Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Ian Bacarese-Hamilton - London 2019  (Read 5228 times)

information

• Visitor
Dr Ian Bacarese-Hamilton - London 2019
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:14:01 PM »

CLL Information booklet: http://www.ianbacarese-hamilton.co.uk/pdf/taller-booklet-2019.pdf

About the doctor (from website):

Ian Bacarese-Hamilton is an established Orthopaedic Surgeon in London. He trained in
Medicine at Charing Cross and Westminster Hospital Medical School and his surgical training
included spells at University College Hospital, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and the
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. He was appointed a Consultant in Trauma and
Orthopaedic Surgery at The Whittington Hospital in North London over twenty years ago and
has developed his private practice at the Princess Grace Hospital in Central London. He is also
on the Consultant Staff at King Edward VII Hospital.

Ian has extensive experience in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery and a long-standing interest
in leg lengthening. Having seen the technique and results possible at The Paley Institute in
West Palm Beach he has teamed up with Dr Dror Paley to bring this facility to Central London.

Methods:

Stryde and Precice (availability of external methods for CLL not confirmed)

Cost, insurance coverage and other details to be confirmed soon

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
Re: Dr Ian Bacarese-Hamilton - London 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:39:20 PM »

As a Brit,this would be perfect for me. It's probably going to be extortionate though and combined with the cost of living in London it will probably be unfeasable.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 12:49:32 PM »

I dont think he does surgery for private patients ... only for deformities and accident...

Also ... I think ... there will be a new insurance policy coming out for residents of United Kingdom
This will hopefully cover them for LL surgery... for complications etc

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 12:58:40 PM »

Britain and France seem to be completely against this surgery for cosmetics reasons and I don't understand why.
These two countries would attract a lot of patients if they offered it.

Edit: In his pamphlet it talks about height dysphoria so maybe he will offer the surgery for cosmetic means.
Also if there's any complications the NHS will help me,so this may be an extremely safe option for me.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »

As a Brit,this would be perfect for me. It's probably going to be extortionate though and combined with the cost of living in London it will probably be unfeasable.

Living in London is immensely expensive... just one..room in a house shared house is about £1000
A week ...

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »

Britain and France seem to be completely against this surgery for cosmetics reasons and I don't understand why.

Edit: In his pamphlet it talks about height dysphoria so maybe he will offer the surgery for cosmetic means.
Also if there's any complications the NHS will help me,so this may be an extremely safe option for me.

Thats one thing about the United Kingdom there health cares system is free and brilliant...

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 01:09:36 PM »

I advise you to go to paley... he the top Man

Yannick

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »

He seems to be encouraging. NHS backround, teaming up with Dr Paley seems to serve a strong basis. Curious about his toolbelt, which methods he uses, how many cases he did so far. I personally would trust him more than doctors from Italy, Greece, or maybe even Germany.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »

I advise you to go to paley... he the top Man
True, I doubt I'll be able to afford femural lengthening for many years yet but I should be able to afford tibial lengthening in a few years so that's my plan at the moment.
Anyway it's great to see more doctors doing this surgery especially in the most advanced of first world countries.If there's more doctors it should drive down costs in the long run.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 01:17:45 PM »

He seems to be encouraging. NHS backround, teaming up with Dr Paley seems to serve a strong basis. Curious about his toolbelt, which methods he uses, how many cases he did so far. I personally would trust him more than doctors from Italy, Greece, or maybe even Germany.

But let's be serious.... Paley has a great track record... he trained a lot of people..
He has to be the King of LL surgery...

information

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 02:46:09 PM »

I dont think he does surgery for private patients ... only for deformities and accident...

He does CLL. Read that pdf I've linked. It's all about CLL.

Curiosity

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 10:24:10 PM »

Hi everybody. It seems that there is a clinic in uk that propose this surgery.

https://www.pyrrhacosmetic.com

curlyfella

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »

What insurance policy? any info?

curlyfella

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 03:11:09 PM »

Also ... I think ... there will be a new insurance policy coming out for residents of United Kingdom
This will hopefully cover them for LL surgery... for complications etc

What insurance policy ? any more info?

kingjesse

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 10:11:28 PM »

any cases so far on Mr Bacarease, gents?

awatim

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 09:18:37 AM »

my case started to improve following his recomendation

Tengo

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 10:08:04 PM »

He only does femur because of lower complications but his prices are off the rails.

Mule

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 10:20:02 PM »

I did lengthening with Ian last March. Everything went great  :)

kingjesse

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 10:59:39 PM »

good to hear. How much did you lengthen? Back to athletics, running, football?  I’m thinking of going with him but his experience is what I’m unsure of, you’d recommend?

Mule

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 02:03:36 PM »

By the machine 6.3cm but I’m sure I started at 169 and am now 176. I wonder if the extra 0.7 came from the initial break he made as well as the straightening of the bone from rod insertion.

I can do pretty much anything now, haven’t played football but I’m sure I could. Have been running fine. Would definitely recommend Ian.

Any questions don’t hesitate to ask!  :)

ghall15

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »

By the machine 6.3cm but I’m sure I started at 169 and am now 176. I wonder if the extra 0.7 came from the initial break he made as well as the straightening of the bone from rod insertion.

I can do pretty much anything now, haven’t played football but I’m sure I could. Have been running fine. Would definitely recommend Ian.

Any questions don’t hesitate to ask!  :)

Hi, I'm hoping to do LL in the future, out of curiosity how much did it cost? Also how long was did the overall procedure last? Thanks.

fantasmas342

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2020, 05:30:39 PM »

Hi, I'm hoping to do LL in the future, out of curiosity how much did it cost? Also how long was did the overall procedure last? Thanks.

I enquired earlier this year and the below email is what I received back

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding leg lengthening.

There is a very informative brochure on Mr Bacarese-Hamilton’s website – www.IanBacarese-Hamilton.co.uk  which has a section “TaLLer”.  This explains the surgery in full with some frequently asked questions.

You would need to see Mr Bacarese-Hamilton for a consultation and the fee for that consultation is £250.  He will require you to have an EOS Scan at the European Scanning Centre in Harley Street.  The cost of this scan is in the region of £800.

Surgery takes place here at Schoen Clinic and the fee for a leg lengthening procedure up to the maximum of 8 cm is approximately £73,000.  This includes your surgery, your follow up consultations with x-rays and physiotherapy.

Please be in touch if you would like to make an appointment to see Mr Bacarese-Hamilton.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

curlyfella

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »

Prices are higher than america?
Pages: [1]   Go Up