Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do people say LL has bad long term effects?  (Read 1694 times)

TruthBomber

Why do people say LL has bad long term effects?
« on: June 17, 2019, 05:08:19 PM »

Such as "ending up in wheelchair"?

Why is this said? Is it true?

Activatedx

Re: Why do people say LL has bad long term effects?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 07:18:23 PM »

Sure if you pay 5-10k and go to India in alot of scenarios. There’s no one under the age of 45 that went to a credible top ten doctor in this forum that had anything more than minor complications that were temporary.

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 09:52:32 PM »

^ What about unicorn?

Activatedx

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 11:33:04 PM »

^ What about unicorn?

I’m saying sure as in yes you will end up crippled if you go cheap with this surgery
I’m a victim of this thinking, when I first read about CLL then realized how many people that went to cheap or non credible doctors ended up with nerve damage and terrible complications that required additional surgery I realized I wouldn’t let any doctor touch my legs unless it was a first world country and a top ten doctor

angryfem

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 12:45:22 AM »

I’m saying sure as in yes you will end up crippled if you go cheap with this surgery
I’m a victim of this thinking, when I first read about CLL then realized how many people that went to cheap or non credible doctors ended up with nerve damage and terrible complications that required additional surgery I realized I wouldn’t let any doctor touch my legs unless it was a first world country and a top ten doctor

But Guichet was supposedly a good doctor...

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 06:01:32 AM »

More than likely long term effects will be problems with your knees and ankles from tibia lengthening and more than likely early onset of arthritis. With poor ankle mobility your athleticism will also suffer and your muscles will atrophy and not get back to where they were before. Femur lengthening puts pressure on the knee, hip and pelvis meaning there is a chance you will suffer knee problems and pains in your hip. If your quads and gamstrings are tight (which they will be after femur lengthening) this can pull on your pelvis and create tension in your back muscles. Like tibia lengthening there will also be a loss of flexibility, athleticism and muscle tone. Of course no leg lengthening doctor will tell you any of this as that will affect their sales.

TruthBomber

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 08:24:28 AM »

More than likely long term effects will be problems with your knees and ankles from tibia lengthening and more than likely early onset of arthritis. With poor ankle mobility your athleticism will also suffer and your muscles will atrophy and not get back to where they were before. Femur lengthening puts pressure on the knee, hip and pelvis meaning there is a chance you will suffer knee problems and pains in your hip. If your quads and gamstrings are tight (which they will be after femur lengthening) this can pull on your pelvis and create tension in your back muscles. Like tibia lengthening there will also be a loss of flexibility, athleticism and muscle tone. Of course no leg lengthening doctor will tell you any of this as that will affect their sales.
Wouldn't stretching of your hamstrings and muscles over time correct this issue?

Shouldn't stretches be mandatory preparation for surgery?

Then accompanied with human growth hormone use for hyerplasia of muscle, nerve and other cells?

kream

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 08:34:36 AM »

Wouldn't stretching of your hamstrings and muscles over time correct this issue?

Shouldn't stretches be mandatory preparation for surgery?

Then accompanied with human growth hormone use for hyerplasia of muscle, nerve and other cells?
The mandatory stretches n stuff you're talking about aren't provided/told by your third work doctors, who also probably don't have a consultation or a proper one at least, you get third world treatment in a third world country, no matter how great they may be in their country, it's always safer to, as activated said, top 10 from first world countries.

TruthBomber

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »

The mandatory stretches n stuff you're talking about aren't provided/told by your third work doctors, who also probably don't have a consultation or a proper one at least, you get third world treatment in a third world country, no matter how great they may be in their country, it's always safer to, as activated said, top 10 from first world countries.
Naturally nobody with a brain would go to some third world Pajeet to get their legs butchered.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »

So do you suspect that all of this will happen to you, Bigpoppapump? After all you did LL.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Sanity

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 05:21:59 AM »

lengthening done on tibias and around 10% of the length will almost result in no lifelong sideeffects given it was done with a surgeon who knew what he was doing. however there will be 1 side effect stated by ppl who did ll decades ago, ezily getting tired. The amount of work you could do with the new leg would be less than before and it will get tired more easily unless you build up alot of strength in gym for years.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up