Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't fixate on proportions, It is a total waste of time!  (Read 2294 times)

6CMFemurs

Don't fixate on proportions, It is a total waste of time!
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:47:04 PM »

One of the biggest lessons I learned from having this operation. Nobody in the real world cares about or notices proportions. Just lengthen under 5 inches or so and you will be fine. Wingspan/upper to lower body ratio etc it's all a waste of time, and this obsession with photoshop and rating each other is clearly a sign of body dysmorphia. The point of this surgery is not how to change the way you look, so you look perfect, the goal is to change your perspective/vantage point from which you look at the world.

I did 6 CM on my femurs and dress in the same tight fitting shirts I did before and always straight leg pants, I promise you nobody has ever even thought twice about it, and people don't even believe me when I tell them. If I had done another 5/6 CM on Tibia or 8 on Femur to begin with nobody would notice. Stop wasting your time and making yourselves crazy.

tiggy

Re: Don't fixate on proportions, It is a total waste of time!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 09:57:18 PM »

One of the biggest lessons I learned from having this operation. Nobody in the real world cares about or notices proportions. Just lengthen under 5 inches or so and you will be fine. Wingspan/upper to lower body ratio etc it's all a waste of time, and this obsession with photoshop and rating each other is clearly a sign of body dysmorphia. The point of this surgery is not how to change the way you look, so you look perfect, the goal is to change your perspective/vantage point from which you look at the world.

I did 6 CM on my femurs and dress in the same tight fitting shirts I did before and always straight leg pants, I promise you nobody has ever even thought twice about it, and people don't even believe me when I tell them. If I had done another 5/6 CM on Tibia or 8 on Femur to begin with nobody would notice. Stop wasting your time and making yourselves crazy.

100% true. Sadly, regardless of how much many people on this site read this, they will still post messages asking others to rate their proportions. Such is human nature, often disturbingly stubborn! 

otavio

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:26:54 AM »

most people even don't know that this surgery exists.

Iron_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 01:41:56 AM »

People don’t notice disproportion until it becomes apparent.
I think no one will notice 5-6 centimeters. 10-12 will notice a small number of people.
But 15-20 many people will notice, at least, due to short arms

6CMFemurs

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 02:16:20 AM »

I don't know anybody who thinks you should do 15-20 CM. 12-13 CM is pushing it in general, more so because of the damage you are doing to your body than the proportions.

Iron_Man

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 05:32:57 AM »

I don't know anybody who thinks you should do 15-20 CM. 12-13 CM is pushing it in general, more so because of the damage you are doing to your body than the proportions.

This is logical.  The greater the lengthening, the greater the risk of problems.  But you talked about proportions in this topic.  So, show the man who, after lengthening by 12-13 cm, looks proportionaly.  It's hard for me to imagine.  For example, when I was making a 12 (6+6) cm mock up , it looked bad, especially without clothes. Hands and torso were too short.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 06:05:17 AM »

@Ironman, I met a dude who did 10 CM and I didn't notice anything. You look at people in the eyes and I think it would be hard to tell if you weren't looking for it. Either way, the psychological benefit of this surgery is not the cosmetic effect it will have on your body, it is feeling yourself physically growing taller and seeing the difference in the world around you before and after. TBH I can't remember what it felt like to be 6 CM shorter 5 years ago, it feels like another person. I am rapidly approaching the point where I have been taller for more of my adult life than my original height.

Ghostfish

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 07:21:11 AM »

This is logical.  The greater the lengthening, the greater the risk of problems.  But you talked about proportions in this topic.  So, show the man who, after lengthening by 12-13 cm, looks proportionaly.  It's hard for me to imagine.  For example, when I was making a 12 (6+6) cm mock up , it looked bad, especially without clothes. Hands and torso were too short.
It is because you already know that you lengthened your body and care about your proportion from the moment you made mockups.  However, ppl outside will not care about each and every one's proportion.  Even your close friends and family will not care about your proportion.  Of course, they will notice that you become taller if you do CLL.  That is a major problem you need to deal with, namely how to keep your CLL in secret to all the ppl who know you.

Iron_Man

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 02:47:38 PM »

You are right, but I think it all depends on the original height. For example, if a man has 5’2-5’3 somewhere in Europe and wants to reach acceptable 5’7-5’8, that makes sense. In this case, the final growth will be more important than proportions.
But if a man already has 5'8, which, although acceptable, is still below average, then probably you should go to 5'11 and still be proportionate than go to 6'0-6'1, but be less proportional

short

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 03:38:39 PM »

agree.
However if someone only lengthen one segment it seems logical that it affects your biomechanics negatively, inseam/femur-ratio is around 0.8.
Pages: [1]   Go Up