Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019  (Read 71461 times)

asian

Re: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019
« Reply #372 on: October 11, 2020, 08:47:49 AM »

butt buys :))

asian, we don't even know each other yet, and we are already a team, "butt guys"!  loved it BoneStretching :D

BoneStretching bro, unfortunately I was never a fan of squats, but I've seen the magic it can do and I'll there have started doing some squats almost every day. Thanks.

lol, yeah, team butt guys. What type of stretching are you doing? bridges? I'm not sure if we're allowed to do squats.
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #373 on: October 11, 2020, 11:22:03 AM »

lol, yeah, team butt guys. What type of stretching are you doing? bridges? I'm not sure if we're allowed to do squats.

Should be safe to do squats. Dr. M. himself recommended squats the last time I met him (a couple weeks ago).  I try to increasingly for it daily.
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

TheAlchemist

« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2020, 05:38:03 PM »

Movie rooting for you through this minor setback, I know you'll power through! Keep us posted.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

averagegirl

• Visitor
« Reply #375 on: November 10, 2020, 05:17:46 PM »

What’s happened ? :o

Movie

« Reply #376 on: November 15, 2020, 07:58:53 AM »

what's up fellas! I haven't updated in a while, life has taken it's course & I'm enjoying life and working out constantly so I haven't bothered to make a good update, but here it is. It's been over a year since I stopped distraction (Nov. 2. 2019) That's crazy to me, time really flies, over a year since I last turned the ERC, and I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how I am doing now, in terms of athletic ability, my knee pain I reported earlier, ETC... Well good news I don't have knee pain really anymore, not even after I run, I haven't gotten significant knee pain for over a month or two.

Today I went to kick the ball around with one of my best friends who knows about my surgery, and wow I felt much more agile than last update, and faster in my sprint, I was able to kick the ball harder and further with a bit more ease. I did a sprint test and compared with my good friend, who runs pretty fast because we both love soccer and would often go play soccer at a local park with our group of soccer lover friends, and he and I would be pretty much the same speed, I was maybe a bit more explosive at the beginning but his top speed was slightly faster than me (He's 5'11) so I timed myself and timed him on a 35Meter ish run ( not really sure, didn't measure) my best time: 4.90, his best time: 4.00 (he could've done better maybe 3.85) so already a good improvement that's 80% of his top speed, although almost a full second in such a short sprint is a big difference, I'm no longer the slowest person in the soccer pick up games lol. also I raced him and he totally left me in the dirt, he exploded significantly faster at the beginning of the spring and took like 3-4 fast steps and saw I wasn't catching up so he just finished with a fast jog, where as I was giving it my all. Enjoy the videos.

PS. Yes I still run funny and my legs kick back more crooked than they used to, the CLL made that more pronounced. I will be practicing more sprints and try to correct that to improve my speed.

my best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/ks9zrY2
friend's best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/N7F7Vh4
Race: https://imgur.com/a/JOyXvxv

Hoping once my rods are out and allows me to move better, lighter and more naturally the way I'd like... with consistency and practice I'll improve my sprints, enjoy fellas, keep going hard.

Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Tartar

« Reply #377 on: November 15, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »

what's up fellas! I haven't updated in a while, life has taken it's course & I'm enjoying life and working out constantly so I haven't bothered to make a good update, but here it is. It's been over a year since I stopped distraction (Nov. 2. 2019) That's crazy to me, time really flies, over a year since I last turned the ERC, and I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how I am doing now, in terms of athletic ability, my knee pain I reported earlier, ETC... Well good news I don't have knee pain really anymore, not even after I run, I haven't gotten significant knee pain for over a month or two.

Today I went to kick the ball around with one of my best friends who knows about my surgery, and wow I felt much more agile than last update, and faster in my sprint, I was able to kick the ball harder and further with a bit more ease. I did a sprint test and compared with my good friend, who runs pretty fast because we both love soccer and would often go play soccer at a local park with our group of soccer lover friends, and he and I would be pretty much the same speed, I was maybe a bit more explosive at the beginning but his top speed was slightly faster than me (He's 5'11) so I timed myself and timed him on a 35Meter ish run ( not really sure, didn't measure) my best time: 4.90, his best time: 4.00 (he could've done better maybe 3.85) so already a good improvement that's 80% of his top speed, although almost a full second in such a short sprint is a big difference, I'm no longer the slowest person in the soccer pick up games lol. also I raced him and he totally left me in the dirt, he exploded significantly faster at the beginning of the spring and took like 3-4 fast steps and saw I wasn't catching up so he just finished with a fast jog, where as I was giving it my all. Enjoy the videos.

PS. Yes I still run funny and my legs kick back more crooked than they used to, the CLL made that more pronounced. I will be practicing more sprints and try to correct that to improve my speed.

my best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/ks9zrY2
friend's best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/N7F7Vh4
Race: https://imgur.com/a/JOyXvxv

Hoping once my rods are out and allows me to move better, lighter and more naturally the way I'd like... with consistency and practice I'll improve my sprints, enjoy fellas, keep going hard.
I dream the day I'll be able to kick the ball again.
Your improvement are great! Dude you're just 16 months after surgery 8cms, in addition you have still rods in.
I've noticed your particular "crossing-leg run" even before, but you're fast anyway. What about your quadriceps? Are you gaining mass there? Do you see any improvement about strenght in the muscle than before surgery due to more cell mass? I'm always very curious about this

Movie

« Reply #378 on: November 15, 2020, 04:32:58 PM »

Hopefully soon Tartar. I'm so happy and energized when I get to do it now!

