Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will precise Stryde prices go down?  (Read 1625 times)

hawk4

• Visitor
Will precise Stryde prices go down?
« on: June 11, 2019, 04:42:00 AM »

Hello Everyone,
Do you think the price of precise Stryde will go down any time soon?

Activatedx

Re: Will precise Stryde prices go down?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 07:47:56 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Doubt it, will probably stay same or very slightly decrease

They probably won’t develop another alternative for a few years until they improve

Nail has rare earth magnet and other expensive components

Factor that with inflation and increased demand it will probably more or less stay around current price for a couple years

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »

Hello Everyone,

It really depends.. on which country you live in ? For example the currencies change .. like the Dollar or Euro and British Pound..   for example... anyone living in the United Kingdom... will get better value after brexit has been agreed with the EU .. the pounds value will go up in value against the dollar and Euro😜

sylar94

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 03:34:54 PM »

prices always go up because of inflation
the problem is that there are only about 20 qualified doctors that do LL
if there were 50000 good LL doctors in the world the prices would be very low
another problem is that NuVasive is the only nail provider therefore its a monopoly market
unless other nail providers appear,  NuVasive wont bother about finding ways to cut down the production costs for the nail so that they can offer more competitive prices compared to their market competitors

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 04:51:11 PM »

prices always go up because of inflation
the problem is that there are only about 20 qualified doctors that do LL
if there were 50000 good LL doctors in the world the prices would be very low
another problem is that NuVasive is the only nail provider therefore its a monopoly market
unless other nail providers appear,  NuVasive wont bother about finding ways to cut down the production costs for the nail so that they can offer more competitive prices compared to their market competitors

Inflation will always be a factor... but if you understand in foreign exchange language... the Dollar  outlook for the year ahead looks weak ... compared to the British Pound and the Euro.. if the dollar weakens at a few percent... the surgery costs for someone in England will $10000 dollars cheaper
When the go to America for surgery...

short

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »

Who cares about the cost of the nails, the prices for ll rises regulary.

sylar94

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »

Who cares about the cost of the nails, the prices for ll rises regulary.
are you listening yourself?
stryde nails cost 27k euro
if those nails would cost 1k, you would save 26k euro

Activatedx

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »

are you listening yourself?
stryde nails cost 27k euro
if those nails would cost 1k, you would save 26k euro

The materials are actually really expensive, it wouldn't ever cost 1k in near future. However, I'm sure if they had competition it would drop more or less 5-8k.

sylar94

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 05:17:41 PM »

The materials are actually really expensive, it wouldn't ever cost 1k in near future. However, I'm sure if they had competition it would drop more or less 5-8k.
maybe Synoste will have a better/cheaper nail in the near future

Activatedx

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 05:23:15 PM »

maybe Synoste will have a better/cheaper nail in the near future

I wouldn't risk it for even 15k saved off price, one nail breakage or issue and additional surgery will cost you that much plus pain and healing time

sylar94

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »

consider the fact that it wouldnt make sense for Synoste to bring to the market anything less than Stryde
therefore i expect their nail to be better than Stryde

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 02:33:32 AM »

It really depends.. on which country you live in ? For example the currencies change .. like the Dollar or Euro and British Pound..   for example... anyone living in the United Kingdom... will get better value after brexit has been agreed with the EU .. the pounds value will go up in value against the dollar and Euro😜

Post-Brexit pound's value will go down not up, it will crash

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »

Post-Brexit pound's value will go down not up, it will crash

Yes only on the short term ... but on the long term the Pound will get stronger .. after a year or two  ;D

TheAlchemist

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 12:41:33 PM »

Based on supply and demand principles, I could only see the price dropping significantly (>20%) if a greater # of doctors start performing this procedure.

Currently there is a small group of doctors who perform this surgery globally, and an even smaller list when you think about doctors with enough history and experience to provide the average patient with enough assurance to move forward therefore the supply is low.

