 foot 10.1 (1.78 cm)
Initial Femur's Length: 43.8 cm, Initial Tibia's Length: 37.4 cm
Method: External Tibia @ Dr. Jacob Odessky
Body Composition: Buffed, low body fat
Approximate date of surgery: March 2020.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 02:51:24 PM »

if you walk daily for 45mins to 1 hour or do excercises, 5cm is a joke. no atl!! i got atl at 5.5cm coz i used to walk less as i had to work too...
but again at 5.5cm there is no significant difference you would find..try 7 atleast...everyone in my batch with pili got 8 atleast...3/4 had atl however...if you are an asian, you could avoid atl coz yoh would be lengthening very slow due to low callous...so your tissues would have ample time.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Beforeandafter

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »

I did some pictures, will share them later on, they are like Ilizarov but black, you can google them.

I will have to wear them till full consolidation, so like 9 months
Is that carbon freme ?
Is he used half pin ?
How much weight you can put ?
Why later on ?

Knik

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 03:30:38 PM »

stay positive, and good luck
Looking for Pili

Rei

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 04:59:37 PM »

Is that carbon freme ?
Is he used half pin ?
How much weight you can put ?
Why later on ?

I don’t think so, they are heavy as fk.

I don’t know

I can put 20kg max weight, i weight 60kg so is pretty easy

What do you mean: “Why later on?”

Rei

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 10:09:15 PM »

Just got back home from Lecco after a 5 hours trip, is 2 days i don’t sleep ( since my surgery) and i doubt i will sleep well ever until i get my frames off. The discomfort + pain + being a burden for my mother for everything is killing me already, maybe this was not for me, but now i can’t go back anyway. To anyone reading this, pls if you really want to do it, go for internal everything, you can’t even understand the amount of overall pain and discomfort this will bring to your life

Baltigo

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 11:12:38 PM »

I am sorry for your pain, but please be positive and keep looking forward. are you on any pain killers right now? have you contacted dr pili about the pain?

Jubartt169

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2019, 11:40:26 PM »

Don't be afraid or sad. We are here for you and with you, brother!

Keep us updated, I'll try to be here to monitor your progress.

:)

Ghostfish

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 12:42:27 AM »

Hi Rei
I am just so shocked that you had to leave two days after the surgery.  Perhaps it may be doable but I don't know.  I stayed in the hospital for 4 days, and others stayed at least 3 days, although it was stryde. 
Take pain medicines such as tramadol or oxycodone every 4-5 hours, as long as they are available. You need them at least for 2-3 weeks to heal your surgery trauma.  After that, you will feel a little better.
Stay strong and be positive.  Time goes by no matter what!
Cheers,

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2019, 02:31:31 AM »

Good luck my friend I wish you all the best.

Just think a year from now you'll be about 173cm with a good pair of boots and will be taller than the vast majority of women without them.
You'll experience almost no discrimination for your heigh anymore.

Rei

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2019, 06:54:57 AM »

Im not sleeping at all but today in the morning i feel better overall.

The thing is as soon as indo a couple of step it hurts and it keeps hurting for some minutes, Dr Pioi said to walk but not too much otherwise the fixator will get loose.

The 20 of this month i will start the lenghting and the 22 i will meet with Dr Pili to remove the stiches.

Btw my left leg only cracks everytime i walk or move it even in the bed while the right one dosn’t, i guess is normal.

Rei

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2019, 12:18:28 PM »

Not even a week after the surgery i feel so much better, my improvements are huge everyday and pain is almost gone.

Still can’t sleep very well cause i have to wear slippers the whole time with underneath some rubber bands to “fight” ballerina foot, so my feet are extremely warm everytime and they hurt a bit, if i remove the slippers and the rubber bands during the night atleast, my legs start to hurt because fixator prevents the feet from resting on top of the bed and they are left just there hanging and for some reason after a while my whole legs hurt.

I can walk pretty quickly and almost do everything with the walker and this is only 5 days post op even my mother said she didn’t expect that.

Dr Pili gave me some exercises that i need to do daily and there is one that i have a lot of trouble doing, laying on the bed with my belly and the leges outside the bed and pretty much do an alternate “leg curl” like in the gym, the pain doing this is huge and even without pain i have barely the strenght to move my legs, other than that i feel much better

Activatedx

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »

Not even a week after the surgery i feel so much better, my improvements are huge everyday and pain is almost gone.

Still can’t sleep very well cause i have to wear slippers the whole time with underneath some rubber bands to “fight” ballerina foot, so my feet are extremely warm everytime and they hurt a bit, if i remove the slippers and the rubber bands during the night atleast, my legs start to hurt because fixator prevents the feet from resting on top of the bed and they are left just there hanging and for some reason after a while my whole legs hurt.

I can walk pretty quickly and almost do everything with the walker and this is only 5 days post op even my mother said she didn’t expect that.

Dr Pili gave me some exercises that i need to do daily and there is one that i have a lot of trouble doing, laying on the bed with my belly and the leges outside the bed and pretty much do an alternate “leg curl” like in the gym, the pain doing this is huge and even without pain i have barely the strenght to move my legs, other than that i feel much better

What would you rate your pain tolerance?

Rei

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2019, 06:51:11 PM »

What would you rate your pain tolerance?

Very high, i had 6 hours tattoo sessions in some bad spots like my back or ribs and i endure it.

Huge pain from the surgery was only immediately after i woke up and a couple of days after, the thing is dealing with pain+discomfort+going from a very healthy guy to a 110 years old man in a day. The discomfort is far worse than the pain

myloginacc

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 02:36:56 AM »

Very high, i had 6 hours tattoo sessions in some bad spots like my back or ribs and i endure it.

Huge pain from the surgery was only immediately after i woke up and a couple of days after, the thing is dealing with pain+discomfort+going from a very healthy guy to a 110 years old man in a day. The discomfort is far worse than the pain

How are things now for you?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Rei

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 05:54:01 AM »

How are things now for you?

Better but i have a lot of discomfort sleeping

Rei

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 11:39:22 AM »

8 days post OP i feel so much better. I can walk really fast with the walker at home and really normally, i just limp a lilttle bit forward to out strenght on my arms, i’m scared that after 9 months i will have some duck ass. The only problem is sleeping but w/e, is prob going to get better that to
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up