Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Pradip Sharma LON Tibias  (Read 15934 times)

BlueHen

Re: Dr. Pradip Sharma LON Tibias
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2019, 06:52:00 AM »

Day 80

Went for my first Xrays since frame removal yesterday. Harry says the callus is good, I can't really see that much callus tbh but it's only a couple weeks since frame removal. I was expecting a little more callus tbh. Xray attached below

https://imgur.com/a/jh6S4yI

Everything else is going alright, no pain expect for a tiny bit just above the ankles occasionally. I really want to improve my mobility over the next couple of weeks it is very important to me, Harry says we will start walking with crutches this week.

Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

Joker

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2019, 04:21:43 AM »

Great brother, Your callus looks good , fibula almost join.
Have you start walk or not yet.

Arya

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2019, 01:17:32 PM »

Day 80

Went for my first Xrays since frame removal yesterday. Harry says the callus is good, I can't really see that much callus tbh but it's only a couple weeks since frame removal. I was expecting a little more callus tbh. Xray attached below

Callus formation is good to start with.  It’ll eventually get better and better when you start walking. Good luck for your upcoming journey. Nice diary. Keep us updated.

BlueHen

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »

Day 84

I started walking with crutches 3 days ago. First time I used them I walked up and down my hallway once and as I was a few steps away from my room I almost fainted! My vision went completely black and Harry had to help me sit down. I threw up a tiny bit and felt fine after 5 minutes. I think this happened because I hadn't drunk enough water that day and it was my first time properly walking in so long. Happily, since then my walking with crutches has improved massively and feels really good/smooth - it almost feels like I'm walking normally (even though I'm surely not) with just a little support under my armpits.

I have decided I will post 2 videos. One today showing me walking with a walker during physio (it's nothing special but I don't want to show crutches because they're my personal crutches). And I will post one more video in about 2-3 months when I am walking unaided normally (Harry says I am 1 month from walking unaided)

https://imgur.com/a/PeW8hsk

I have no pain apart from occasionally during walking at the bottom screws I feel pressure/pain there.

I fly home in 2 days and will no longer be updating this regularly. I do promise to return in 2-3 months to share my progress. If anyone wishes to ask me any questions you can PM me, I may login from time to time.

Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and encouragement, good luck to anyone who's going through this!
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

Atypical

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »

Day 84

I started walking with crutches 3 days ago. First time I used them I walked up and down my hallway once and as I was a few steps away from my room I almost fainted! My vision went completely black and Harry had to help me sit down. I threw up a tiny bit and felt fine after 5 minutes. I think this happened because I hadn't drunk enough water that day and it was my first time properly walking in so long. Happily, since then my walking with crutches has improved massively and feels really good/smooth - it almost feels like I'm walking normally (even though I'm surely not) with just a little support under my armpits.

I have decided I will post 2 videos. One today showing me walking with a walker during physio (it's nothing special but I don't want to show crutches because they're my personal crutches). And I will post one more video in about 2-3 months when I am walking unaided normally (Harry says I am 1 month from walking unaided)

https://imgur.com/a/PeW8hsk

I have no pain apart from occasionally during walking at the bottom screws I feel pressure/pain there.

I fly home in 2 days and will no longer be updating this regularly. I do promise to return in 2-3 months to share my progress. If anyone wishes to ask me any questions you can PM me, I may login from time to time.

Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and encouragement, good luck to anyone who's going through this!
Congratulations BlueHen , Thank you for uploading video. You started walking very early and your feet also looks flat in video means you have no ballerina that's great.Now i understand they people working seriously hard.  Sorry for the prejudice.
Mobility will come gradually and you will be walking good in no time i wish.
You are leaving is good sign. All the best for the recovery. Please keep the story coming how it goes.

Adios

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2019, 05:33:13 AM »

Congratulations brother.

Beforeandafter

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2019, 05:29:37 AM »

Hi BlueHen ,
What is your status after reaching home ?

BlueHen

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2019, 09:50:50 AM »

Hi BlueHen ,
What is your status after reaching home ?

All good. Won't be doing a proper update for a couple months but I will attach my Xray I took back home today

https://imgur.com/a/1TAlfp5

Great321

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2019, 07:28:22 PM »

Day 69

I must admit I feel strange right now, I'm not sure why, I feel probably the lowest I have since I arrived in India. Even though everything is going according to plan and there have been no complications; I just feel weird. I guess I'm getting sick of my total lack of mobility, I really hope it picks up soon, even if it just means walking with crutches I'll be happy. Sleeping is much harder then it was in frames for some strange reason. I used to fall asleep within an hour, now it takes 2-3 hours.

I do feel these next few weeks are probably going to be a low point, and I'm prepared for that. Hopefully once I've made it through them I will slowly start to rebuild strength.

I made the same experience. A week after frame removal I felt the lowest after more than 10 months. Maybe it's because we internally expect more from our bodies after frame removal, we imagine it to be a big milestone but we realize that it's still going to be much work until we reach a normal...

My sleep got worse as well. But when I got home and made my bed more comfortable with extra blankets for my legs it was fine again.

Regarding dreams:
In the first months I also had dreams where I was without frames. But one time I dreamt that I had frames on with which I went to an indoor swimming pool in which I swam...One time I dreamt that I just stood up from my bed, unaided and that I walked effortlessly. That was really nice but unfortunately when I woke up I realized that it was just a dream :D Luckily I'm very close to that now...

