Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibial Lengthening w/ Dr. Mahboubian  (Read 1304 times)

Resilience

Tibial Lengthening w/ Dr. Mahboubian
« on: June 28, 2019, 09:49:59 PM »

Hi all,

I'll be going in for pre-op soon and will be posting more details about my journey soon. Let me know if you folks have any questions that you'd like me to ask Dr. Mahboubian directly.

I stand at a measly 5'4" and am ready to grow. I'm hoping to push for as much gain as possible - I've read that 6.5cm is the absolute maximum for tibias, but I'll see if I could push for 7 or even 8.

Kind regards,
Resilience
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:33:56 PM by Resilience »

Activatedx

Re: Tibial Lengthening w/ Dr. Mahboubian
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 09:54:53 PM »

Hi all,

I'll be going in for pre-op soon and will be undergoing tibial lengthening. Let me know if you folks have any questions that you'd like me to ask Dr. Mahboubian directly. I'll be posting more details about my story soon.

Due to medical conditions, I am unable to pursue femoral lengthening and have to opt for tibial lengthening instead.

I stand at a measly 5'4" and am absolutely fed-up with my height. I'm also fed up with how society treats us shorter men. I'm hoping to push for as much gain as possible - I've read that 6.5cm is the absolute maximum for tibias, but I'll see if I could push for 7 or even 8.

Kind regards,
Resilience

Sorry can you clarify why people with hip problems can’t do femurs? I am curious and would like to learn why

Resilience

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 10:09:15 PM »

I have a hip implant, and while it's common for hip implant patients to receive minor treatment for LLD (typically around 1-2cm), stature lengthening is considered dangerous as it puts immense pressure on the joint. It's much more likely to cause premature hip implant failure and revision hip implant surgery. It's a risky gamble as you are jeopardizing your ability to walk. It makes much more sense to opt for tibial lengthening instead.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:32:28 PM by Resilience »

Activatedx

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 10:56:14 PM »

I have a hip implant, and while it's common for hip implant patients to receive minor treatment for LLD (typically around 1-2cm), stature lengthening is considered dangerous as it puts immense pressure on the joint. It's much more likely to cause premature hip implant failure and revision hip implant surgery. It's a risky gamble as you are jeopardizing your ability to walk. It makes much more sense to opt for tibial lengthening instead.

Really you could lengthen 4 cm. Rebreak the bone after consolidation and lengthen 4cm more. But not worth it imo. That’s the only safe way to lengthen that large in tibia. Just knock off 6.5cm and be happy with 2 1/2 inches trust me that half an inch will not be noticeable. That extra 1cm or so will make a difference on your function most likely. If it doesn’t ask the doctor after hitting 6.5 if you can lengthen a cm more

Good luck in your journey bro, does this mean people who do LL with healthy hips may need hip replacements in future?

MirinHeight

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 10:37:35 AM »

Hi all,

I'll be going in for pre-op soon and will be posting more details about my journey soon. Let me know if you folks have any questions that you'd like me to ask Dr. Mahboubian directly.

I stand at a measly 5'4" and am ready to grow. I'm hoping to push for as much gain as possible - I've read that 6.5cm is the absolute maximum for tibias, but I'll see if I could push for 7 or even 8.

Kind regards,
Resilience

Hey man thank you for this:
please ask these questions for me:

1) price for tsf frame external tibias?

2) risk of compartment syndrome when doing tibias and how this is avoided? Have you had any occurances of compartment syndrome with any pt?

3) have any of your pts had any occurrence of fat embolism/DVT

4) Have you had any occurrence of nerve damage to pt due to surgery

Thank you
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Movie

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:54:30 AM »

When are you scheduled for?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

montahn

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 08:36:36 AM »

which method  ? external or internal ? if your body permit then go 7.5cm(2.9 inch) and if you reach 7.5 then try max 8 cm(3.1 inch) not more than that.

thanks
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

amandasolomon

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »

Hello MirinHeight,
I would be more than happy to address some of these questions. The price for the external device is 10,000 less than the internal device. Here are our new discounted 2019 prices for the Height Lengthening procedure with the internal device:

Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) -----------------$65,500.00
Bilateral tibia lengthening   (Precise nail) -----------------$75,000.00   
Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart-------$139,000.00
*Upgrade to the full weight bearing STRYDE nail for $5000 more

We have seen compartment syndrome occur in the lower legs, but this is taken care of right away without any long-term problems. Some other risks include infection, blood clots, joint stiffness, hardware failure, poor bone development, and early consolidation.  Most of these risks are less than 5% combined. Thanks for your time and I hope I helped you with receive the answers to your questions. Please feel free to email us at info@heightlengthening.com if you have any further questions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up