Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Data about LL procedures  (Read 512 times)

loud

Data about LL procedures
« on: July 14, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »

Is there any way to find the information about LL? for example, how many surgeries are performed every year, how many serious complication occurs, etc? feels like is really difficult to count and figure out the real % of the risks when it comes to LL.

I am just trying to understand how risky it is. Why? because I'm new to the topic and the information I can find on internet (e.g. this forum) are based on few topics with few witnesses. I have read that Dr. Paley had 2 fat embolisms in 10 years, but also that out of 37 (if I am not wrong) cases reported by patients, 2 of them had fat embolism, which means that the first information (2 in 10 years) may be wrong. 2 out of 37 is a HUGE chance to have it. Basically you expect to get it.

Also another example is, I have read that there is a complication (don't remember the term) that may lead to amputation. I have never read anywhere about any case of amputation, even googling. So how really likely to happen is it?

Would love to put together some numbers and try to really understand the risks. Something like "in US/Europe or whatever there are 2000 surgeries every year for LL or similar, 100 fat embolism occurred, 0 deaths, no amputation occurred etc"

this wold help a lot to understand how risky a specific surgery really is. If you have any study/link/source please share. Or share your opinion based on what you have been reading so far.

Thank you

InFullStryde

Re: Data about LL procedures
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 10:25:45 PM »

The below is not a report and I'm not sure how accurate; but here, Dr. Paley does a pretty good job noting his LL statistics within the slides during the two video presentations, below:

"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

daikioni

Re: Data about LL procedures
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 02:22:40 PM »

where exactly he said about fat embolism?
Pages: [1]   Go Up