Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I feel like this forum is run by Mangal Parihar? or am i being paranoid?  (Read 6521 times)

Johnson1111

If this forum was really promoting Dr. Parihar, don't you think that they'd use better (or even fake) photos to avoid this kind of negative reaction?

I personally care less about the quality of a room that I'm only going to spend a week in. You have the freedom of choice, pick a clinic that checks all the right boxes for you.

I can attest to KiloKAHN's recovery, he looked great and I didn't spot any problems with his gait.
I second this. Who cares about the looks of the hospital as long as the surgeon is competent? Otherwise if you want a US hospital you end up spending 70k for less than a weeks stay just so you can look at a nice view outside. fk that. Those people are the real suckers.

fokid

the only thing i might find difficult in that room is the mattress. it doesn't seem very soft. otherwise the hospital just looks old, not dirty.

but if the hospital is below your acceptable standards, pick another doctor, duh.

mistakes in his surgical technique were not substantiated because you couldn't find a LON video from another doctor to compare. remember, this is an orthopaedic surgery, not a nose-job.

the mods have painted a very neutral experience. they have listed all the complications they faced, their true recovery times, actual photos. they are not shills.

Parihar is not a business tycoon surgeon who can open billion dollar hospital - and on top of that Mumbai real estate cost is higher than NYC's - so all he could manage to open on his own is this  ty looking clinic - and american patients are not his cash cow - he makes money from local patients - so obviously the standard will not be like fortis or apollo which are billion dollar hospital chains (though they do not have LL) - this is the point people need to undrstand. But yes - Parihar should put some money of outside renovation and maybe inside renovation as well.

Penguinn

Parihar rarely does cosmetic LL (well until now, I think his cosmetic patient count has increased as of late) and does limb reconstruction for a lot of poor people. That probably reflects in the hospital. Anyway, I've posted x-rays, that pic of my sutures that you used on this thread and my entire experience(including the negatives). If that screams "shill" then may I be a shill to you. lol. I get tons of questions especially in Pms about Parihar. He was a relatively undiscovered doctor and a great surgeon. If I talked a lot about Parihar, that's probably because one of the main reasons people were interested in my diary was the surgeon and needed information/my opinion on him as a patient.

If you do ever meet him, and I doubt you will because the hospital seems to have scared you off, you'd know what I mean by him being a truly genuine person. He doesn't give a f#ck, he'll tell you the truth.

Penguinn

As for asking Paley about the weight bearing of Precice, Penguinn was told that there would be a bit of a learning curve being his first internal patient since it is new hardware. Nobody is walking immediately after surgery, so what's the huge issue asking Paley about his experience with weight bearing on the Precice while Penguinn is still not given permission to walk? The Precice manufacturer could tell Parihar one thing but perhaps he found it better to get the opinion of someone who has had multiple Precice patients already? If Penguinn had issues with Parihar, I don't see a reason why he wouldn't say so now that he's no longer in the hospital with him.

The rooms are out of date, not dirty, I think there's a difference there. Dressings are changed twice daily with sterile gauze and cleaned and antibiotics are also given. I didn't get superficial infections any more often than those who went to Russia or facilities with marble interiors.  What I know for sure is that I recovered well and so have others who did their surgery with him. It's one thing to report when a doctor is crippling people, it's another to try and create controversy where there's none.
Yup. I'll list some points
-Parihar had straight up told me I was his first Precice patient and it was a learning curve. That's why he asked Paley about the weight bearing rules. It's not that he didn't know, Precice had already told him, but he wanted to be cautious.
-And as his first patient I faced a complication during surgery at the hands of Precice, aka a faulty nail. The double surgery done on my left leg did set it back in recovery time in the long run, but considering no actual damage was done, I'll say it was handled well.
-I was kept in the hospital for a week+ after surgery instead of being made to f*ck off right after because he felt it was necessary. As far as I recall, no extra money was charged. Think I started lengthening 7 or 9 days post-op, can't recall.
-Room was clean and I was given sponge baths by the nurse. Maid came with the urinal at the press of a button. I never felt like I was neglected or at risk... the room was just not comparable to the ones you'd get in US. It was just a week though so who tf cares. LL was a huge deal for me, a week at a substandard motel-like room didn't mean sh*t.

totallyred

Well me and Kilo had a good result at his hands, so why not say good things about him? Any other Indian doctor would've crippled me.

