Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surgery in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam  (Read 1940 times)

james2334

Surgery in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
« on: July 11, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »

I am currently thinking about surgery in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.  I fully understand that Vietnam is a third world country.  At the same time, I also know that this forum has a bad reputation. 

However, since I am Japanese, surgery can only be performed in countries that have Japanese translations.  The only countries that have Japanese interpreters are Vietnam, Armenia and Dr. Donghoon Lee.

My first candidate was Dr. Parihar, Dr. Giotikas.  Greece was removed as a candidate because she saw information that the quality of physical therapy was not good.  As for Dr. Parihar, surgery is probably difficult because I can not speak English well.  I want to do surgery with Dr. Donghooo but he is too expensive to do surgery on my budget.

So I decided to do surgery in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.  It seems that there are two hospitals performing CLL in Vietnam.  It is Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh.  I saw an article that said that the bad reputation was the hospital in Hanoi.  Is the hospital in Ho Chi Minh City also dangerous?  I want to hear your thoughts.

dunghuynh2227

Re: Surgery in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:14:40 AM »

I vietnamese and im live in HCM now. Im plan to do in HN ( Dr Luong) because he is the best in Việt Nam! now. i tried to find hospital in HCM but not satisfy with facitilies in there ( Gia Dinh hospital )

james2334

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:09:01 AM »

I vietnamese and im live in HCM now. Im plan to do in HN ( Dr Luong) because he is the best in Việt Nam! now. i tried to find hospital in HCM but not satisfy with facitilies in there ( Gia Dinh hospital )

Thank you for your opinion.  Are you not satisfied with Dr Quynh's hospital?

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:17:59 AM »

Yes , it quite old , the 108 hospital ( Hanoi is re build ) has better facitilies . Moreover , Dr Quynh has retire

Alexyao

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 07:58:50 AM »

hi i am chinese,we asian  ,i am consider about have this surgey in vietnam too, i have seen several japanese and so many chineses had done this  surgey by the wechat of the assistance , i think it may be a good choice.

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 03:33:46 AM »

Hi guys!

Has anyone of you guys done the surgery or still planning to do it. I have been depressed with my current height :( and obssessed with the idea of having the surgery 24/7 and for months.

I'm a Vietnamese living in HCMC but intend to go to HN to have the surgery too (I have done research about both areas and myself have flown to HN, had a consultation with the surgeon, and met some patients in person)

Since there are very few members having their surgeries in Vietnam in this forum(I know many Vietnamese people do it, but they do not share their diaries here) I feel like a lone wolf in my upcoming journey. IF YOU GUYS HAVE HAD OR ARE PLANNING TO HAVE THE SURGERY IN VIETNAM, MAYBE WE CAN CREATE A GROUP AND KEEP IN TOUCH. IF SO, THERE MAY BE MUCH I CAN DO AS I'M A LOCAL.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 06:28:45 AM »

I heard a patient went to ICU due to severe infection and they don't have good pain management.
Go for it

Tomhard

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 08:11:03 AM »

Hi guys!

Has anyone of you guys done the surgery or still planning to do it. I have been depressed with my current height :( and obssessed with the idea of having the surgery 24/7 and for months.

I'm a Vietnamese living in HCMC but intend to go to HN to have the surgery too (I have done research about both areas and myself have flown to HN, had a consultation with the surgeon, and met some patients in person)

Since there are very few members having their surgeries in Vietnam in this forum(I know many Vietnamese people do it, but they do not share their diaries here) I feel like a lone wolf in my upcoming journey. IF YOU GUYS HAVE HAD OR ARE PLANNING TO HAVE THE SURGERY IN VIETNAM, MAYBE WE CAN CREATE A GROUP AND KEEP IN TOUCH. IF SO, THERE MAY BE MUCH I CAN DO AS I'M A LOCAL.

Hey, I sent u a private message

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »

I heard a patient went to ICU due to severe infection and they don't have good pain management.
Hi,
Thank you for the info. Would you please let me know where you found these 2 pieces of information (severe infection + bad pain management)?

From the patients I've spoken to, including males and females:
* Some said they were in extreme pain at first then the pain was little or inexistent. Others said they felt pain throughout the entire process, however it was generally bearable. There were some nights they couldn't sleep though.
* The same problems for all of them was the inconvenience of wearing the devices and depression/ boredom of prolonged inactivity.

Regarding infections, there were two people I know having infections at the pin sites (I don't know about the others). How would you rate the severity of pin site infections? (I mean is it very dangerous?)

