Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal femurs with Dr Paley  (Read 12697 times)

just do it

Internal femurs with Dr Paley
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:01:13 AM »

Hi everyone,I want to start by saying how wonderful this forum is. I have been thinking about this surger for two years already and now my dream comes true!

I am 17 years old, I come from Shanghai. I am 158cm tall and I hope to get 6.5cm Taller. My surgery date is June 18. Finger crossed for a successful experience and I will keep you updated.

Activatedx

Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 01:10:34 AM »

Hi everyone,I want to start by saying how wonderful this forum is. I have been thinking about this surger for two years already and now my dream comes true!

I am 17 years old, I come from Shanghai. I am 158cm tall and I hope to get 6.5cm Taller. My surgery date is June 18. Finger crossed for a successful experience and I will keep you updated.

Why not go for 7.5/8cm? Might as well get the extra length since you’re going to the best doctor in the world and spending 100k+

just do it

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 01:26:54 AM »

Hello Activatedx,
I only do 6.5cm this time because it will recover faster and will have minimum impact on my body.I plan to do my Tibias after two years around 5cm.So that I can have a good proportion.

OGfivesevener

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 03:56:12 AM »

Hello Activatedx,
I only do 6.5cm this time because it will recover faster and will have minimum impact on my body.I plan to do my Tibias after two years around 5cm.So that I can have a good proportion.

Hey I'll send you a PM.

just do it

Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley on June 18
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 01:58:26 AM »

Today I got surprised when I sent a mail to Dr. Paley saying that I am excited, however, I am also a bit nervous. An hour after he replied, "Don’t worry. All will be OK."

This made me rest assured that I am in good hand.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:19:11 AM by just do it »

grow for tall

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 02:40:18 AM »

Hi, I also located in shang hai and want to do this surgey, but I am 30  years old. I need more information.So can you send me info or wechat account? Thx. May be I will do this surgey 2 years later....

verticalpush

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 05:24:30 PM »

Why not go for 7.5/8cm? Might as well get the extra length since you’re going to the best doctor in the world and spending 100k+

Seconded.

Or at least don't rule it out from the beginning! If you feel fine after 6.5 cm I absolutely don't see a reason to not push for the extra cm. The extra time it takes to recover from that extra cm is negligible compared to the total time it will take to recover from the first 6.5 cm. I also don't believe there's any academic literature showing a (long term) correlation between 6.5 cm vs 7.5 cm and athletic ability, post-lengthening. Lengthening tibias 2 years later is far more likely to limit one's athletic ability than going for the extra 1 cm in femurs in round 1.

Just my 2 cents, of course. I just would keep an open mind about it before you start the lengthening process.

just do it

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 12:38:05 AM »

Today I went to the hospital for the pre-surgery admission testing and pre-operation clearance with Dr. Paley. I was told by the nurse that I cannot eat after 12 am and stop drinking 2 hours before the scheduled surgery time. Once again, Dr. Paley mentioned that everything is going to be fine and there is nothing to worry about.

My surgery is scheduled at 8am tomorrow morning and I have to arrive there 2 hours before.

I know everything will be fine but I am still a bit nervous, hope everything will go well.

Ghostfish

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 12:39:40 AM »

Hi just do it

I did that in the same place. You should be fine.  Don't worry and be relaxed.
Good luck!

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 12:42:21 AM »

Good luck my friend

just do it

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 12:43:08 AM »

@verticalpush Thank for your valuable advice. I'll see how it goes and decide whether or not to go an extra mile.
@grow for tall I will keep you updated to the newest experience during this process.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:13:24 AM by just do it »

Activatedx

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 12:47:38 AM »

Surgery isn’t a hard  process, I had my appendix removed as a kid once they give you aenesthia you black out and wake up and feel zero pain. Even when you wake up you won’t feel pain because you’ll still feel effects of aenesthia . You’ll be fine kiddo and God bless

Thousands of dwarfs or people with unequal leg length go through this surgery every year, you’ll be ok my friend just pray

TheAlchemist

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 03:33:12 AM »

Rooting for you! You are with the most reputable/experienced doctor in the world.....you're in good hands!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

just do it

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 10:19:01 AM »

Before Surgery:
Now it’s 6:00am in Paley Institute.we are already in the hospital waiting for the surgery. This is going to be a big day!

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 03:51:18 PM »

Good luck ... my friend

BeYourBest

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 10:46:40 PM »

I hope all went well! Sending best wishes

just do it

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 10:54:46 PM »

I saw my parents at around 2pm. Dr. Paley came to say Everything goes well to my parents. I am tired today....will keep you updated tomorrow.

PAGrb490

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 06:25:03 AM »

Best wishes in your journey!!!

just do it

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 02:18:56 AM »

Day 2 of surgery

Pain
Today is a very tough day, everything start to hurt. I have to overcome the painfulness by eating medicine.

Appetite
My appetite is not great today, the only way to have energy is by hanging brine.

Walk
The PT came today and taught me how to get out of bed and get into the wheel chair. It is not easy job.