I inspected further on why my leg cross each other behind me when I run, and I concluded it's because the rods making my leg have a specific trajectory and also muscle being not as flexible as before makes my leg turn sideways instead of pulling straight backwards, I'm sure If the rods were out I'd be able to kick back more straight and naturally because I feel the pressure on my hip screws when I try kicking straight back without crossing. Quads gaining mass and definition, I'm seeing the cuts and separation between the quad muscles much more now. I was definitely stronger pre-op in my legs, but I'm catching up soon.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Tartar

« Reply #379 on: November 15, 2020, 05:14:30 PM »

Probably it's a bad postural habits, btw screws are very bad expecially in the hip they are a curse in my opinion, so if i were you I wouldn't try to do too many things with the awareness that with the rods still in there's too much difference from a body free of them ;D
I'm always happy to see your updates because you're one of the few real sports person here, I think that football is the main sport to check your real overall athletic ability, reflexes, coordination, sprint, speed and so on.
Quadriceps it's probably the only thing that can improve after this surgery compared to before, at least for the strenght 8)

Movie

« Reply #380 on: November 19, 2020, 08:42:06 PM »

Thanks tartar, I agree soccer test's people's athleticism for sure
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Jackieeechan

« Reply #381 on: November 19, 2020, 08:56:18 PM »

Hey movie,
You have good recovery among all the diaries I have read.
Do you think it's worth it and are you happy with your current height?

las vegas baby

« Reply #382 on: November 22, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »

I think movie was ideal candidate for this

1. he was optimistic
2. he was hard working
3. he had support system with him
4. he is open about this with close friends and family. this is very important. Whats the point in doing all this and being ashamed about it? I thank members like movie and surgeons like Debiparsad and Mahboubia  for offering this procedure as an enhancement to ones life and not something only for "crazy" people. this is the way forward ladies and gents.

brokeboy

• Visitor
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2020, 01:01:25 AM »

Those sprints look good Movie! Hope when you get your rods removed you'll really be at 100, with that said you look like you're doing great currently, far more athletic than alot of people. 

Also just wanted to drop in your thread and say thanks for sharing your journey.  I honestly think your thread is like this forum's holy grail with all your videos.  Im sure your contributions helped alot of people here (lurkers like me also), it was my inspo to go thru with it so just wanted to give you my thanks, and thanks for answerin my dms a while back lol.

-brokeboy

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2020, 09:10:39 AM »

movie is the best movie is the best

after rod removal will be the bestest

congratulation that run look very good. hope u can haf fun playing soccer
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

184dream

« Reply #385 on: December 03, 2020, 01:06:51 PM »

movie hey man did you undergo biceps tendon recetion ?  did your md encourge such procedure ?

Movie

« Reply #386 on: December 03, 2020, 06:50:37 PM »

Wow my apologies for not replying to all you gentlemen,

@jackieeechan: Thanks ! I just do my best and take it day by day.
@brokeboy: Thanks brother, I'm hoping so! That's awesome, thanks for your kind words, I'm happy to help and serve as inspiration to some and be part of a great community.
@ghkid2019: Haha thanks bro!
@184dream: Didn't do anything to my biceps  ???
Nails removed 10/06/2021

184dream

« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »

the common believe is that with every cm there is 1 mm deviation eaing to valgus deformity what does your x ray say ? can you share it ?

another thing did dr mahoubian cut your biceps femoris tendon to ease the procedure i assume you confuse it with the biceps muscle

i know the pain had gone for you movie eventhough there maybe some that come and go am i right an if so where does it happens ?

184dream

« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2020, 04:46:35 PM »

movie did you get nail removed ?
i advice you to take vit d and magnesium supplement about two years i had a surgery with lingering pains lasting about a months i  mega dose one vit d and mg and my pain go away the thing is there was no physical reason for the pain with vit d and mg you prevent chronic pain syndrome from developing

MichaelJose

« Reply #389 on: January 03, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »

What's good Movie - how you feeling this new year? Can we get a quick update?

MichaelJose

« Reply #390 on: January 17, 2021, 11:47:14 PM »

You all good my guy? Just checking in

Movie

« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2021, 10:58:30 PM »

MichaleJose: Thanks for checking in bro, everything is going well, been going on jogs in the morning, been able to not sway my hips while jogging now for a little while, even though the metals are still in me which is a huge leap for me!
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Vibes

« Reply #392 on: January 20, 2021, 03:05:16 AM »

MichaleJose: Thanks for checking in bro, everything is going well, been going on jogs in the morning, been able to not sway my hips while jogging now for a little while, even though the metals are still in me which is a huge leap for me!

Roughly 1.5 years after surgery and now able to jog with no gait issues...incredible!

