Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone else find disparity with their countries average height?  (Read 321 times)

Activatedx

Some background info, I’m from Baghdad Iraq, five foot 5-6 inches. Grew up in the U.S, All the males in my family (mom and dads side) are 5’10+  and they grew up in overseas conditions. My father is the shortest male at 5’10 his older brothers and dad are all 6ft plus. Same with males on my moms side. My uncle is over 6ft, and true 6ft not 5’11 or 6ft with shoes lol. Females in my family are 5’2-5’5

My countries average height seems to be listed between 165-167cm depending on website, however I just recently went back for a week to visit and I don’t understand how that’s possible. There are many tall males. The average height there seems to be the same as here if not a little more.

Maybe because the area I went to wasn’t the slums or poor area it was where middle class or higher resides, but in Baghdad the average height is nowwhere 5’5 or 5’6. It wasn’t uncommon to see men my height or even shorter when I went but the majority were 5’8-6’1. There were more 6’3+ than I see in this United States.

In the Middle East if you look at online statistics we are almost all listed 165-170cm on average height. But it really doesn’t reflect except in countries like Syria. especially the Arabs over here that have proper nutrition growing up in the US the average height is like 6 foot lol. I feel more dwarfed around family and cousins than I do by American friends etc. my 12-14 year old nephews are all taller than me literally. My nephew is 13 at 5’8.  And I’m here looking at my ethnicities average height charts going this is bullcrap and way inaccurate
Pages: [1]   Go Up