Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019  (Read 71454 times)

InFullStryde

Re: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 02:16:47 PM »

SimonFuller: Thanks bro I Appreciate it!

Bishopcheck: Really? Haha wow that's two people telling me that now, you and IFS I really thought I was behind the curve so I've been trying to push myself more lately and that maybe turned out to not be the best idea because now I feel more pain and my legs are a bit more sensitive I feel a sharp pain sometimes at the bone break site. but doing still improving lol

Thanks for tuning in guys and your ecouraging words.

by the way to all of you if you have Any questions for me feel free to ask.

Movie, really! At this point, I was still trying to figure out how I was going to take a safe and adequate crap (LOL!).   Keep up the good work.   How are your legs feeling right now over all? Can you describe the top to bottom feeling you have in your legs when resting your legs and when standing on them?

All the Best,

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Movie

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2019, 07:28:55 PM »

tom paul 24: Thanks & I'm not sure if they're big or not, I wouldn't say they're big incisions, but i'll show them on the next vlog update

IFS:  ;D , My legs are feeling ok while resting, except right after lengthening they'll feel a bit sore/tighter, and also sometimes when I wake up my muscles will feel tight and get muscle spasms, when I stand on them they're strong I don't feel much pain on them standing, only sometimes If I try to take a longer stride step or something my site where the bone was cut will shoot up pain. other than that the legs are weird, at first my left one was being weak and painful, now my right one seems a bit weaker and more painful than the left lol..
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

InFullStryde

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2019, 07:44:38 PM »

tom paul 24: Thanks & I'm not sure if they're big or not, I wouldn't say they're big incisions, but i'll show them on the next vlog update

IFS:  ;D , My legs are feeling ok while resting, except right after lengthening they'll feel a bit sore/tighter, and also sometimes when I wake up my muscles will feel tight and get muscle spasms, when I stand on them they're strong I don't feel much pain on them standing, only sometimes If I try to take a longer stride step or something my site where the bone was cut will shoot up pain. other than that the legs are weird, at first my left one was being weak and painful, now my right one seems a bit weaker and more painful than the left lol..

Nice, I know what you mean!  Throughout the entire CLL process for me; the "problem" leg would switch..left left left left right right right right..left right. lol. 

Sounds good regarding the resting and active state, conditions.  I'll stay in touch with your diary.  So Far; sounding like you're doing great.   

All the Best,

IFS
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

verticalpush

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2019, 04:19:24 AM »

Movie -- you, InFullStryde, and I seemed to all have the same leg pain issues at different points in our journeys. In my case, the problem leg was always my left one and pretty much stayed my left one. It started when I would feel pulses in only that leg while lengthening, which then led to sharp nerve pain in my shins. I would also feel a bit of pain after lengthening. It's weird that in my case the most pain I felt was always on my tibias, which in theory should have nothing to do with the femur. By the way, I started feeling the same weird pulses in my right leg about 2 days ago, almost a week after I switched back to 3 lengthening sessions a day from 2. Note that's always an option for you and Dr. M. to consider if the pain were to persist or get worse. In my case it made things night and day better.

Sounds like you're doing amazing so far. It'll keep getting easier every day. Push on brother!

SimonFuller

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »

Hey Movie - how are you getting on bud?

Movie

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2019, 10:33:36 PM »

SimonFuller: Hey for the most part everything good, thanks I've distracted 2 Centimiters officially today, Editing the vlog soon
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

SimonFuller

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2019, 08:08:01 AM »

Top man - I look forward to seeing it

Resilience

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2019, 11:05:13 PM »

Movie, how are you doing man? Are you okay? You've been M.I.A.

Movie

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2019, 12:04:04 AM »

Resilience: I'm good bro just going through the process, distracts me from being on here as much as I used to lol

Anyway everybody here is the update for weeks 3 and 4:

as of today I've distracted 21.45 MM so I'm a bit over 2 CMs

Nails removed 10/06/2021

InFullStryde

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2019, 12:28:23 AM »

Great job, Movie!  Be careful on those stairs, lol. You're doing amazing. Strong legs.