This might be a weird question, did you find the recovery to be the same as you expected? Or slower/quicker than you expected?

It seems some patients recovery quickly and others don't and it's so hard to know the reason for each.

Dreamer57

« Reply #393 on: January 28, 2021, 09:21:19 PM »

Hey man....how r you...how's covid situation there..
It's been so many days that we haven't see a video update....what's happened to all of you ppl...common let's request legen Movie to put out a video....I'm personally badly wanna see a video update, especially since you got the rods out....wait u got the rods out or u haven't yet...not really sure.... anyways , wishing you all the best.... eagerly waiting for a video update!

Bantem

« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2021, 07:29:44 AM »

Hasn't it been more than 1 year since you did the surgery, so shouldn't you have had the rods removed by now? Also have you ran more than mile after your surgery? If so what was your time?

Quad Stryde

• Visitor
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2021, 10:42:46 PM »

S'up Movie,

Thank you for doing this diary bro, it has helped me out so much.
In your opinion, do you think it would be better for me to do a Quadrilateral lengthening 5+5cm? I am not too bothered about the extra 2cm (will gladly take them though) for me it's more so about proportions and breaking it up to manage it better considering how everyone seems to be saying that the problems come after 6cm, etc?

I hope you're doing good and wish you luck

Dreamer57

« Reply #396 on: March 08, 2021, 11:54:48 PM »

Hey, bt have you considered the proportions of upper body to the lower body?

MichaelJose

« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2021, 11:27:01 PM »

Mr Movie - what is the latest bro - hows things?

Movie

« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2021, 07:17:09 AM »

Vibes: Thanks for the support man!

Dreamer57: I'm good Dreamer, covid situation.. well it is what it is \_('-.-)_/. I still have the rods in, but now I really want to get them out due to this whole Stryde nail Recall stuff. but yes update coming soon

SPhantom: it has been more than a year, and yes in a perfect world I would've already had my rods out but... covid. I did run more than a mile since at around 8 months post op I did 1.8 miles in 16:30, and I wasn't even training conditioning, to the contrary I was focusing on bulking and gaining muscle ... gained 35 lbs from pre-op weight.

Quad Stryde: Hello! my pleasure(: If it's solely due to proportions then yes 5+5 is better, but there's many other factors to consider, do you like sports? do you have the money? time for two surgeries? ... yes it gets a bit hard after 6cm but I didn't find it a major inconvenience/challenge personally, It was fine. I opted for 8CM for maximum return on investment and because I still want to have some athletic ability.

MichaelJose: Things are great bro! Update coming soon.

Nails removed 10/06/2021

Nestor

« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2021, 11:55:01 AM »

Hey Movie, glad to hear you're doing well. I'm on the same boat, really want to get the nails out soon because of what Azman discovered about the rust/corrosion, but damn covid is making things difficult. Will you request to get your nails back too? Wonder if there is any blood test that would show up any issues, maybe it's too difficult to detect

Bantem

« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2021, 09:16:34 PM »

Vibes: Thanks for the support man!

SPhantom: it has been more than a year, and yes in a perfect world I would've already had my rods out but... covid. I did run more than a mile since at around 8 months post op I did 1.8 miles in 16:30, and I wasn't even training conditioning, to the contrary I was focusing on bulking and gaining muscle ... gained 35 lbs from pre-op weight.
Wow that's a great time. I am trying to become a police officer in the future and I need to run 1.5 miles in 15 mins so this was something important for me. I currently don't meet the height requirement so I am planning on doing LL for that. When you ran your mile was it with the rods in?

Quad Stryde

• Visitor
« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2021, 08:26:50 PM »

It's both about proportions and somewhat athletic ability, I'm by no means an overly athletic person, I play golf and aim for a fitness model type of physique, full-body weight training workout 3 times a week, and the Stairmaster/swimming being my main forms of cardio, I don't even like to run... I do however have disproportionality large calves due to wearing shoe lifts for years, haha. I also like to dance, tango, salsa, etc... I was worried about lengthening affecting that, but there are seniors who have had hip replacements and all sorts who can dance as if they were as fit and young as me, so... who knows.
I had it in my head that doing 5cm in each segment, 3 weeks apart, would result in a faster healing time as well as more likely to get as close to pre-surgery "normal" as possible. There's also the factor that 8cm is not guaranteed in everyone.
Money is, fortunately, no issue and in regards to time, again... I thought doing both just three weeks apart and only to 5cm would be around the same time frame as an 8cm lengthening, maybe even faster overall when taking consolidation into account?

How long did it take for you to fully consolidate?

Thanks.

Movie

« Reply #402 on: April 06, 2021, 05:21:02 AM »

Happy to report I finally scored again at the soccer pick up games for the first time in almost 2 years haha I have not been going consistently at all but my legs are able to last more in the sprints/jogs that soccer requires, also I'm able to change direction a bit better, more stable and faster than I did last time I went to play. I can kind of keep up now with the people I used to play against, and my technique is decent still that doesn't disappear. I'm stoked! I'd say I'm at 80% of my previous speed now I feel lighter now can't to see how I'll feel once my nails are out.
Nails removed 10/06/2021
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up