Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL And Depression  (Read 534 times)

James444

• Visitor
LL And Depression
« on: June 17, 2019, 10:19:01 PM »

Hey guys,

I have been a lurker for a few years and suffer from depression (Mainly due to anxiety, and confidence issues stemming from my height). I've tried anti-depressants and they haven't done anything for me so I stopped them.Due to my job/social position- it's very hard to deal with social anxiety, anxiety, etc.. Hence, I'm considering getting ketamine infusions for the condition (boosters every 2 months or so). I'm not suicidal or anything close to that. I do plan on getting LL in the future and would be wondering if my application would straight out be rejected by US doctors (Paley and Mahboudian) due to my condition.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
Re: LL And Depression
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 10:25:25 PM »

Sounds like you have height neurosis simply so probably not

Ghostfish

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 12:29:55 AM »

Hi James444
I think most of doctors will not reject you in most of cases.  You may be a little depressed or unhappy about height that is a common reason for CLL.  In fact, Dr. P and M do not assess your mental status anymore.  Just be better for you to be more optimistic and positive which will help you during CLL. 
So if you are really not happy about your height, make a good and solid plan that will allow you to do cll as well as to keep/maintain/transfer your job.
Good luck!

cena

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »

At the very least don't do LL alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up