Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Betz in Germany  (Read 2627 times)

Activatedx

Re: Dr Betz in Germany
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2019, 09:10:31 PM »

Max for tibia is 7cm according to  doctors who specialize in this field and say there would be consequences if you exceeded that. It's some of these businesses who offer heigher and claim there won't be a problem. But 7 is fine.

No it’s not, and you’re an idiot for saying that
If paley and rozbruch and donghoon, the best doctors, will refuse to go more than 5-6cm what makes you qualified to say that?

short

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2019, 09:15:38 PM »

agree @ Activatedx
It also depends on your starting bone-length.
<= 15 % is safe-zone, some people can reach something between 15-20%, but it's dangerous as hell.
Everything above 20% is lifetime hell!

MyLongLegsAndMe

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2019, 09:44:46 PM »

American doctors have done presentations where 8 and 7 are stated as the max for upper and lower parts, respectively. Some people have exceeded it slightly and recovered in the average amount of time.

soitchi

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2019, 11:14:59 PM »

I disagree. Height is a major aspect of your social status for people, subconsciously or otherwise. There's a reason why there's a disproportionate percentage of men over 6 feet who are CEOs and the percentage of 6 foot men. Many physical features could make or break you, and height is no exception.
Good choice. It's good to be as informed as much as possible as opposed to backing out entirely or going for a really small number and wasting money.
If you ask me, it sounds like you're seeking confirmation bias and looking for people to agree so you don't feel bad if you were to get 7+8. Correct me if I'm wrong.

American doctors have done presentations where 8 and 7 are stated as the max for upper and lower parts, respectively. Some people have exceeded it slightly and recovered in the average amount of time.
In any case, that doesn't mean you should lengthen those amounts.
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2019, 12:06:37 AM »

Dude you can't lengthen that 15-16cm and expect to fully functioning after.

As soitchi stated your just looking for a confirmations bias .Yes height is important , we all know this,but your out right refusal to listen to people on this forum suggest you've become preoccupied on a particular height.

The closer your height is to male average ,the less noticeable additional  or diminished height becomes as there is actually an extremely small variation in human height. A two inch deviation above and  below the average male height captures 80% of the population. Hence why you won't immediately notice a difference between a 5 10 ' and a 6 0' man.

Temper your expectations for your own safety and sanity.

MyLongLegsAndMe

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2019, 12:23:40 AM »

I initially started this thread to see if anyone had any examples of people doing more than 15 and turning out okay due to promises made by a certain doctor. Based on all the information I've compiled, I haven't found a credible source tell ling me 15 is dangerous. But I'm an evidence-driven guy, and what you're saying is new to me. So I'm all ears if you could give me the run down on consequences for folks who do 15-16. Might just save my life.

MyLongLegsAndMe

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2019, 12:27:32 AM »

A 2inch difference is very noticeable for me personally, but that's besides the point. I wasn't looking for confirmation bias, just some fact checking based on a doctor I got in contact with.

So we've established past 15 is dangerous, so what's your maximum based on everything you've seen?

MyLongLegsAndMe

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 12:35:15 AM »

Oh btw when you used the numbers 15-16 were you thinking of 2 surgeries or 1? Because I was thinking of two. It's pushing the limit, but I wouldn't say you'd not be fully functional eventually.

short

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 12:52:44 AM »

2 surgeries of course.
While muscles can grow, tendons can't, streching them is limited.
Another problem is the relatively short lengthening period towards natural growing.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 01:13:42 AM »

7.5cm to 8cm max for femurs and 5cm for tibias. The rule of thumb is that you can get 5inchs from two surgeries. Lengthening over 5cm for tibias is where things get dangerous quickly.

From what I've read from really old diaries on a different forum, people were aiming for 15-20cm all the time. They soon realised that this was incredibly stupid after a few people that did lengthen this much were hobbling about years after the surgery.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 01:24:36 AM »

Just as an additional point lengthening beyond 5 inchs would completely screw up your proportions.

If your doing two surgeries,your proportions will need to be something you'll have to consider. Those that have long arms ,long torsos and are broad shouldered for their height would be the ones that would still look decent after two surgeries as opposed to a 'dwarf on stilts'.

soitchi

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 06:06:21 AM »

Something you might want to consider is once you get the first operation you might not even want the second. There's no need to commit to two surgeries before even the first.

Here's some pics for reference to what @Heightmare is saying about proportions
http://i.imgur.com/a63FErX.jpg
https://ibb.co/kfYhPJ
https://ibb.co/ikZYWy
shorturl.at/fyNU4
http://prikachi.com/images/444/7725444o.jpg

Gif of apo trying to run lol
shorturl.at/mPVW2
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

loud

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:19 AM »

What's wrong with this guy? looks proportioned to me.
Also for two surgeries I would do less, 5cm tibia 7cm femur is more than enough (it should be also kinda safe), 12cm total will change the life of anyone, from 165 to 177, from 170 to 182, from 175 to 187, you don't need to be 190 categorically to be happy, 12cm boost should make feel better even someone 160 because it's objectively a massive improvement. I mean if you're short and being absolutely average don't make you feel ok then it's about time to work on your mind.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »

The guy in the last three pictures is Apotheosis,he's an extreme narcissistic,hence he's probably only posting pictures that look good. You'd probably never get any candid photos from him. Regardless, a 20cm increase will look good on very few

But you're so right loud if you're not happy with being average height then you have some deeper issues such as BDD

soitchi

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2019, 10:30:26 PM »

What's wrong with this guy? looks proportioned to me.
Also for two surgeries I would do less, 5cm tibia 7cm femur is more than enough (it should be also kinda safe), 12cm total will change the life of anyone, from 165 to 177, from 170 to 182, from 175 to 187, you don't need to be 190 categorically to be happy, 12cm boost should make feel better even someone 160 because it's objectively a massive improvement. I mean if you're short and being absolutely average don't make you feel ok then it's about time to work on your mind.
His shirts are big to hide where his torso really ends and looks thin next to real 6+ footers despite him being filled out. Also look at the gif of him running. There's some people who might think 2 surgeries and a lot of lengthening is a good trade to lose the ability to run, some not. Those are some things to think about, it's not just money and time being traded here for height.
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

Activatedx

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2019, 01:09:27 AM »

Dude you can't lengthen that 15-16cm and expect to fully functioning after.

As soitchi stated your just looking for a confirmations bias .Yes height is important , we all know this,but your out right refusal to listen to people on this forum suggest you've become preoccupied on a particular height.

The closer your height is to male average ,the less noticeable additional  or diminished height becomes as there is actually an extremely small variation in human height. A two inch deviation above and  below the average male height captures 80% of the population. Hence why you won't immediately notice a difference between a 5 10 ' and a 6 0' man.

Temper your expectations for your own safety and sanity.

Only way to lengthen 16cm is to lengthen 4cm in tibia and femur, then heal and wait a year. Then rebreak and lengthen 4cm again in total for 8cm per segment. Which is idiotic to pay an extra year and 100k for 2-3cm imo. Might as well just do 5-6cm and 8 and be done

loud

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:42 AM »

I can't see the gifs, I really would like to see him running

soitchi

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2019, 01:16:14 AM »

I can't see the gifs, I really would like to see him running
I PM'd it to you lmk if you can see it now.
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up