Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to increase participation in forum?  (Read 916 times)

Heightseeker1998

How to increase participation in forum?
« on: July 15, 2019, 10:03:36 PM »

Suggestions please. Feels like very few members are active. Veterans are busy in life. It's like no one cares about participation anymore?

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
Re: How to increase participation in forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 10:36:46 PM »

I think it's simply the fact that very few ,even if short ,would seriously consider undergoing this surgery.

Most people can accept there physical shortcomings(no pun intended).No offense to anyone here but only those that are mentally ill and know they can't overcome their neurosis would seriously consider cosmetic surgery (myself included).

Also this surgery is incredibly expensive for a cosmetic surgery, probably the most expensive, so that's a major barrier for many.

I do wish the veterans would stick around more though , they're invaluable.

Heightseeker1998

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 10:58:39 PM »

I understand veterans have no obligation towards us but that keep us hanging.

I agree that we all suffer from height neurosis. LL is the only option.

Knik

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 10:59:38 PM »

I understand veterans have no obligation towards us but that keep us hanging.

I agree that we all suffer from height neurosis. LL is the only option.

No, it's not the only option. But it's the only option that can change your height definitely
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 11:07:44 PM »

and the forum is already quite active for a surgery so unpopular
Looking for Pili

cheekycabs

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 11:12:40 PM »

The forum isnt active with current or post ll patients because there are too many trolls and stupid questions being asked. Fact.

Filter out the dumbfks and people will return to this forum.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

LAGrowin

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 05:59:57 AM »

The forum isnt active with current or post ll patients because there are too many trolls and stupid questions being asked. Fact.

Filter out the dumbfks and people will return to this forum.

100%

I am a year post op and answer PMs all the time,  but it gets old going back-and-forth arguing with some of these people that have no idea, and pull comments right out of their tail.

prMaster

• Visitor
  • Challenging my limits
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »

100%

I am a year post op and answer PMs all the time,  but it gets old going back-and-forth arguing with some of these people that have no idea, and pull comments right out of their tail.

Very True. Apart from being physical, LL is a very emotional and psychological journey too. Unnecessary negativity is the last thing one want during this and that to from people who haven't even done the surgery.
25-M
Current Height 161cms
Expected Height 167cms

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 03:46:26 PM »

Honestly it's extremely tiring arguing with people who talk about 'god heights ' and thinking all their world problems will dissipate if they reach a very specific number they've conjured up in their head.

People view others not at a specific height but judge you on the height range you fall into. I guarantee in the real world a one to two inch height difference above or below the male population height is barely perceptible to most.

This kind of cr*p on this forum leads to obsessive thinking and warps your perception of reality. But that's not even the biggest problems, it's incredibly unproductive.

InFullStryde

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »

I am now 6 months and 11 days post operation.  I plan on updating my diary weekly until I'm running again.   Also have some big plans to help others with height dyshopia. I'll keep everyone posted!

I do believe that the negativity that the forum can bring at times drive some people away.   I know that I have been personally attacked, unsolicited, a few times by members who have created new screen-names; just to troll.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Heightseeker1998

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 04:43:08 PM »

I am now 6 months and 11 days post operation.  I plan on updating my diary weekly until I'm running again.   Also have some big plans to help others with height dyshopia. I'll keep everyone posted!

I do believe that the negativity that the forum can bring at times drive some people away.   I know that I have been personally attacked, unsolicited, a few times by members who have created new screen-names; just to troll.

So sorry to hear that. Please keep updating
I understand that without control, forum could generate extreme negativity. I am definitely curious to know your final outcome.

InFullStryde

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 04:48:52 PM »

So sorry to hear that. Please keep updating
I understand that without control, forum could generate extreme negativity. I am definitely curious to know your final outcome.

Thank you, Heighseeker1998.  I will for sure keep everyone posted.  I've always made some great friends here and have received wonderful feedback and advise.   Overall, LL Forums is a great resource.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671
Pages: [1]   Go Up