For demand, factoring in that the potential candidate cannot afford to take a 6 month break from their every day lives, I think the demand has a hard ceiling for those that are extremely wealthy, those with passive income streams, those who can effectively perform their work from bed side, or those like myself, who have saved enough to cover my everyday expenses for 6 months.

Given the above dynamics, I can't see the price dropping unless the technology evolves to a place where people can do CLL safely and continue to lengthen while going about their everyday lives. There would have to be significant advancements around soft tissue/muscle recovery from stretching for this to happen. The ironic thing there is if it became that accessible and mainstream, everyone would likely do it, which would bring the average height even higher.

Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Activatedx

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 06:14:39 PM »

Based on supply and demand principles, I could only see the price dropping significantly (>20%) if a greater # of doctors start performing this procedure.

Currently there is a small group of doctors who perform this surgery globally, and an even smaller list when you think about doctors with enough history and experience to provide the average patient with enough assurance to move forward therefore the supply is low.

For demand, factoring in that the potential candidate cannot afford to take a 6 month break from their every day lives, I think the demand has a hard ceiling for those that are extremely wealthy, those with passive income streams, those who can effectively perform their work from bed side, or those like myself, who have saved enough to cover my everyday expenses for 6 months.

Given the above dynamics, I can't see the price dropping unless the technology evolves to a place where people can do CLL safely and continue to lengthen while going about their everyday lives. There would have to be significant advancements around soft tissue/muscle recovery from stretching for this to happen. The ironic thing there is if it became that accessible and mainstream, everyone would likely do it, which would bring the average height even higher.

Highly doubt it , only short men would mainly do it, which would eliminate small portion of the shorter group which wouldn’t really make a noticeable difference. Possibly small amount of average guys would do it. But i doubt it would get to that point where a large margin would do it, the average human wouldn’t do something drastic like this to themselves, it takes a lot of self motivation. Even if it was half the price and half the recovery 99.9% of people wouldn’t do it. It’s surrounded by taboo and misinformation and a very scary procedure. It took me over a year to decide whether I want to do this.

I’m sure there are less than 400-500 people in the US that do this per year, even if that was 4-5 million that would only mean 1 out of every 100 person in the US has altered height, which wouldn’t make a noticeable difference at all. there are half a billion people in the USA. Until it gets to like 5-10% more or less which it never will or at least in our lifetime.

Countries like China and Korea may be a different story because it is popular more there, however they have pretty bad doctors and methods. Unless you’re going to Donghoon lee you would more than likely not make a full recovery, it was so bad in China they banned it for a while because of how many people were getting disabled

Anyways point is CLL will never be desirable anytime soon to the average American. People that do CLL and recover good are 0.0001 of the USA population ( or whatever developed country) .

MAIN focus, no ones going to keep competing to being taller and taller. That’s in your guys head, tall people don’t think about height like you do. It’s secondary to their life. Just like skinny people don’t compete to get skinnier and skinnier, there’s a desirable range. Women prefer men 6ft or a little taller. Some women like 6’5 but a lot think that’s too much. 6ft or a little more seems to be the magic number. Anyways I don’t know why alotof people on this forum view height as the key to life, there are hundreds of other factors that will influence your life job social status and relationship status, height is one of those factors but no ones going to compete by breaking their legs to be the master tall race. No one cares if you’re seven foot, most women will that that’s too much or weird looking.  you might stand out more but it’s  not  your genies lamp to everything, that’s retarded. The mentality of some people baffles me. Once you’re 6ft+ height is not important and you will never feel insecure unless you’re mentally ill or if you live in the netherlands

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »

[quote author=Activatedx link=topic=64066.msg162254#msg162254 date

Some women like 6’5 but a lot think that’s too much. 6ft or a little more seems to be the magic number.

Totally agree... 6Ft is the magic number !!!!😜
Pages: [1]   Go Up