Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal femurs with Dr Paley  (Read 473 times)

just do it

• Visitor
Internal femurs with Dr Paley
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:01:13 AM »

Hi everyone,I want to start by saying how wonderful this forum is. I have been thinking about this surger for two years already and now my dream comes true!

I am 17 years old, I come from Shanghai. I am 158cm tall and I hope to get 6.5cm Taller. My surgery date is June 18. Finger crossed for a successful experience and I will keep you updated.

Activatedx

Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 01:10:34 AM »

Hi everyone,I want to start by saying how wonderful this forum is. I have been thinking about this surger for two years already and now my dream comes true!

I am 17 years old, I come from Shanghai. I am 158cm tall and I hope to get 6.5cm Taller. My surgery date is June 18. Finger crossed for a successful experience and I will keep you updated.

Why not go for 7.5/8cm? Might as well get the extra length since you’re going to the best doctor in the world and spending 100k+

just do it

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 01:26:54 AM »

Hello Activatedx,
I only do 6.5cm this time because it will recover faster and will have minimum impact on my body.I plan to do my Tibias after two years around 5cm.So that I can have a good proportion.

OGfivesevener

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 03:56:12 AM »

Hello Activatedx,
I only do 6.5cm this time because it will recover faster and will have minimum impact on my body.I plan to do my Tibias after two years around 5cm.So that I can have a good proportion.

Hey I'll send you a PM.

just do it

• Visitor
Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley on June 18
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 01:58:26 AM »

Today I got surprised when I sent a mail to Dr. Paley saying that I am excited, however, I am also a bit nervous. An hour after he replied, "Don’t worry. All will be OK."

This made me rest assured that I am in good hand.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:19:11 AM by just do it »

grow for tall

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 02:40:18 AM »

Hi, I also located in shang hai and want to do this surgey, but I am 30  years old. I need more information.So can you send me info or wechat account? Thx. May be I will do this surgey 2 years later....

verticalpush

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 05:24:30 PM »

Why not go for 7.5/8cm? Might as well get the extra length since you’re going to the best doctor in the world and spending 100k+

Seconded.

Or at least don't rule it out from the beginning! If you feel fine after 6.5 cm I absolutely don't see a reason to not push for the extra cm. The extra time it takes to recover from that extra cm is negligible compared to the total time it will take to recover from the first 6.5 cm. I also don't believe there's any academic literature showing a (long term) correlation between 6.5 cm vs 7.5 cm and athletic ability, post-lengthening. Lengthening tibias 2 years later is far more likely to limit one's athletic ability than going for the extra 1 cm in femurs in round 1.

Just my 2 cents, of course. I just would keep an open mind about it before you start the lengthening process.

just do it

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:38:05 AM »

Today I went to the hospital for the pre-surgery admission testing and pre-operation clearance with Dr. Paley. I was told by the nurse that I cannot eat after 12 am and stop drinking 2 hours before the scheduled surgery time. Once again, Dr. Paley mentioned that everything is going to be fine and there is nothing to worry about.

My surgery is scheduled at 8am tomorrow morning and I have to arrive there 2 hours before.

I know everything will be fine but I am still a bit nervous, hope everything will go well.

Ghostfish

« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:39:40 AM »

Hi just do it

I did that in the same place. You should be fine.  Don't worry and be relaxed.
Good luck!

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:42:21 AM »

Good luck my friend

just do it

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:43:08 AM »

@verticalpush Thank for your valuable advice. I'll see how it goes and decide whether or not to go an extra mile.
@grow for tall I will keep you updated to the newest experience during this process.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:13:24 AM by just do it »

Activatedx

« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:47:38 AM »

Surgery isn’t a hard  process, I had my appendix removed as a kid once they give you aenesthia you black out and wake up and feel zero pain. Even when you wake up you won’t feel pain because you’ll still feel effects of aenesthia . You’ll be fine kiddo and God bless

Thousands of dwarfs or people with unequal leg length go through this surgery every year, you’ll be ok my friend just pray

TheAlchemist

« Reply #12 on: Today at 03:33:12 AM »

Rooting for you! You are with the most reputable/experienced doctor in the world.....you're in good hands!

just do it

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: Today at 10:19:01 AM »

Before Surgery:
Now it’s 6:00am in Paley Institute.we are already in the hospital waiting for the surgery. This is going to be a big day!

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #14 on: Today at 03:51:18 PM »

Good luck ... my friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up