Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019  (Read 71469 times)

Movie

Re: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2019, 07:35:42 AM »

wanttaller: Yeah man! most definitely we did it !! thanks a lot bro cheers! wish you a fast full recovery as well

IFS: IFS, thanks a lot man! appreciate your contribution to the forum and LL community here and support bro

ghostfish: haha yeah man gait has been improving since last video it looks like (x Thanks a lot man!

E Z: Thanks E Z ! It's getting there it's just my muscles are tight, but strength is getting there day by day, haha I think when I pass people they notice I'm not ok as if I had maybe a sprained ankle or something, but I'm 99.99% sure they don't see me and think "Oh he definitely did CLL" I think they just think nothing major of it. I'd say 70% on a good day and if you want to be a very generous critic hahaha, best of wishes on your journey bro, it really goes by fast.

Renaissance: No bro I wasn't pre-op training specifically for CLL, I just loved playing soccer and I would about 2-4 times a week, and even more often the last few weeks before my surgery since I knew I wasn't going to be able to enjoy my favorite sport for a little while, and also was going to the gym and gaining some muscle mass, which I lost shortly after but I think it helped lol. no man thanks to you for tuning in and the good wishes.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

TheAlchemist

« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2019, 09:24:42 PM »

Wow the walk is incredible. Amazing outcome Movie! Inspiring for all of us CLLers going through it!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Movie

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2019, 01:03:27 AM »

TheAlchemist: Thanks bro! appreciate the kind words .

Update: Guys today I saw Dr. Mahboubian today and he confirmed both of my legs being equally lengthened so the feeling of my left leg feeling like it's longer might be just because my muscles and hips are tighter on the left. Callous looks excellent very strong, he says at this rate I might be allowed to jog in a matter of weeks, if my muscle tightness doesn't impede lol, anyway, I'm very happy I turned out so well so far, thank god!
also I was able to drive back home for 40 minutes continuously with minor discomfort and moderate pain but without the torturing pain I'd feel before on my right shin right after 15 minutes of driving that would make me have to stop and step out the car to stretch my legs for 3-5 minutes until I can go again for another 15 mins driving, that means the 3 days of not distracting have definitely helped me lol.

I'll be updating you guys on the consolidation phase every time I see major improvements, cheers to everybody.

Movie out
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

BoneStretching

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2019, 07:07:32 AM »

Congratulations movie, I am so happy for you.

Most of all, I really commend your willingness to support the community on this forum. Truly selfless of you.

Enjoy being tall now my friend! I got just 1 CM to go. Yikes! Will look to your progress for inspiration.

maxheight35

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »

Yo, congrats! Definitely looking taller, and being lean helps. I was debating Mahboubian vs. Paley, as I don’t wanna leave LA for 90 days lol... but now for sure I’m leaning more towards staying here to get it done. Thanks for these updates and wow the videos are f*cking solid man!!!

2 quick questions:

- when can you start hitting the gym and doing atleast upper body weight training or pushups, pull-ups, etc?

- have you considered getting 2” on your tibias as well or are you happy with just the 3” ... like do you really feel the difference in height with 3” !?

Movie

« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2019, 03:10:12 AM »

BoneStretching: Thanks bro! Appreciate it, yeah bro last cm is tough, I had to take a 48 hour break from distracting at like 7.2CM it was becoming pretty painful, after that it wasn't that bad, I think the thrill of seeing how close I was to finishing kept me going and pushing through the pain but let me tell you, 3 days after not distracting I feel better already haha. you got this!

LittleLA: thanks bro bro, if you live in LA why would you want to go to Paley? lol doing LL in your hometown being able to be around your family and friends (if they know about your procedure it's easier I only told my closest friends and they keep it private) and going to places you're familiar with while doing LL, I feel like that was a big part to my sanity while distracting, besides mahboubian has better pricing & you won't be having to pay extra housing, just stay at your place lol

1) I've been doing pull ups, push ups here and there already I'd say I started doing that around 6CMs distracted
2) original plan was to do tibias as well but I'm happy now at 5'9 with the 3" jump, yes it's very noticeable I don't feel short af anymore. and my body looks more proportionate with my longer legs because I had a longish torso but short ass legs. also I want to play soccer again asap so that's it for me.

Update: guys 3 days after distracting I already feel improvements, call me crazy but I really do. today I went to the mall with my girlfriend and I was practicing my gait and at one point I was walking towards a mirror and I looked at myself and my gait must've looked at least 90% normal and I wasn't feeling much pain or fatigue at the mall even though we walked a decent amount. I'm excited for the months to come of healing can't wait to get back to running/soccer/gym

here's pics of my last xrays yesterday check out the callous lol 8) : https://imgur.com/a/XXgTafU
Nails removed 10/06/2021

azman

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »

Congratulations on accomplishing your goal.
It’s awesome to hear that you are feeling improvements after 3 days post distraction.

I’m at 6.4 cm today and my quadruples are tight and both my knees won’t bend pass 90.  Guess the morning is the worst when both legs are heavy.

