Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Method on FEMUR; Prof. Dr Yuksel Yuttras, Turkey  (Read 951 times)

egocentrical

LON Method on FEMUR; Prof. Dr Yuksel Yuttras, Turkey
« on: May 22, 2023, 06:49:20 PM »

Adding first half of diary as have just started the journey after being on forum for 10 years (Not active). Ask away anything I'll respond as best I can; but to be honest, I won't be updating daily I'm not that invested but think another entry is always good.

For the details, I am male 28, 55/60kgs, 164.5cms

Goal is anything between 6/8cms depending on the journey.

Limb Lengthening Diary;

Arrived In turkey on the 17th of May - was picked up by one the persons who transported me to the hotel.

As was first day not much to discuss, spoke with some the patients already doing the treatment and ender the day eatting and going to bed.

18th, went to the hospital for X-Ray and Blood test, after a bit of waiting - both came back fine.

19th, surgery planned for Saturday - the days were filler days before Friday so just going out talking people drinking etc and of course sorting payment.

the payment was one the areas I was not anxious about, but after doing an ITB it actually went through pretty quickly and they were going to do the surgery anyway as I had built the trust in the past few days with them.

20TH surgery day, honestly was pretty relaxed no reason not to be - went through all the steps needed pre surgery. During surgery I was under local anesthesic so was awake but was unable to see for obvious reasons, felt no pain through out and the surgery took around 2 hours? Although at this point my ability to tell was not at its best.

After I was taken to my room on hospital bed and met my care taker who was going to stay with me through out my hospital stay, i kept trying to move my legs well toes specifically and well, that was not happening lol - kind of just layed there for the next hours into the late night chatting with care taker - don't remember to much if I'm honest but the care taker told me that most people sleep through the first day he was pretty surprised I stayed awake and long enough to regain control of my legs and minor control of my toes. Also kept playing with the bed controls for moving legs up and down because it was kind of Amusing.

21st - 2nd day, got awoken to the lady delivering breakfast - not feeling particularly hungry I only had the soup and bread. Spent most of the day on the come down from the anesthetic still. This is were I did begin to feel the pain - nothing unmanageable waited for a few hours before asking for pain killers which helped slightly.

One of the other patients who had their surgery a few days prior came into my room and we chatted, said he started walking or at least attempted to and also swapped his catheter bag for a bottle.

Tried to get a headstart and asked for the help of the caretaker to try and help me through lifting my self to have me sit on the edge of the hospital bed. Managed to sit on the edge after wriggling and brute force but with no foot support like a step the pain was quite bad in my knees, however I did manage to get my knees to around 90/100 degrees so pretty happy with that.

All through the day again I was playing with the bed controls to move my feet up and down to get some type of stretching involved, helped quite a bit and wasn't difficult to do so tried to do this as often.

Nearing the end of the night of the second day that is when the pain began to become more intense, I slowly controlled it with breathing techniques but after around 4 hours of no pain killers or morphine I caved and asked for these. Once on these the pain subsided slightly and then went to bed.

22nd - woke up with very little pain, again as other days did not have a big appetite so opted to eat small parts of breakfast and an apple.

From morning to midday I began to have quite a bad headache and nausea, but legs were not hurting.

Baring with the above I tried walking with a walker but to be honest did not get that far due to my arms hurting more then my legs. After this I laid around an hour in bed with more pain killers/morphine whilst trying to manage a headache and nausea. Later in the day I again moved my self with some help into a wheel chair with pretty flexible knees and care taker said that it's very good and most people have difficult with bending them but that's been a non issue for me.

Once x-ray had happen and taken back to room my headache and nausea was at its peak and I tried to drink water but that's when I vomited everywhere over myself … so that was fun. Vomited twice in space of 30 mins or so but it did help with the feeling of nausea to go away. Caretaker said don't worry this can be the effect of the drugs currently being minimized within the system and usually ½ of the people vomit and I should try to take sips of water slowly from now on.

