Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportions:Femur or Tibia  (Read 1917 times)

tom paul 24

Proportions:Femur or Tibia
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:58:04 PM »

Hi.I'm planning to do the surgery with Dr Guichet.My biggest concern is proportions.I'm only 5'4 so i'm aiming for 7.5 cm.I'm thinking to do 7.5cm femur but i feel like I need to do combined tibia and femur.However I know that combined tibia and femur even performed not at the same time is still risky.So what do you guys suggest me to do according to the pictures?Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!

https://imgur.com/ifO4oz7
https://imgur.com/Xi2hkDU
https://imgur.com/jwSb9f2

Activatedx

Re: Proportions:Femur or Tibia
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 08:28:31 PM »

Femurs would be good because compared to your tibia they are short, after 7-8 it would look fine

Ghostfish

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 01:15:16 AM »

Hi tom

I don't really think it is a good idea to go to Dr. Guichet, since some of his patients had severe complications although many came out with great results.  In the past, Dr. Guichet was not a bad choice because G nails are full weight bearing as compared to other no weight bearing nails such as Precice and Fitbone.  Weight bearing is a huge advantage so many people chose Dr. Guichet instead of Dr. Paley although his price is comparable to Dr. Paley's price. I also was thinking about him for a while in the past.

Now there is the another full weight bearing nail, Stryde, which is way more advanced and safer than G-nail.  Of course, Stryde is expensive and Dr. Paley is also expensive.  If you care about the price, I think you can also find some other doctors who offer Stryde at the cheaper price than Dr. Guichet.  Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas (Greece), Dr. Kevin Debiparshd (USA), and Dr. Shahab Mahboubian (USA) are currently providing Stryde at relatively cheap prices which may be cheaper than the price of Dr. Guichet. There may be more doctors soon or already who provide Stryde at the low price.

In addition, Dr. Guichet also requires some sort of preexercise before the surgery which I think is completely not necessary although it may be partially helpful. This preexercise costs money and time which killed my motivation to go to Dr. Guichet back then.

The proportion is important but the safety is the most important.  Look for more choices!

Good luck!

tom paul 24

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 04:57:46 AM »

Thanks for your reply.I just looked for some reviews about dr guichet and it's true many of his patients had complications.The thing is I already have a consultation with dr guichet next month.I already paid my flight ticket and booked a hotel in london.I dont know what to do now:(

Activatedx

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 05:34:46 AM »

Thanks for your reply.I just looked for some reviews about dr guichet and it's true many of his patients had complications.The thing is I already have a consultation with dr guichet next month.I already paid my flight ticket and booked a hotel in london.I dont know what to do now:(

I’m sure hotel would refund but not sure about plane ticket

tom paul 24

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 06:35:07 AM »

I dont know what to do anymore.I'm supposed to be revising instead i've spent like 3 hours looking for a surgeon.It looks like no surgeon is good at that point.If Dr Guichet wasn't safe I dont think UK would have allowed him to do the surgery at the Princess Grace Hospital.I know that UK is very strict about such procedures and would not allow someone incompetent to work.

Activatedx

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 08:52:21 AM »

I dont know what to do anymore.I'm supposed to be revising instead i've spent like 3 hours looking for a surgeon.It looks like no surgeon is good at that point.If Dr Guichet wasn't safe I dont think UK would have allowed him to do the surgery at the Princess Grace Hospital.I know that UK is very strict about such procedures and would not allow someone incompetent to work.

How much is he charging you? My go to would be Paley->Rozbruch->Donghoon Lee->mahboubian->giotikas

Ignore first two if 100k is out of your budget, rest are 50-70k

tom paul 24

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »

He is charging 56000 pounds for the surgery.I emailed and told him that I want to meet with his patients currently performing the surgery during the consultation and he agreed.I think the internet is full of liars and it's difficult to trust someone online.I will see for myself whether or not he is as bad as people say he is.If he seems not trustworthy then I will do the surgery in the United States with paley or rozbruch.

Ghostfish

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 01:09:23 AM »

It seems that he has reduced the price over the years.  I remember his price was 65k Euro in the past.  I think the reduced price is likely due to the advance of Stryde.  It is really no comparison between G nail and Stryde in terms of reliability, comfort, and safety perhaps more.  Mechanical clicking mechanism for G nail is also annoying and somewhat painful as compared to magnetic ERC machine for Stryde/Precice.  I did CLL with Paley with Stryde. 

Right now I think the only factor that makes G nail stay in the CLL would be the price since G nail is more likely outdated.  However, 56k pounds, I think, isn't still cheap enough to offer an attractive factor.  As I said above, you can find some doctors who offer Stryde at the similar or even cheaper price than 56k pounds.  Apparently, most of doctors who offer Strdye seem to be trustworthy.   

Yes, it is true that the internet is full of liars in general and some posts/comments are wrong or inappropriate. But I found this forum very helpful and resourceful as long as you read, analyse, and think enough.  Many of them here try to help and to provide valuable information.  I am also trying to the same at the moment, although I may be leaving here someday.  CLL is a very serious thing.  Prepare enough (study, think, plan) before doing it.

Good luck!

tom paul 24

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 07:13:47 AM »

Thanks a lot for the reply Ghostfish.
Yea I think I need to do the stryde.Have you done the surgery with Dr Paley?
Cuz i did go to the Paley Institute in December and the atmosphere seemed quite dead.It actually scared me too.I mean the place was not at all what I expected.Please tell me if you did the surgery with Dr paley and if you did how was it briefly?I now strongly feel i have to go for the stryde method.