Hopefully, I will be discharged tomorrow.

OGfivesevener

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 05:32:53 AM »

Best wishes Just do it. Stay strong buddy.

Activatedx

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 08:29:53 AM »

Day 2 of surgery

Pain
Today is a very tough day, everything start to hurt. I have to overcome the painfulness by eating medicine.

Appetite
My appetite is not great today, the only way to have energy is by hanging brine.

Walk
The PT came today and taught me how to get out of bed and get into the wheel chair. It is not easy job.

Hopefully, I will be discharged tomorrow.

First few days are hardest, after that smooth sailing if you do PT and follow routine, God bless

just do it

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2019, 12:08:18 AM »

Surgery day3:
Unfortunately I can’t be discharge today since my oxygen level is way too low which means I need oxygen mask to breath in air. However, I am starting to feel better today, I should be able to be discharged by this weekend.
Exercise:
The PT came today and started to simple exercise with my leg, by pulling my leg up and down.

jaybam

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019, 12:14:18 AM »

Surgery day3:
Unfortunately I can’t be discharge today since my oxygen level is way too low which means I need oxygen mask to breath in air. However, I am starting to feel better today, I should be able to be discharged by this weekend.
Exercise:
The PT came today and started to simple exercise with my leg, by pulling my leg up and down.

Did they tell you why your oxygen level is so low? That doesn’t seem typical from what I’ve read.

just do it

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2019, 01:07:10 AM »

@jaybam I have just asked the nurse, she said that they are afraid that I will have blood clot since after the surgery the blood moves very slowly as I don’t move very often. I also ate aspirin to prevent this from happening.

BeYourBest

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2019, 08:54:42 PM »

Stay strong man. Everyday will get better!

If you could describe your pain experience so far out of 10, what would you say its been at on average?

Best wishes!

just do it

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2019, 10:51:09 AM »

Surgery Day4:
Sorry for not posting yesterday since I’m feeling unwell.
Lack of oxygen:
I got discharged today. Everything is going smoothly, however, during the night  I got low oxygen again, which makes me really sick.
Toilet:
I tried to go to the toilet with my walker, it doesn’t work and I almost fainted.
Itchy:
I got itchy near my wound, which means my wound is getting better.
Pain:
Normally, my pain level is at around 3-4, I overcome the pain by eating oxycodone. It normally gets better around 10-20 minutes.

BeYourBest

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2019, 11:02:09 PM »

Nice to hear things are going smoothly for you as these days are usually quite bad. You’re only experiencing 4/10 pain. Well I shouldn’t say only but yeah so far so good!

Best wishes !

just do it

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2019, 05:39:34 PM »

Surgery Day 5+6:
Toilet:
I can finally go to the toilet by myself with the walker with great success.
Pain:
My pain level started to rise, especially near my wound. Which means that I have to eat Oxycondone or acetaminophen depending on the level of pain 4 hours after each medication.(Acetaminophen is from the pain level of 1-3 and Oxycodone is from pain level of 4-10)
Physical Therapy.
Tomorrow,(Monday24) I am going to have my first physical therapy session. Hopefully, it wont hurt a lot.
Appetite:
My appetite is not really good these days, since I can’t really move on my bed, whenever I start to move, my leg start to hurt. I think it is because I didn’t move a lot so I can’t eat much.
I will try to update my diary everyday, but I am really tired these days due to the rising level of pain on my legs.

BeYourBest

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2019, 08:16:57 PM »

Just take it easy. Focus all your energy on your legs. Update whenever is convenient for you.

All the best!

just do it

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 11:28:54 PM »

Physical Therapy
Yesterday, I started my physical therapy. I did about 6 exercises. I found that the Thomas Stretch helped me a lot. It is a process by which I have to lie both legs bent over the edge of firm surfaces, bring the opposite knee to chest. Apply downward pressure to the leg.  It really hurt, but I know it is good for me since it relaxes my muscle a lot and I feel less pain afterwards.

Removing bandages
Today, the doctor checked my wound, luckily, everything is good. I can remove my bandages.

Limb Lengthening
I started my process of leg lengthening today, 0.25mm each time, 4 times a day. This is not a hard or painful process. I used a magnetic machine pressed on my leg for about 2 minutes on both legs.

Pain
My leg starts to feel much better, which means I would be able to sleep better without have much pain medicine.

Within the one week of my surgery, I found that this is not an easy journey, first few days are the worst. After that, if you follow the therapist, it will go smoothly. Not given up is the key aspect of this whole journey.

Please feel free to ask me any question regarding my limb lengthening journey or anything that I have written in this forum.

I want to attach a photo of my stitches on one of my leg, but it  didn’t work. Can someone tell me how to upload the photos? Thanks in advance.

just do it

Re: Internal femurs with Dr Paley June 18 2019
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2019, 11:27:09 PM »

Today has been a very good day. I haven’t ate any pain medicine for the whole day and I can walk a long way without needing a wheel chair!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up