I've been honest about the long time it took me to recover and everything. Also posted my x-rays and people have criticised him for his osteotomies. He's not a quack and is upfront and honest unlike a lot of posts I've read about other doctors. Edit: oh and I agree about his hospital not being like ones you'd find in US. I wrote in my diary too that it looks like it could be a set for the next Grave Encounters. The operation theatre is state of the art though.

As for your PM asking how I became a mod, the forum voted and made me one. Are mods not allowed to favour doctors? Am I expected to say Sringari and Parihar are equal?

I have seen your diary, it's totally fake. Don't say no if you fear God.

Further, this post itself shows you and kilo both are trained advertisers of Parihar. There is literal admission of it in the post. Think what mistake did you do in writing this post. I am not telling it exactly so that other innocent LLers could easily find it to stop getting exploited by Parihar. You idiots you are playing with lives of other human being for paltry amounts, how could you just do it?
If you still have some conscience left, accept the mistake and remove the paid post to stop harming others and avoid wrath of God.

This forum is a maze. It is full of lies and deception. Do not know what is true and what is false. But I suggest not to go to India. I know several patients who have been flung to surgery in India.

Penguinn

Further, this post itself shows you and kilo both are trained advertisers of Parihar. There is literal admission of it in the post. Think what mistake did you do in writing this post. I am not telling it exactly so that other innocent LLers could easily find it to stop getting exploited by Parihar. You idiots you are playing with lives of other human being for paltry amounts, how could you just do it?
If you still have some conscience left, accept the mistake and remove the paid post to stop harming others and avoid wrath of God.

You don't believe in the x-rays and sutures I posted, along with every detailed admission in the diary, but you fear the Wrath of God. I highly recommend praying then, instead of doing LL.

Anyway, any reader can form their own opinion. My journey is over, I only come by to answer any questions I can.

And also, learn to be respectful and objective in your skepticism.

dan56

• Visitor

just from curiosity.. are u muslim?
English isn't my native language. Please feel free when you quote me to add a footnote with correction. Tnx

totallyred

just from curiosity.. are u muslim?
It's a funny question, and I get it why you asked but no I am not, seriously not. :)

@Penguin ,  If you write anything which is contrary to popular believes then either you should give solid undeniable proof or be ready for such comments. I again specifically ask
- You have stated whole of journey as a propoganda to showcase how good/caring/intelligent a certain doctor and his team and how smooth your experience went and no-trouble-no-pain kind of journey. How could this be true when everywhere people are facing pains and agonies?
-Despiye people asking for videos of your PT videos you have not provided.
-as far as x-rays are concerned I can give you as many x rays as you want from everywhere on the net.
-How could posting any pic of your leg or your lower body etc would be violating your privacy. Kilo has already proven the same.
-You have not defended any allegation of being fake other than some x-ray photos. Why can't you give some other solid proof like images/videos etc or even copy of your bill or certificate of operation.
- why are you so much defending a certain dr when people allege anything bagainst him, just shows that you are working on behalf of that dr. Like saying hospitals itoo good too clean too caring staff etc. This Stuff does not go down the throat.
-Neither anything new you have reported neither have anything negative...seems hard to believe.

So if you know I am wrong, prove it by some proof or else   it seems just like a paid ad/story.

Penguinn

It's a funny question, and I get it why you asked but no I am not, seriously not. :)

@Penguin ,  If you write anything which is contrary to popular believes then either you should give solid undeniable proof or be ready for such comments. I again specifically ask
- You have stated whole of journey as a propoganda to showcase how good/caring/intelligent a certain doctor and his team and how smooth your experience went and no-trouble-no-pain kind of journey. How could this be true when everywhere people are facing pains and agonies?
-Despiye people asking for videos of your PT videos you have not provided.
-as far as x-rays are concerned I can give you as many x rays as you want from everywhere on the net.
-How could posting any pic of your leg or your lower body etc would be violating your privacy. Kilo has already proven the same.
-You have not defended any allegation of being fake other than some x-ray photos. Why can't you give some other solid proof like images/videos etc or even copy of your bill or certificate of operation.
- why are you so much defending a certain dr when people allege anything bagainst him, just shows that you are working on behalf of that dr. Like saying hospitals itoo good too clean too caring staff etc. This Stuff does not go down the throat.
-Neither anything new you have reported neither have anything negative...seems hard to believe.

So if you know I am wrong, prove it by some proof or else   it seems just like a paid ad/story.