After that I had a quick nap and woke up and my headache cleared which was good, Also removed the pillow from beneath my knees on the bed with no real issue. After a few hours I felt fairly good, pain was 1/10 for legs barely noticeable and my nausea and headache was gone, best night so far of it all. Started drinking a protein mix with vitamins along with water as its easier to digest whilst getting nutritional value as I didn't want to eat anything just yet which could trigger vomiting.

As with the rest of the days, used the feature of the bed to stretch and bend my legs with little effort and did a few ankle stretches too to stay Flexible as I could be.

egocentrical

Re: LON Method on FEMUR; Prof. Dr Yuksel Yuttras, Turkey
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 06:51:59 PM »

Also after reading, defo some grammatical errors - proof read your work kids.

Try to read past them hah.

dontgototurkey

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 03:01:22 AM »

This guy is a notorious butcher, I hope you have medical insurance in your home country because a large percentage of his patients are crippled and/or have horrible deep bone infections. I don’t want to hurt your feelings or scare you but it’s important for others around the world reading this diary to know the truth. He’s as bad as Halil at Live Life Taller where I went, if not worse.

Best of luck

shortisnotfun

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 09:51:56 AM »

He butchered me with crooked legs and a couple of other people I was with, good luck man.
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

GrowTow

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 05:53:54 PM »

You're about to get fked and also he's not really a professor.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

egocentrical

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 06:32:09 PM »

23rd - woke up, felt nauseous and headache again - not used to sleeping on back I tried taking sleeping pills for past two days but they left me feeling like  e, so after spending most of this morning sleeping and not doing much, finally after around 18:00pm, I was feeling well enough to re attempt walking, i managed to walk around the entire room with no real issue as last time, did get quite hot doing it. As I hadn't eaten all day I returned back to my bed and my care taker went out and found me some grilled cheese toast which I was craving for some reason. Have been doing lots of exercises in my bed. So far am feeling well, no exceptional pain.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 04:58:49 PM »

23rd - woke up, felt nauseous and headache again - not used to sleeping on back I tried taking sleeping pills for past two days but they left me feeling like  e, so after spending most of this morning sleeping and not doing much, finally after around 18:00pm, I was feeling well enough to re attempt walking, i managed to walk around the entire room with no real issue as last time, did get quite hot doing it. As I hadn't eaten all day I returned back to my bed and my care taker went out and found me some grilled cheese toast which I was craving for some reason. Have been doing lots of exercises in my bed. So far am feeling well, no exceptional pain.

Please post recent imaging data here with personally identifying information redacted when it's available.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

egocentrical

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 03:52:20 PM »

Yeah dude will do, when I get back to the hotel tomorrow.  Hospital WiFi is bad.

24th - spent the entire day nauseous throwing up, when I was feeling a lil better I managed to walk to the furthest I had been in a while.

Spent rest of the day feeling restless as I had slept through portion of it, tried to do exercises and sit for extended periods. But would be interrupted by the feeling of dizziness and sickness so had to take it easy.

Found out I am being discharged on the 26th which I'm happy about as spending any longer in here would drive me insane, the hospital is definitely not set up for night owls.

25th May - after weening off painkillers/morphine for the few days and stopping with the sleeping pills I finally woke up and felt somewhat like myself although my sleep quality has been pretty bad mostly due to not ever sleeping on my back before and being a night owl, I'm definitely out of wack with it all.

Since I had not are much past few days, got my care taker to get me giant sub sandwich filled with meat, and it's the best thing I had eaten all week - no nausea, no looking at depressing hospital food, really upped my mood.

Did some sitting down stretching with care takers help, my left leg is less swollen then the right currently. After about an hour of stretching, spent the few next hours actually feeling like a living being, caught up on some YouTube series, continued to snack without fear etc.

Was shown how to use the monorail fixator and how to turn it, honestly didn't realise how easy it is in terms of the mechanics of it.

Am now doing stretches on/off during the rest of the day waiting for tomorrow for when I am discharged.

GoaT

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2023, 08:30:41 AM »

Did you walk after the surgery?
Pages: [1]   Go Up