Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If I do 10cm with a respectable doctor, what's really realistic for me to expect  (Read 1137 times)

shortasiandude

• Visitor

Guys, I'm 166-167. Damn I just wish I was 10cm taller... Only really about my self.. No problem with confidence or girls..!
I know I shouldn't really do more than 7cm on femur.. but damn. 177cm would be a great height, and around 180 with shoes..
I'm pretty athletic and I'm a good runner relatively fast. Don't care about that, but say I do 10cm with Dr betz or Guichet.
Will I be able to run good after a few years? I know most people will walk normally but running is my concern. I don't want to be crippled..!

Gosh, I know I shouldn't do 10cm, but if the odds are good if Put amount of work into I'd do 10cm.. and waiting years for two surgieries isn't an option..
if 10cm is really unsafe then I guess I'm only doing 7:(

shortasiandude

• Visitor

oh fk this is the wrong section how do i remove or move this

cheekycabs

I currently stand at about 172 and I started at 167. I had the same mindset as you, 1 year and 10 cm sounds incredible.

You're way to consumed by the numbers. I have yet to see anythin higher than 8 that has been successful. Reviewing on what my options are, everyone either had fcked up ankles, bad recovery, bad achilles, major ballerina and duckass which was un-recoverable. At 5.5cm I still have a majority of these problems, but at least my bone recovery is good, I'm working my ballerina and duckass out, and my dorsiflex as well. I can't even imagine how fcked my body would be if I almost doubled it.You'll need to cut your achilles, no doctor will do it without it. There goes your athletic ability AT LEAST for a year, and in your case longer.

NBA star Kevin durant snapped his achilles and with million dollar doctors will not touch a basketball for at least a year, and you don't have his facilities. Stop obsessing about the numbers, 172 is a fantastic height. You will easily never run anytime soon if you do 10.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Activatedx

I currently stand at about 172 and I started at 167. I had the same mindset as you, 1 year and 10 cm sounds incredible.

You're way to consumed by the numbers. I have yet to see anythin higher than 8 that has been successful. Reviewing on what my options are, everyone either had fked up ankles, bad recovery, bad achilles, major ballerina and duckass which was un-recoverable. At 5.5cm I still have a majority of these problems, but at least my bone recovery is good, I'm working my ballerina and duckass out, and my dorsiflex as well. I can't even imagine how fked my body would be if I almost doubled it.You'll need to cut your achilles, no doctor will do it without it. There goes your athletic ability AT LEAST for a year, and in your case longer.

NBA star Kevin durant snapped his achilles and with million dollar doctors will not touch a basketball for at least a year, and you don't have his facilities. Stop obsessing about the numbers, 172 is a fantastic height. You will easily never run anytime soon if you do 10.

You did tibias though, max safe limit is 6 cm more or less for tibias. For femurs 8 cm is max safe limit
But I agree with you very very very people can accomplish 10cm. Most people can’t even do the full 8. At 10cm athletic abilities will not be the same that extra 2cm will wear out your soft tissue

InFullStryde

Not to mention guys...that adding 4 inches above your knee will create some mechanical issues.... Unless of course you have some long tibias already.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Activatedx

Not to mention guys...that adding 4 inches above your knee will create some mechanical issues.... Unless of course you have some long tibias already.

Yeah as he said

Doing 4 inches in one portion is nonsense. What you don’t understand is when people say 8cm is the max limit, it means it is the MAX limit lmao. It’s not like a speed limit where you can go a little over. Soon as you hit 7cm from what I’ve read the tightness and discomfort and ballerina and anterior pelvic tilt hits it’s worst. Even if you have long tibias your soft tissue like tendons and joints will not accommodate. The only people who who can do 10cm and be okay are dwarfs because the have soft tissue that is near that of an average person or people who are already very tall who have more soft tissue and which wouldn’t have a need for LL

adidas

• Visitor

Guys, I'm 166-167. Damn I just wish I was 10cm taller... Only really about my self.. No problem with confidence or girls..!
I know I shouldn't really do more than 7cm on femur.. but damn. 177cm would be a great height, and around 180 with shoes..
I'm pretty athletic and I'm a good runner relatively fast. Don't care about that, but say I do 10cm with Dr betz or Guichet.
Will I be able to run good after a few years? I know most people will walk normally but running is my concern. I don't want to be crippled..!

Gosh, I know I shouldn't do 10cm, but if the odds are good if Put amount of work into I'd do 10cm.. and waiting years for two surgieries isn't an option..
if 10cm is really unsafe then I guess I'm only doing 7:(

167 cm is the hand you were dealt with. Our job as recipients to the cards dealt is to make the best out of it. If you would really like 10cm, you have to ask yourself what cost are you willing to pay? Everyone wants the prize but not all can pay the price when the crunch comes. (not talking just about money)

There is a probability that you may not regain your peak physical prowess or worse suffer undesirable consequences. This might be due to the op or simply just general natural ageing process. Circle of life. Everyone's body is similar yet different. It might not just be about hard work.  You mentioned that waiting years for 2 surgeries isnt an option. With that, it kinda reveals that there are initial limiting beliefs already in place by you and perhaps, you might not be able to afford the "price", not just monetary. LL is a intricate, demanding and somewhat profound process to the wallet, mind and body. You do have to cater some cushion for unexpected events like complications etc. If that doesnt happen, count your blessing of course. 10cm, 9cm, 8cm, 7cm.. ? any number achieved safely be it 3, 4, 5 ,6 cm is a good number and worth a celebration. Listen to your body and doctor. There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. Ultimately, there are no absolute right or wrong, just hard decisions to make and consequential outcome that follows be it good or bad. Do think through. It is your choice as it is your life. YOLO. but do remember. YODO too.

korok123

• Visitor

You can do femurs and tibias a few weeks apart with Paley for a possible 10cm gain. Not sure if other doctors offer something similar to this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up