Ghostfish

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 07:34:56 AM »

Hi tom
I did the surgery with Stryde in Paley institute.  I don't understand why you felt the atmosphere seemed quite dead.  I was there last summer and didn't really feel like that.  In fact, many current or perspective patients were there and I was somewhat surprised by the number of people for either cll or other treatments.  I also was amazed that Dr. Paley or his team has been doing a wonderful job to treat many children who suffer from all kind of bone growth/alignment problems.

Anyway I am not particularly recommending Dr. Paley.  I am just trying to say that G nail/Dr. Guichet is not a good choice since there is Stryde. 

Good luck!

tom paul 24

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 09:53:47 AM »

Dude you actually made me do an important decision.You are completely right.I have to do the lengthening with the stryde method.I am now trying to cancel my flight,my eurostar ticket and my hotel bookings.I have no idea why I was thinking of doing the surgery with Dr Guichet and his prehistoric method.I do hope everything you said was genuine and I thank you for advising me!

Ghostfish

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 11:03:09 AM »

Hi tom
I am glad that I helped you made a decision.
When it comes to CLL, choices/decisions are to be made as follows.

Femurs vs Tibia

If femurs, only consider the internal nails and DO NOT consider the external for femurs. This means pretty much Stryde nails these days. Do not consider fitbone, G-nail, or Betz's nail, since you can find doctors for Stryde at the similar prices as others nails.

If tibias, decide between internal and external.  This is somewhat hard to decide since there are many factors to consider.  If money is a big factor, it is external.  There are many doctors for external methods.  If time, pain, or scar is more important factor than money, internal is the choice. Again if it comes to the internal, consider only Stryde.  In terms of the safety, it is hard to say which is better between external and internal.  I think it is more depending on who is your doctor.

Those money loss from cancellation is not that much.  Just move on.

Good luck!

Activatedx

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 02:57:49 PM »

Dude you actually made me do an important decision.You are completely right.I have to do the lengthening with the stryde method.I am now trying to cancel my flight,my eurostar ticket and my hotel bookings.I have no idea why I was thinking of doing the surgery with Dr Guichet and his prehistoric method.I do hope everything you said was genuine and I thank you for advising me!

Yeah as ghostfish said the money loss sucks but at least you didn’t lose more valuable things like your recovery etc.

tom paul 24

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 03:25:54 PM »

yea it's true.Recovery and safety is way more important.I have a question though.I want to do the surgery in january or february next year.Considering that I live extremely far from Florida will I be able to do the consultation with Dr Paley and then the surgery after a couple of days?Cuz I cant go for just a consultation since the flight tickets will be extremely expensive.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 03:33:19 PM »

Yeah you should only ever do internals with STRYDE nails, they've completely changed the game. I honestly don't know how things can be improved beyond this apart from increasing the speed of consolidation.

From what I've seen all the doctors that offer STRYDE seem to be highly competent and professional.Besides, Guichet's nail is apparently extremely painful during the lengthening procedure.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 03:48:36 PM »

Hi ... Tom, Paley is definitely a great choice ...

Activatedx

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 05:50:50 PM »

yea it's true.Recovery and safety is way more important.I have a question though.I want to do the surgery in january or february next year.Considering that I live extremely far from Florida will I be able to do the consultation with Dr Paley and then the surgery after a couple of days?Cuz I cant go for just a consultation since the flight tickets will be extremely expensive.

Paley is best doctor in world but 99k for stryde ( his consultation is 1250 which doesn’t apply towards surgery and his cost is 97,750usd)

I’ll be doing with mahboubian in 2020 stryde femurs, he is 75k for stryde and offers carecredit financing

tom paul 24

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 05:07:30 AM »

Hey guys.
I have some bad news.My father said he won't cancel the trip to london:((((
He is ignorant and doesnt know anything about this procedure and all the different types of nails.
So if I'm going to london and france in July what doctors can you suggest me to go to?
I dont know anyone who does lengthening with stryde in those 2 countries

JacPhilly

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 08:15:58 AM »

I would say keep trying to cancel but in terms of who is in London I believe Dr. Giotikas splits his time in between London and Greece. Check that out. If all else fails don’t worry too much. People will always say if something went bad but not many will say if something went good cause they don’t wanna put themselves out there and remain private or they just move on. Try to stay positive throughout! Good luck bro!

Aedi

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 09:02:29 AM »

Paley is best doctor in world but 99k for stryde ( his consultation is 1250 which doesn’t apply towards surgery and his cost is 97,750usd)

I’ll be doing with mahboubian in 2020 stryde femurs, he is 75k for stryde and offers carecredit financing
Hi Activatedx do you have idea about financing as interest rate and how many years ? Thanks

Activatedx

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 09:26:49 AM »

Hi Activatedx do you have idea about financing as interest rate and how many years ? Thanks

Depending on your credit approval I know carecredit does 2 years no interest, and up to 5 years with 17%apr I think. Depends on your credit, but don’t take interest pay it off within two years. You’ll end up paying a time and a half or double at the end with accumulated interest, waste of money

Activatedx

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 09:31:47 AM »

Also only mahboubian accepts at the moment, none of the others do which is a shame cause if they did I could’ve went to paley. Eh oh well, life
Pages: [1]   Go Up