Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Kilokahn and those who have done (used) Medical visas for LL - help  (Read 583 times)

Lalbadshah

Kilo and others, the topic I need your input/suggestion/help on is the domestic doctor recommendation letter, the topic that Kilo has covered on the first page of his diary under the title "awkward doctor visit". I do not have any primary doctor because I never had any medical issue in last 6 years and never needed to visit any doctor for anything, what do I do? how can I get a doctor in US recommending me for something as scary as LL? I am very much worried that this stupid document needed for Visa may derail my whole plan, plz help/advise. Another thought in my mind is to simply get a tourist visa of 90 days to avoid this thing, what you say?

cena

I am confused. Are you traveling outside the US for surgery? Which country? US citizens don't need visas to most countries. If you have a green card only, then yes you would need a visa. If you don't have a green card also, then good luck going back to US after leaving the country and your US job.

As for the medical document you don't need to know any primary doctor. Just go to one and ask. They have to maintain privacy as per the law. If one doesn't agree, try to get more opinions from other doctors.

Overall this seems like a bad idea. Why not get this done in the US? US has the best doctors. If price is a concern then I think Dr. M in Hollywood might still be affordable.

cheekycabs

I am confused. Are you traveling outside the US for surgery? Which country? US citizens don't need visas to most countries. If you have a green card only, then yes you would need a visa. If you don't have a green card also, then good luck going back to US after leaving the country and your US job.

As for the medical document you don't need to know any primary doctor. Just go to one and ask. They have to maintain privacy as per the law. If one doesn't agree, try to get more opinions from other doctors.

Overall this seems like a bad idea. Why not get this done in the US? US has the best doctors. If price is a concern then I think Dr. M in Hollywood might still be affordable.

Because the difference is between $100,000 and $10,000.

Source: Me, a Canadian who did it in Azerbaijan.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Lalbadshah

Because the difference is between $100,000 and $10,000.

Source: Me, a Canadian who did it in Azerbaijan.

No, it is not that big a difference in my case (since I will do internals), but still big

cena

How big? Seriously man, don't leave the US for this surgery. Max you might save 30 grand. Most doctors these days allow you to lengthen at home. So you will save so much on hotel costs if you do it in US.

cheekycabs

What hotel costs? With the ease of airbnb and everything regarding lodging? I could actually take the money I saved from doing the surgery outside the states, buy 2 houses in the city and live in them for the same costs.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

cena

Dude with respect, your priorities are messed up. Buy houses because you saved money on LL?
Pages: [1]   Go Up