Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nerve pain, numbness  (Read 946 times)

tiggy

Nerve pain, numbness
« on: June 17, 2019, 12:00:59 AM »

As I've written in my diary, I am having nerve pain and it started around 25cm. It is a combination of numbness, burning, pains and needles sensation that at times is quite severe.

My questions are therefore for LL veterans who may have experienced same type of issues.

1. Please describe the type of nerve pain you had, for example was it accompanied with numbness   only or other symptoms described above?
2. When did it start in your lengthening journey?
3. What was prescribed by your dr, if anything? Did it help you? If not, what did?
4. Did the symptoms pass after you stopped lengthening, and if so, when?

Thank you in advance to all veterans who respond. It's very interesting to read about different perspectives because nerve pain isn't often talked about but it could be very debilitating and actually prevent/stop the lengthening process.

sylar94

Re: Nerve pain, numbness
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 12:03:28 AM »

25 cm?

Rei

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 01:39:36 AM »

25 cm?

Come on it’s a typo, he means 2,5 cm

tiggy

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 03:14:03 AM »

Come on it’s a typo, he means 2,5 cm

Yes, thanks Rei

Great321

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »

I will quote from my own diary to answer your questions.

1. Please describe the type of nerve pain you had, for example was it accompanied with numbness   only or other symptoms described above?

20.10.2018:
- "Sometimes my legs feel very hot inside."
- "It's a mix of heaviness, heat, burning and pressure."
- "On the third day morning I was very happy because I thought I improved a lot. Walked longer, had less pain. But then I was sitting on the toilet (not the first time), my knees were hurting weirdly, my left foot began tingling and becoming warmer. After I went back to my bed I noticed that a little part of my left foot was now more numb then before. And since then my left foot becomes hot and feels like burning when I walk. Now my left foot is the weaker one and walking is more difficult and painful then on the 3rd day morning."
20.11.2018:
- "There are several numb places around my tibias and as mentioned before around my left foot."
13.01.2019:
- "I had some nerve pain in my left foot but it disappeared."
03.04.2019:
- "Sometimes the skin around a certain pin feels like burning when you touch it(not hot)"
28.04.2019:
- "For some days I felt an uncomfortable tingling around my upper shins where the cut was made. Like needles. It usually occured when I used the cycling machine for too long. It had stopped when I rested again. This time it even bothered me during lying in bed. Now that sensation is mostly gone again."
17.05.2019:
- "Also one nerve of my right lower leg makes itself noticable uncomfortable when I move my leg in certain positions. "
25.05.2019:
- "The nerve of my right lower leg doesn't bother me anymore."
Today:
No active nerve pain. Parts of the shins are still numb (the numb area increased with time) and also the right top side of my left foot. But it doesn't affect my walking or everyday life. I wonder how it will be in the future when I sometime have to kneel down with my shins on the ground if it will be very uncomfortable because of the numbness (?)...

I remember when I was still in Athens the nerve pain in my left foot was so bad that I couldn't just lie down with my legs stretched. There always had to be an object to which I could lean my left foot against. Otherwise it was too uncomfortable.

3. What was prescribed by your dr, if anything? Did it help you? If not, what did?

17.11.2018:
- "he (Dr. Giannakos) insisted that I should take at least one Tramal pill a day and 2 Lyrica (against nerve pain) a day."

tiggy

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 04:20:36 PM »

I will quote from my own diary to answer your questions.

20.10.2018:
- "Sometimes my legs feel very hot inside."
- "It's a mix of heaviness, heat, burning and pressure."
- "On the third day morning I was very happy because I thought I improved a lot. Walked longer, had less pain. But then I was sitting on the toilet (not the first time), my knees were hurting weirdly, my left foot began tingling and becoming warmer. After I went back to my bed I noticed that a little part of my left foot was now more numb then before. And since then my left foot becomes hot and feels like burning when I walk. Now my left foot is the weaker one and walking is more difficult and painful then on the 3rd day morning."
20.11.2018:
- "There are several numb places around my tibias and as mentioned before around my left foot."
13.01.2019:
- "I had some nerve pain in my left foot but it disappeared."
03.04.2019:
- "Sometimes the skin around a certain pin feels like burning when you touch it(not hot)"
28.04.2019:
- "For some days I felt an uncomfortable tingling around my upper shins where the cut was made. Like needles. It usually occured when I used the cycling machine for too long. It had stopped when I rested again. This time it even bothered me during lying in bed. Now that sensation is mostly gone again."
17.05.2019:
- "Also one nerve of my right lower leg makes itself noticable uncomfortable when I move my leg in certain positions. "
25.05.2019:
- "The nerve of my right lower leg doesn't bother me anymore."
Today:
No active nerve pain. Parts of the shins are still numb (the numb area increased with time) and also the right top side of my left foot. But it doesn't affect my walking or everyday life. I wonder how it will be in the future when I sometime have to kneel down with my shins on the ground if it will be very uncomfortable because of the numbness (?)...

I remember when I was still in Athens the nerve pain in my left foot was so bad that I couldn't just lie down with my legs stretched. There always had to be an object to which I could lean my left foot against. Otherwise it was too uncomfortable.

17.11.2018:
- "he (Dr. Giannakos) insisted that I should take at least one Tramal pill a day and 2 Lyrica (against nerve pain) a day."

Hey man, thanks for that detailed response. While what you experienced appears to be slightly different than what I'm experiencing, your reply was nontheless very helpful. I really appreciate you taking the time to post this message. I hope the numbness you have continues to improve, and I'm sure it will with time. Be well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up