Keep us posted on your recovery.

maxheight35

« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2019, 05:56:59 AM »

You’ve made good points about doing it locally. And that’s great to hear on the pull-ups and feeling taller. I’d like to hit 5,9” but i need 5” for that one  ::) x-rays look legit. You should get stem cell injections in your thighs to help heal faster!

SimonFuller

« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2019, 07:59:19 PM »

Movie - hows things bro - let us know how consolidation is going please.

It would be great to hear from you.

Also from your latest video I could not even notice the proportion change - when you look at the video yourself do you notice it?

Does it even feel like you are watching yourself aha - must be a surreal feeling I'd imagine!

MyEvolution

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2019, 08:43:51 PM »

Congratulations you earned it :)

Movie

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2019, 11:37:58 PM »

SimonFuller: What's up bro I'm at day 18 of consolidation and things are much better than distraction, lately it's been getting cold though in California so I'm starting to feel tighter and some pain but overall better than during distraction phase, I can stand for longer, walk more with out much pain, I can drive now without the burning shin pains which is wonderful. and just overall I'm better I can tell, gait most of the time looks normal now for the most part.

MyEvolution: Thanks bro bro, most def, now go earn your height goals bro, rooting for you
Nails removed 10/06/2021

SimonFuller

« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2019, 10:05:43 PM »

Great to hear buddy - when will we be seeing another video?

Does the height really feel that different - must be kinda surreal even though its been almost 3.5 months.

Movie

« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2019, 09:16:11 AM »

I'll be showing progress every month for these next 3 months, after that probably in another 6 months to show 1 year post op and after that we'll see how I feel

The height difference is noticeable, even though I'm kind of getting used to it now, I remind myself how much taller I am by how I perceive things now such as friends, family, cars, I don't feel like I'm always shorter than every guy in public, I feel 50/50 and that's cool with me, no more height dysphoria, now I just gotta work on flexibility and strength so I can get to running and playing soccer ASAP
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Nestor

« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2019, 02:42:51 PM »

Congrats on your success Movie, really happy for you man! All your hard work has paid off. Are you walking completely unassisted now or do you still need crutches sometimes?

Movie

« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2019, 09:39:24 PM »

@Nestor: Always unassisted now haven't used my crutches in a month and a half or so

Update: Consolidation phase just under week 4

What's up fellas I hope you guys had a nice thanks giving, yesterday after thanks giving feasts my friend and I decided to go Black Friday shopping lol I must've walked about 2-3 miles and walked for about 2-3 hours straight, I was a bit tired at the end but I'm pretty comfortable now, my legs feel stronger and don't get fatigued as fast as they would during distraction phase. I have a little video for you guys of my gait, my right leg is the weaker one which makes me have a little limp but what do you guys think? would you think I had surgery done if you didn't know I did it? lol

https://imgur.com/iCieWAc
Nails removed 10/06/2021

E Z

« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »

Looks perfect dude happy for you man!

BoneStretching

« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2019, 12:19:53 AM »

You walkin in to that store like kanye about to grab  a fresh pair of yeezys man...

Congrats bro.. Dream Gait.

limewalk

« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2019, 03:59:09 AM »

Movie did you really do LL? Or was this all a movie?

But seriously mate you look ace! How do you explain the height increase to old friends you meet?

maxheight35

« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2019, 05:45:26 AM »

Dude your gait looks great lol. Definitely walking with confidence so the small gait (which can’t notice) helps that confident style of walk! Seriously thinking about staying out in LA and going with Dr. M

Movie

« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »

E Z: Thanks bro! appreciate it

BoneStretching: hahaha yeah bro thanks means a lot, hope your recovery is going good as well!

limewalk: hahaha I see that you did there nice. thanks bro ... as far is that most of my friends don't bring it up, it was a bit of an elephant in the room but they mostly have all gotten used to it, but the ones who mentioned it I just say yeah I grew or blame it on my shoes depending on how long ago did I last see them.

LittleLA: Thanks bro haha yeah I know it's a little gangsta huh? xD I do it unintentionally now haha, and yeah bro you should, can't think of a better place to do this being from here.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Great321

« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2019, 09:10:37 PM »

@Nestor: Always unassisted now haven't used my crutches in a month and a half or so

What's up fellas I hope you guys had a nice thanks giving, yesterday after thanks giving feasts my friend and I decided to go Black Friday shopping lol I must've walked about 2-3 miles and walked for about 2-3 hours straight, I was a bit tired at the end but I'm pretty comfortable now, my legs feel stronger and don't get fatigued as fast as they would during distraction phase. I have a little video for you guys of my gait, my right leg is the weaker one which makes me have a little limp but what do you guys think? would you think I had surgery done if you didn't know I did it? lol

Nice update. Hope you did some good deals. You might need longer pants now ;)
Your gait looks pretty good. The limp is visible but probably only to people who pay attention to it.