Alright, show me fake x-rays then. But they should be of the same legs, with a Precice 2 nail inside, there should be steady callus growth too. I want 10 x-rays of each leg with callus growth increasing in each, and 2 perspective views of every single one.

I'll look for the certificate if you want, but I'm not posting my pictures to justify anything to anyone. Ironically, LL pictures would be the easiest to fake if one wanted to fake something. Increasing your femur in photoshop would take 5 minutes at max. If not posting my pictures makes me a fake, so be it lol. I don't see why one would take the trouble to "fake x-rays" instead of a picture of legs....

I know you've called Kilo fake too, but forum members have met him and he's posted videos confirming his legitimacy. And he's seen my pictures and knows more of my experience and could verify I was legit. A legitimate person with videos confirming I'm legitimate counts, no? But he's a Parihar patient so you're going not going to like that.

How does "the staff is good and the hospital is clean" not go down the throat? Neither of these are extravagant statements.... I never said the hospital was awesome. It's just not unsanitary or harmful from a practical perspective.

I've reported several negative things....
-My left leg needing to be operated twice
-Not having callus after I stopped lengthening/having really slow callus
-Walking unaided 9(!!) months post-op if I recall correctly
-Still not sprinting, although I can
-Unicorn and others have also said they had no pain sometimes. I think the low pain relates to slow callus growth, but that's just a theory. I honestly had a relatively painless experience but I've said that it didn't have much to do with Parihar. A surgeon obviously cannot control anything after the surgery. The painless-ness had more to do with my body and Precice.

Are you sure you're not looking at everything through a tainted lens? I've been pretty neutral and objective throughout.

Penguinn

Also seriously I don't give a rat's ass if anyone goes to Parihar or not. Neither does Kilo and I'm pretty sure Parihar doesn't either. If you think I'm a fake advertiser, by all means don't go to Parihar

totallyred

Also seriously I don't give a rat's ass if anyone goes to Parihar or not. Neither does Kilo and I'm pretty sure Parihar doesn't either. If you think I'm a fake advertiser, by all means don't go to Parihar

Okay seems legit.Anyways best wishes for the recovery. Not tainted view about anybody but was feeling a bit of salt in the stories and such a thread and posts even strengthened my views . Now, actually have looked at the Mangal Anand hospital in photos that kind of gave me some trust... although people may feel the exact opposite after looking at it. Thanks for the concern and reply. :)

Still would be grateful if you could post your photos with previous and current height at same exact location to view the difference.

Penguinn

What? You just changed your opinion like that... straight 180? Okay...

Anyway, on this note, I'll try and take the Verified tag idea of diaries to the admin but the question remains of what makes a diary verified. People have said you can fake x-rays, but I've never seen someone make consistently fake x-rays. It'd be 10x easier to fake pictures of legs, they'd just be really well done mock-ups. Anyone that would like to opine?

totallyred

Anyway, on this note, I'll try and take the Verified tag idea of diaries to the admin but the question remains of what makes a diary verified. People have said you can fake x-rays, but I've never seen someone make consistently fake x-rays. It'd be 10x easier to fake pictures of legs, they'd just be really well done mock-ups. Anyone that would like to opine?

Just FYI, x-rays need not be fake but they could belong to someone else who has done it for another purpose and yes they can well be photo shopped as well, requires expertise though.

Considering my.opinion, it did not change "like that" , rather coherencies in multiple facts did it which I was not able to find before igging it through you, kilo and other srcs.

To be honest your story, on cursory reading seemed like TV commercials for reducing fat, growing hair, abs etc where only positivs are shown without any discussion of the negatives.

I had not doubted kilo even once, but him supporting you and both supporting same dr., made me doubt him as well, sort of chain rxn with end of chain being the dr who is unaware of all these :).

There can not be foolproof method to prove veracity of diary, I guess as anything including photos, videos, storyline can be faked/duplicated. Only members can do it by reading it and asking pertinent questions and if he fails to defend, story is likely to be false.
In general videos would be more reliable than photos, at least 2-3 videos with some relation to surgery process/Rehab/post recover would increase the chances of diary being genuine.

myloginacc

Pics of legs in huge bulky frames are pretty hard to decently falsify on photoshop.

Although most people undergo external fixation due to reasons other than CLL, so pics of legs in external fixators wouldn't be hard to find.

X-ray pics are probably good if anyone is willing to do reverse image searches (use google's) and check whether they were not posted somewhere else before.

Anyway, posts like this would be as verified as they get - considering the added evidence on the previous pages.