Joker

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2019, 02:13:31 PM »

All good. Won't be doing a proper update for a couple months but I will attach my Xray I took back home today

https://imgur.com/a/1TAlfp5
Good man your callus looks improving.

Beforeandafter

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2019, 05:45:21 AM »

Hi Bluehen, what is your status now.
Are you still on arm crutch or walking without crutch.

Joker

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2019, 06:03:44 PM »

Hi BlueHen ,
Have you start walk without crutch or you still using them. .

TallPersonality

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2019, 10:35:47 PM »

He is probably enjoying new height and forgot about forum  :D

Adios

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »

He is probably enjoying new height and forgot about forum  :D
Yes you are right brother.

Dreamer57

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2019, 06:31:35 PM »

Hey, bluehen, what's your status??? Hope you are enjoying your new height

Smaller

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2019, 05:42:20 AM »

Hi BlueHen please update your current status . I think you busy in your normal life.

Adios

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2019, 07:10:10 AM »

Hi BlueHen,
please update your status  .

Adward

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2019, 06:30:27 PM »

Great...good going

BlueHen

« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2019, 07:31:00 PM »

Day Whatever

It's been almost 2 months since I left India so as promised I will update.

Overall things are going well and I'm happy with how everything turned out. Had a few minor setbacks but I'm walking unaided now for anything under 1km. My gait is not bad, I would say on a good day it looks 99% normal, but on a bad day when I have pain I have to walk a little weird.

I'm getting better for sure and almost back to a totally normal life, minus the running/sports for now.

NEET

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2019, 01:24:22 PM »

Hi Bluehen congratulations
Good to hear that, you walk without aid ,Dr Sharma’s patients recovering very well.
If you don’t mind,Can you please share walking video .

nomad13

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2019, 01:56:42 PM »

Day Whatever

Overall things are going well and I'm happy with how everything turned out. Had a few minor setbacks but I'm walking unaided now for anything under 1km. My gait is not bad, I would say on a good day it looks 99% normal, but on a bad day when I have pain I have to walk a little weird.

I'm getting better for sure and almost back to a totally normal life, minus the running/sports for now.

Your dairy did help me to start with, good to hear you back to normal, am sure you be back 100% soon, congrats mate
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0

Arabic Man

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »

Day Whatever

Great,

So what about when you wake up after sleeping, can u walk without crutches ??

Smaller

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2019, 05:48:07 AM »

Day Whatever

Thank you Bluehen for update
You guys makes me confident, which I decided about my CLL surgery with Dr Pradeep Sharma and Harry  in January.
Please keep update , Best of luck

Beforeandafter

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2020, 12:48:00 PM »

Hi Bluehen
What is your current status?
You mentioned 99% normal , Can we see your walking video if you don’t mind?

BlueHen

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2020, 05:35:32 PM »

Great,

So what about when you wake up after sleeping, can u walk without crutches ??

Hi Arabic Man, how are you doing these days?

Yes, the last few weeks even first thing in the morning I can walk to the shower without crutches without problem

BlueHen

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2020, 05:40:46 PM »

Hi Bluehen
What is your current status?
You mentioned 99% normal , Can we see your walking video if you don’t mind?

Current status is good, can go 3 days without touching my crutch (only using one crutch when walking 1km+) I feel like I don't even need it for that anymore. My callus is very good and I'm about 50% consolidated already. Flexibility is nearly in the normal range (no ballerina but not much dorsiflexion + hamstrings still a little need work).

I will post a walking video when I get the chance to film one, I'm really busy with work and don't want to film it in my house/near it but I will try and post one within the next 2 weeks.

Adios

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2020, 07:34:11 AM »

Current status is good, can go 3 days without touching my crutch (only using one crutch when walking 1km+) I feel like I don't even need it for that anymore. My callus is very good and I'm about 50% consolidated already. Flexibility is nearly in the normal range (no ballerina but not much dorsiflexion + hamstrings still a little need work).

I will post a walking video when I get the chance to film one, I'm really busy with work and don't want to film it in my house/near it but I will try and post one within the next 2 weeks.
Congratulations brother, most impressive recovery.

NEET

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2020, 07:08:44 PM »

Please share your current recovery status.

Smaller

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2020, 06:30:11 AM »

Hi, BlueHen
Did you start walk without aid confidently.

BlueHen

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »

Update on my condition.

Since my last post I have not touched my crutch. Two weeks ago I walked 5km Friday, 7km Saturday and 4 km Sunday (I checked on my phone) no crutches of course, I was walking around the city with my friends going to lots of different places and my legs felt fine, I was also walking very fast overtaking people on the street. I have felt totally normal since my last post in terms of walking. I walk at least 3km everyday without problems. My gait is totally normal, up and down stairs no railing e.c.t (although downstairs I am little slow without railing because my calf flexibility still needs work)

I have started light jogging too, first time it happened I subconsciously started running for a train. Running feels weird, not like walking which I picked up again straight away, because right now when I run I don't take big strides a precaution, but I can jog a bit and it is faster than my fastest walking.

I tried recording a video at my gym but there wasn't enough space, and I want to show jogging. I promise a video is coming soon!

Dreamer57

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2020, 05:08:05 PM »

Whoa! Congrats bro!
That's a big feat....
I'm sure you will start running like before or even better!
Eagerly waiting for the jogging video!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up