Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding wingspan and height proportions  (Read 495 times)

TruthBomber

Question regarding wingspan and height proportions
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »

If one has wingspan of, let us say, 195 centimeters (6′ 4.8″)
and the height is 188 cm (6'2'')

Would for this person going from 6'2'' to 6'5'' still maintain body proportions assuming this wingspan?

At which moment these proportions would be lost? Are there any golden rules of these ratios?

Thanks

Rei

Re: Question regarding wingspan and height proportions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:36:13 AM »

I think the golden ratio is 1:1 going slighty less or slighty more than that, dosn’t make any visible difference

TruthBomber

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:03:17 PM »

I think the golden ratio is 1:1 going slighty less or slighty more than that, dosn’t make any visible difference
Lifefuel if so. It means that my hands right now are a tiny bit LONGER than my body. Actually 7 cm LONGER. So by lengthening my legs 6-7 cm I would look MORE proportional not less. Is this making sense?

Rei

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »

Lifefuel if so. It means that my hands right now are a tiny bit LONGER than my body. Actually 7 cm LONGER. So by lengthening my legs 6-7 cm I would look MORE proportional not less. Is this making sense?

In terms of wingspan and height ratio is going to make your body look better, but you need to check your overall proportions. Anyway doing 6-7 cm rarely do any harm if any at all to body proportions unless you already have some really long legs

TruthBomber

re
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »

In terms of wingspan and height ratio is going to make your body look better, but you need to check your overall proportions. Anyway doing 6-7 cm rarely do any harm if any at all to body proportions unless you already have some really long legs

Is 6-7 cm on femurs for 6'2'' person relatively "safe"?

I mean, is it in safe zone? I assume, the taller you are, the more you can lengthen, correct?

Rei

Re: re
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 01:03:48 PM »

Is 6-7 cm on femurs for 6'2'' person relatively "safe"?

I mean, is it in safe zone? I assume, the taller you are, the more you can lengthen, correct?

Yeah 15% is considered supersafe and 20% the limit atleast on this forum but overall is a reasonable lenght for femurs

TruthBomber

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 04:10:39 PM »

Yeah 15% is considered supersafe and 20% the limit atleast on this forum but overall is a reasonable lenght for femurs
What do you mean by 15%? What are these percentages?

Rei

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 04:21:20 PM »

What do you mean by 15%? What are these percentages?

15% of a single segment. Like if your tibias are long 35 cm, then lenghting them by 5,25cm would be really safe and instead lenghting them by 7 cm would be 20% of their total initial lenght and that would mean really pushing it.

P.S. i know i butchered lenghting

TruthBomber

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »

How do I measure my femurs correctly? They appear to be about 45 cm long, but I'm not sure if I'm measuring right.

15% of 45 is about 6-7cm. So I assume 6 cm would be pretty safe and also not mess up proportions too much. Maybe even 7 cm, but no more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up