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »

Hey, I sent u a private message
Got you bro

james2334

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »

Hi guys!

I also sent you a private message

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 04:33:32 PM »

Hi,
Thank you for the info. Would you please let me know where you found these 2 pieces of information (severe infection + bad pain management)?

From the patients I've spoken to, including males and females:
* Some said they were in extreme pain at first then the pain was little or inexistent. Others said they felt pain throughout the entire process, however it was generally bearable. There were some nights they couldn't sleep though.
* The same problems for all of them was the inconvenience of wearing the devices and depression/ boredom of prolonged inactivity.

Regarding infections, there were two people I know having infections at the pin sites (I don't know about the others). How would you rate the severity of pin site infections? (I mean is it very dangerous?)
Pin site infections happen everywhere with every doctor and if treated properly, they are not big problem. I heard there was a deep infection with insertion of the nail, which is much more dangerous and limb threatening, it was a japanese patient. I don't read any eastern language and I can't read your forums, but I trust in my source.

About pain managements I heard this guy with infection had a procedure without anesthesia and they don't prescribe oxicodone or lyrica.
Go for it

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 03:06:51 AM »

I also sent you a private message
Sorry, the system only allowed me to send 2 messages at a time so I couldn't reply to you immediately. I've just sent you a private message. Please check it.

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 03:37:39 AM »

Pin site infections happen everywhere with every doctor and if treated properly, they are not big problem. I heard there was a deep infection with insertion of the nail, which is much more dangerous and limb threatening, it was a japanese patient. I don't read any eastern language and I can't read your forums, but I trust in my source.

About pain managements I heard this guy with infection had a procedure without anesthesia and they don't prescribe oxicodone or lyrica.
Hi, thank you for the info about the pin site problems. But, dang it, having the procedure without anesthesia is definitely impossible mate, I gotta say I don't buy it at all. And through the patients I know, the doctor did prescribe pain medicines.

However, I really take the case regarding that Japanese patient into consideration. Was that what you HEARD from somebody you know? May I get in contact with them (just to only ask about this without much disturbing)? and do you know whether that was a case in Hochiminh or in Hanoi (as from what I heard, some patients having the surgery in HCMC had complications, while in HN there wasn't any case (weren't many cases) of severe complications.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 04:22:12 AM »

The procedure he had without anesthesia was not the main surgery, but another one (I don't remember now) . It was in Hochiminh. Sorry, but I can't give you contact of the person who told me. If you don't want to believe in me, that's ok.
Go for it

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »

The procedure he had without anesthesia was not the main surgery, but another one (I don't remember now) . It was in Hochiminh. Sorry, but I can't give you contact of the person who told me. If you don't want to believe in me, that's ok.
Relax mate, there's no believe or not believe here. I think we're here to help each other out so I really appreciate that you gave the info and see every bit of it constructive. If there's something else you know, please tell us.
Now that you say it's another surgery, it makes more sense for me. No offense but, I wouldn't mind going to HN and staying there away from my family for months for the surgery although I live in HCMC. And personally I would suggest others planning to have it done in Vietnam do the same thing too.

Anthony160795

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 12:23:28 PM »

Hey TPI and James,

Me and another member of this forum are planning to get the surgery done mid october in Hanoi, would you be interested in joining us ?

Kind Regards,

Anthony

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 04:09:45 PM »

Hey TPI and James,

Me and another member of this forum are planning to get the surgery done mid october in Hanoi, would you be interested in joining us ?

Kind Regards,

Anthony
Hi Anthony,
We are in contact, forming a small group, sharing experience and information here. Maybe we should join each other. I will send you a message tomorrow as I can't send more than 2 messages now.

lucindaris

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 10:47:37 PM »

I would like to get invite too. I am interested about this surger in Vietnam and want to know more details from patients perspective.

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 04:28:31 AM »

Hey TPI and James,

Kind Regards,

Anthony
Hi Anthony, I contacted you already. Please check it!

TPI

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 04:30:53 AM »

I would like to get invite too. I am interested about this surger in Vietnam and want to know more details from patients perspective.
Hi, I sent you a message.

Steffan

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 01:59:24 AM »

Hey Can I get and Invite to if its not too much to ask. I'm planning mine with Dr Duong as well in Vietnam.

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 02:35:43 AM »

We have a group chat for people who want LL in Việt Nam! , do u wanna joint ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up