SimonFuller

« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2019, 08:01:20 PM »

Bro looks very good trust me - the proportions look excellent too. What's your routine nowadays and when do you think you'll get back into football?

TheAlchemist

« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2019, 09:36:01 PM »

Yooo the walk looks amazing bro! Honestly wouldn't look twice. Incredible at around 1 month post distraction!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Movie

« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2019, 07:12:54 AM »

@Great321: Thanks bro, I did get a couple good deals, I actually didn't go up a size the 30x30's fit me just right now, I guess they would be pretty baggy before lol. Thanks bro yeah exactly.

@SimonFuller: Thanks Simon! appreciate the compliments, my routine is really just live life lol, I go up and down stairs often so I know that's strengthening me and I stretch every now and then when I feel like it, and I have been getting more lose I can finally touch my toes while standing and bending over, took me almost a month post distraction because I did that for the first time yesterday, and as far as football today I went to target and I saw a soccer ball on the floor and I was passing it around with my girlfriend, It honestly felt so good! I miss it so much I can tell how I'm not as agile as before but I have no doubt in my mind I will get back to it, I have to work on my flexibility from my hamstrings though because they don't let me lift my leg too much off the floor, once I do I shouldn't have much issue I believe and also once I start running. give me a 6 more months I'll be back to it and show you guys, mark my words.

@TheAlchemist thanks Alchemist! haha yeah bro thank god everythings looking good, I hope you're recovering well as well, cheers.

Update Exactly 4 Months Post- op

What's up fellas today marks 4 months post op, and dang what a ride it has been, and it's only the beginning, I'm happy with my new height and that I'm recovering pretty well for it being 4 months since my surgery, I appreciate all the encouragement, good wishes and compliments from every single one of you guys. Here's another little video from a better angle to see my gait, in celebration of 4 months post op, I know I posted a video a couple days ago, but here's to 4 months lol, cheers.

https://imgur.com/lyjt3zq

Nails removed 10/06/2021

Nestor

« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2019, 12:04:31 PM »

Wow you look tall man! Congrats on the 4 month anniversary  ;D Amazing work dude you should be proud of yourself. I'm gonna be 1 month post op tomorrow, still struggling with pains and whatnot but seeing your videos gives me a boost that it's all gonna be worth it in the end

Trevor.P

« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2019, 12:35:33 AM »

Incredible, it seems as if you had not done any surgery.
You're really good after 4 months, maybe a little swaying but very slight.
This encourages me more and more.

Dreamer57

« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2019, 06:40:40 AM »

What the hell man! How can a diary be so awesome!!! I just went through it and your journey seems so incredible. The movie thing that you do....it is the best !
1) your walking looks pretty normal. And you said you can touch your toes 4 months post op, that's like 1 month post distraction....isn't this wonderful! Your journey is a real success story!
You have already contributed a lot to this forum bt I just wondering if you could drop in a latest xray...which would give me an idea about how much you have consolidated inside to have this kind of good gait!

Nameless

• Where the mind goes, the body will follow.
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2019, 02:59:25 PM »

A true CLL hero.  8)
Thanks for your contribution!
Awesome recovery, no doubt about it. I hope my journey will be as good.
Original Height: 5 foot 7.4 (1.71 cm), Goal Height: 5 foot 10.1 (1.78 cm)
Initial Femur's Length: 43.8 cm, Initial Tibia's Length: 37.4 cm
Method: External Tibia @ Dr. Jacob Odessky
Body Composition: Buffed, low body fat
Approximate date of surgery: March 2020.

Movie

« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2019, 11:40:32 AM »

Thanks to the last 3 replies I greatly appreciate it!

Update: 1 month and a week post distraction

Guys I've been noticing consistent improvements this last week since my last update, I've tried a few new things, from trying to go up the stairs faster successfully like running kind of and also down the stairs kind of fast. and I feel very happy my speed, strength, flexibility and agility with my legs are improving a lot and fast, today I had a half a mile walk to my house and decided to try jogging on the street for a bit, I had tried it at home but obviously just a few steps since there's not enough space to try it for real, It felt a bit heavy obviously my legs are not as strong and I was swaying a bit. I was also trying not to take very heavy steps to not cause any damage to the nail.

Check it out:
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Dreamer57

« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2019, 02:34:09 PM »

Thanks to the last 3 replies I greatly appreciate it!

Update: 1 month and a week post distraction

Guys I've been noticing consistent improvements this last week since my last update, I've tried a few new things, from trying to go up the stairs faster successfully like running kind of and also down the stairs kind of fast. and I feel very happy my speed, strength, flexibility and agility with my legs are improving a lot and fast, today I had a half a mile walk to my house and decided to try jogging on the street for a bit, I had tried it at home but obviously just a few steps since there's not enough space to try it for real, It felt a bit heavy obviously my legs are not as strong and I was swaying a bit. I was also trying not to take very heavy steps to not cause any damage to the nail.

Check it out:

Awesome man!

Klord

• Visitor
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2019, 04:23:05 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) at the beginning i thought, someone very normal is running.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up