Movie

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2019, 05:16:31 AM »

Great job, Movie!  Be careful on those stairs, lol. You're doing amazing. Strong legs.
Thanks big bro yeah lol I know I move securely on those steps! thanks  8)
Nails removed 10/06/2021

SimonFuller

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2019, 07:31:09 AM »

Thanks big bro yeah lol I know I move securely on those steps! thanks  8)
Bro you are smashing it - huge congratulations!

Nameless

• Where the mind goes, the body will follow.
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2019, 05:49:00 PM »

Thanks for sharing man, you give me courage. :)
Good luck on your journey.
Original Height: 5 foot 7.4 (1.71 cm), Goal Height: 5 foot 10.1 (1.78 cm)
Initial Femur's Length: 43.8 cm, Initial Tibia's Length: 37.4 cm
Method: External Tibia @ Dr. Jacob Odessky
Body Composition: Buffed, low body fat
Approximate date of surgery: March 2020.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »

Awesome video.. Movie... keep up the good work.. all the best my friend

SimonFuller

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2019, 07:07:30 PM »

Bro you are smashing it - huge congratulations!

How are you getting on bro?

dreamingtall

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2019, 01:29:01 AM »

Movie,

How are you!? I'm scared you are just another LL victim whose suffered a complication and has gone MIA, without allowing the majority of us hopeful to have a safe and sound surgery, any answers. I completely understand you are probably going through the day to day, but if you could give us a weekly update, or even monthly I would so appreciate that. Essentially I just want to know you're okay.
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

Movie

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2019, 03:20:52 AM »

Hey everybody once you're going through the process of LL you just kinda focus on that in itself and I don't have much time or motivation to hop on this forum as much as I did before the surgery, but I've been great guys! today I was at mahboubian's clinic and I think one of you recognized me, and asked If I had recently done the surgery, but I said no ... I just wasn't in the mood earlier to talk to anybody haha my bad guys I regret it I could've maybe answered questions you had, if you're here on the forum hit me up bro (middle eastern guy accompanied with a lady and another man).

Here's the vlog update by the way:
Nails removed 10/06/2021

E Z

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2019, 03:58:37 AM »

great update brotha! Ur killin it for 6 weeks that's amazing.

So u mentioned your X-rays showed 3.8 cm lengthened, but your tally is 3.6 including the 1 mm after on both legs right?

cena

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2019, 05:04:58 AM »

Movie you killin' it man!

I find it very confusing how LL patients say LL is hard, you can't go back to work after a month, you need people to take care of you but in such videos it seems not that difficult.  ??? I don't know what to believe..

And really take it easy though. Walking stairs is a bit much at this stage I think  ;D You can always do that in a month or two.

Movie

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2019, 05:28:33 AM »

E Z: correct

Cena: It's not easy, Stryde makes it that much easier I guess, it's different for everyone. I did need someone to take care of me in the beginning stages I'd say first 2-3 weeks.
I push myself to improve daily, If I took it easy I probably wouldn't be able to do what I am able to do now, I know my body best so I push as far as I know I'm safely capable to do so.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

InFullStryde

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2019, 03:40:31 PM »

Nice job, Movie! Legs are strong. You're really killing it. How is the range of motion with stretching and are you doing PT at home or at a clinic?

Movie

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »

Thanks IFS! Range of motion is decent, I can't touch my toes anymore how ever since I've distracted almost 4CM's but I still stretch lol, and at home
Nails removed 10/06/2021

InFullStryde

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2019, 06:10:12 PM »

Thanks IFS! Range of motion is decent, I can't touch my toes anymore however since I've distracted almost 4CM's but I still stretch lol, and at home

Nice and no big deal on not being able to touch your toes.   I'm still working toward touching my toes and I've completed 8.5 months now of recovery.   Granted, I probably should be stretching, more, lol. 

You're doing so well and you're light years ahead of where I was at in terms of being able to move around. You should change your name from Movie to Moving. lol.  Just kidding.  Talk soon.

