Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rozbruch or Mahboubian  (Read 1289 times)

pickingasurgeon

• Visitor
Rozbruch or Mahboubian
« on: July 11, 2019, 07:48:19 PM »

I am considering Rozbruch, but am thinking about Dr. Mahboubian because he's more affordable.

I've read a lot of negative things about Dr. Mahboubian on this forum like how he changes his prices often, has people on this forum market/promote him, and the techniques that he uses to advertise leg lengthening. It seems like he's more of a business man than a doctor. I have read a couple of good diaries about Mahboubian too though so I'm a tad-bit confused about him overall. How does everyone else feel about Mahboubian?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:24:42 PM by pickingasurgeon »

Heightseeker1998

Re: Rozbruch or Mahboubian
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 09:08:36 PM »

Rozbruch

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 09:30:28 PM »

I am considering Rozbruch, but am thinking about Dr. Mahboubian because he's more affordable.

I've read a lot of negative things about Dr. Mahboubian on this forum like how he changes his prices often, has people on this forum market/promote him, and the techniques that he uses to advertise leg lengthening. It seems like he's more of a business man than a doctor. I have read a couple of good diaries about Mahboubian too though so I'm a tad-bit confused about him overall. How does everyone else feel about Mahboubian?

Hi Pickingasurgeon,

What is your criteria  of selection look like?  When you can, provide a weight ranking from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest) as far as importance goes for the following criteria, below.  Then go through and grade each doctor on the same criteria.  Muliply the weight x the grade and add them up and you will at least have a basic scoring system. This score would not serve as the decision making factor; but could provide some further basis for your decision making process.

Proximity to home:

Cost:

Experience: 

Successful Diaries on LL Forum.Com:

Successful Diaries on other websites:

Hospital and Facilities of Surgery:

Physical Therapy:

Conversation w/ Prior Patients:

Marketing Approach:

Add any other important criteria:

-----

It will help to know this while making suggestions for whom you should pursue as your doctor.   For me, Dr. Mahboubian's office was right up the road and he is roughly $50K less expensive than Dr. R; and my cost and convenience weighting and grades were starting to sway in favor of Dr. M. Throw in the success diaries I read, and I arrived at a decision quite easily.   I was able to conveniently endure CLL and other than being on crutches for a while, I maintained my job, family life, friends, etc.   So with that said, Location/Proximity was weighted as a 5 for me and Dr. M's grade was a 5 with total Location score of 25. Confused yet? haha .  I would go through and first weight the importance of the above areas and then grade each Doctor based on similar criteria.     I will say that both Dr. R and Dr. M are proven CLL surgeons.  Many things to consider here.

Good luck with your decision and I hope we are able to provide some good insight for you.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:43:53 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

pickingasurgeon

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 10:47:12 PM »

Thank you for your response. I'll create a decision matrix when I get home.

On a side note, would you see Dr. M again for femoral lengthening? Are you happy at 5'4"?

InFullStryde

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 10:57:46 PM »

Thank you for your response. I'll create a decision matrix when I get home.

On a side note, would you see Dr. M again for femoral lengthening? Are you happy at 5'4"?

I did the femors and gained 3; so If i did return for another surgery it would have to be the tibias. If I wanted to go with tibia's, Dr. M would be the doctor I went forward with.  I'm very happy and content at my new height of 5'4".  Perspective really is everything.   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:28:13 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Activatedx

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 11:09:50 PM »

If you can afford Rozbruch why wouldn’t you go to dr. Paley who is the best in the world and 25k cheaper

You make no sense lol

Heightseeker1998

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 11:46:42 PM »

I agree. Dr Paley is one of the most honourable surgeon if you can afford his services.

Ghostfish

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 01:14:43 AM »

If you can afford Rozbruch why wouldn’t you go to dr. Paley who is the best in the world and 25k cheaper

You make no sense lol
I also agree with this. Dr. Rozbruch is a good doctor but Dr. Paley is pretty much the best doctor for CLL. Dr. Rozbruch's price is also more expensive than Dr. Paley's, if you can't find an insurance for CLL.
Also there is Dr. Kevin Debiparshad in Las Vegas and a diary from verticalpush who is a current patient of Dr. Debiparshad.  Verticalpush seems to be happy and doing great so far.  Dr. Debiparshad's price was the cheapest until Dr. Mahboubian lowered his price.  But still his price and Dr. Mahboubian's price seem to be cheapest in US for CLL using Stryde.

So widen your scope for the choices and make the best choice for you.

amandasolomon

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 09:10:37 PM »

Hello pickingasurgeon,

I hope all is well! I currently work for Dr. Mahboubian and I'm writing on this forum to just clarify some things in hopes that you choose the best doctor for you. Dr. Mahboubian has recently made lots of changes to his practice, as he is constantly working on improving his services. He recently lowered his prices for 2019 and I can assure you that there is no one on this forum marketing or promoting him. I am just here to clarify facts about his practice and shed some light on the new changes he has recently implemented. Dr. Mahboubian is currently in the midst of changing his marketing tactics and he has hired a new team to work on his website and his advertisements. The LAST thing we want anyone to feel is that Dr. Mahboubian is more of a businessman rather than a doctor since that is the furthest thing from the truth. The Doctor really wants to do all that he can to inform people and raise awareness about the services he offers. Please feel free to reach out to us at info@heightlengthening.com if you have any questions or concerns. I am happy to answer any of your questions and provide all the information you need to make a decision that will benefit you. Thanks for your time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up