I would like to know Android's opinion on the whole matter if/when he reads this.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Penguinn

To be honest your story, on cursory reading seemed like TV commercials for reducing fat, growing hair, abs etc where only positivs are shown without any discussion of the negatives.

Damn. Sucks if true. Maybe I expected much worse during LL, got over enthused about the lack of pain and sounded like a promoter. The 8 hours sleep and painlessness isn't exaggerated one bit, although it has nothing to do with the doctor, imo. I'm interested to see if anyone else had a relatively painless experience and then see if they had delayed callus too. I got a hunch they're connected.

My main negative was the late walking/slow callus. People like programdude walked 5-6 months post op and I took 1.5 times that amount.

Penguinn

Just FYI, x-rays need not be fake but they could belong to someone else who has done it for another purpose

I know you agreed to my legitimacy so this is not an argument, I'm just curious.

Let's say I had a series of fake x-rays.. multiple angles for each leg, both legs with a P2 nail put in, 3" lengthened, and new ones every few weeks of the same variety with increased callus... they'd have to be of another CLL patient who'd posted his or her own diary, and then someone would recognize it and call the fake poster out. How would one randomly find so many fake x-rays of the same person, with that person not having posted their own experience? I get if it was 1 x ray but I posted 4 every time, and did that every 3-4 weeks.

Penguinn

X-ray pics are probably good if anyone is willing to do reverse image searches (use google's) and check whether they were not posted somewhere else before.

Should've thought of this before ;D Reverse search should do the trick.

Android

Anyway, posts like this would be as verified as they get - considering the added evidence on the previous pages.

I would like to know Android's opinion on the whole matter if/when he reads this.

It's funny since that image by LAGrowin was still doubted by a member, saying it could be Dr. Mahboubian himself. Had a good laugh about that when we met up!

I'll probably end up using a combination of Reddit's suggestions for providing proof: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/wiki/proof
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Unicorn888

• Visitor

-Unicorn and others have also said they had no pain sometimes. I think the low pain relates to slow callus growth, but that's just a theory. I honestly had a relatively painless experience but I've said that it didn't have much to do with Parihar. A surgeon obviously cannot control anything after the surgery. The painless-ness had more to do with my body and Precice.

What we have collectively noticed from our group of non-union LLers, our lengthening/distracting process was pretty painless (after the first 2 weeks of surgery/osteotomy pain). This includes the guys as well who ended up with non-union.

So there could be a correlation that when there's no bone/callus bridging, one can click away with zero pain whereas our classmates who had fast consolidation were all crying everyday at physio because their clicking were excruciating.  It's probably because they had to 'rebreak' their fusion everyday.

And for those of us who suffered from non-union over years and had those unstoppable/irreversible ISKD nails, the clicking can runaway even if we're not deliberately sitting in an ackward position.  One of us had to get a leg shortening because one leg ran away faster than the other leg.  That's how bad it is and no, these people do not ever want to contribute or read this forum because it's traumatic enough having to live with this regretful decision.
🌈 YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING UNICORN 🦄 ~ ❤️ Every cent goes a long way ❤️
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-unicorn?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Penguinn

So there could be a correlation that when there's no bone/callus bridging, one can click away with zero pain whereas our classmates who had fast consolidation were all crying everyday at physio because their clicking were excruciating.  It's probably because they had to 'rebreak' their fusion everyday.

That's exactly what I thought, but neither you nor I are doctors, so we can't cement this. But if I see a diary talking about a really painless experience, I'll be sure to warn them of possible non-unions and slow callus. I was lucky to have fusion in both legs but it was really late. In hindsight, I would take a painful experience over months of late callus, if I could.

Heightseeker1998

Ok! I know I am being paranoid 🙄 but this topic made me super curious.

Heightseeker1998

India as a whole looks like dangerous!
Most conspiracy theories belong from India!

What are the chances that this topic was correct???

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

India as a whole looks like dangerous!
Most conspiracy theories belong from India!

What are the chances that this topic was correct???
Zero point zero.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Heightseeker1998

What happened to the user who created this topic & others who were agreed?

Kilokahn ! I am thankful for your attention but honestly I was expecting other users to react and speak. Your comments won't make this topic unbiased or democratic. I believe this forum was started on the basis of free speech & democracy. Not that I am questioning your authority. Once again thank you for replying after a month. I am so happy to hear from one of the authority here.

I still appeal other users to comment on this post to get unbiased opinion. Hope I won't be kicked out. 🙄
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up