All the Best,

IFS

dreamingtall

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2019, 11:29:33 PM »

Movie,

Its so good to hear from you man! I just wanted to know does Mahboubian provide financing options for LL. Also what is the full cost you have paid? I think I remember hearing around 60k but just wanted to be sure. Anyways you really look like you're doing good, I definitely think this surgery seemed nearly impossible even 5 years ago... it just seems now that things in LL are advancing. More people are doing it, doctors are becoming more skilled in the practice, and the community is stronger. You are a pioneer of this community yourself, it is amazing to see your progress, I am only 23 but hope to get this done in my twenties.. and by the looks of your strength it just seems to me that I want to get it done ASAP and just work through the battle. You make it so realistic, thank you!
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

Movie

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2019, 12:06:19 AM »

dreamingtall: Yes I heard of Care credit or something like that where you can make payments if you qualify, but honestly didn't look into it much because I paid cash, and yeah it ended up being 70k for the surgery total + 2.3K anesthesia fee (which I haven't paid and will talk to the hospital before I do so, because Mahboubian said it was all included).

Thanks bro appreciate it, I'm 23 as well, do it ASAP if you really want to do it, I really feel like youth is working in my favor, my callous looks very good I'm sure that has some play on that.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

SimonFuller

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2019, 11:53:29 AM »

dreamingtall: Yes I heard of Care credit or something like that where you can make payments if you qualify, but honestly didn't look into it much because I paid cash, and yeah it ended up being 70k for the surgery total + 2.3K anesthesia fee (which I haven't paid and will talk to the hospital before I do so, because Mahboubian said it was all included).

Thanks bro appreciate it, I'm 23 as well, do it ASAP if you really want to do it, I really feel like youth is working in my favor, my callous looks very good I'm sure that has some play on that.

Bro awesome video - looks like you are doing incredible honestly.

This gives us all alot of inspiration so thanks very much

JsElysianEagle

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2019, 07:08:24 PM »

today I was at mahboubian's clinic and I think one of you recognized me, and asked If I had recently done the surgery, but I said no ... I just wasn't in the mood earlier to talk to anybody haha my bad guys I regret it I could've maybe answered questions you had, if you're here on the forum hit me up bro (middle eastern guy accompanied with a lady and another man).

Here's the vlog update by the way:

dude that was me! haha... the lady was my mom and the other dude was my bro. i went in for a consultation with mahboubian and recognized you instantly as you walked in, since your earlier videos had shown your face.

no worries, i'll hit you up with questions on here if i have any. your walk was fine and it looks like you are making amazing progress!!

Nameless

« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2019, 08:04:15 PM »

Looking great man, thanks for sharing!
I wish I had enough money to go with internal Femurs...
Oh well, at-least I found an amazing doctor. Will be less comfortable, but eventually we will both look back at this time and be proud of ourselves.  ;)
Having a psychotherapy-partner looks motivating, it sure helps.

Movie

« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2019, 02:13:05 AM »

Nameless: Thanks bro! yes sir! god willing, best wishes on your endeavor with CLL
Yeah man if you're doing it very soon let me know we can facetime and do PT together like gustav did with me.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

bgreeneee

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2019, 10:31:15 AM »

Great updates Movie. Hats off to you on your discipline and hard work so far. Super motivational to see your progress with 2 legs a month+ in to this. Since I’m doing only 1 leg my early challenges are lessened...but the detail of the lengthening are super applicable for me. Keep up the great work, I know you’ll hit your goal.

Nameless

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2019, 03:32:05 PM »

Nameless: Thanks bro! yes sir! god willing, best wishes on your endeavor with CLL
Yeah man if you're doing it very soon let me know we can facetime and do PT together like gustav did with me.
Thanks man!
Sadly, due to my job and a couple of things my doctor need to finish regarding the hospital in Ukraine, it looks like it's going to happen in 2-3 months from now.
I'm sure you'll be running by then.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up