Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: life time complication  (Read 2544 times)

afaq379006

life time complication
« on: August 13, 2019, 04:17:45 PM »

a freind of mine did 8 cm tibias from paley institute with precise 2. he went from 165 cm to 173cm. now he is saying that his legs hurts when he walks for more than one minute. and he also says that maybe he will have this pain all his life. like how can someone have pain in his legs all his life this is ridiculous plus this also  proved that paley patients also have complications now imagen doing this surgery in thirld world countries.

Steffan

• Visitor
Re: life time complication
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 12:29:24 AM »

People are idiots and greedy who the surgery. I know that 8cm sounds lovely, but you have to imagine the bone is not the problem during that process, its what's surrounding the bone that has to be stretched. For the the lower leg for instance imagine the muscles that connect to the Achilles muscle, which will be affected hugely.   So in all honesty, people need to understand that lengthening 5cm -6cm is all that should be done. People should also not underestimate that 5-6cm is nothing!! 

Ghostfish

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 05:42:18 AM »

a freind of mine did 8 cm tibias from paley institute with precise 2. he went from 165 cm to 173cm. now he is saying that his legs hurts when he walks for more than one minute. and he also says that maybe he will have this pain all his life. like how can someone have pain in his legs all his life this is ridiculous plus this also  proved that paley patients also have complications now imagen doing this surgery in thirld world countries.
When did he do lengthening?

BladeRunner

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »

i did 5.5cm femur stryde.

im 5.5 month post op.
no pain anywhere. can walk kilometers after kilometers!

i have been cleared to start running and jumping, we will see how it goes!

8 cm is not recommended, not even for femurs let alone tibias.

afaq379006

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 10:52:18 AM »

how much everything costs you? and i dont think so 5.5 is enough. the more you lenghten the more it looks good.

afaq379006

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 10:53:17 AM »

i dont know exact date but he just removed his nails  few months ago

Kenda

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 01:43:11 PM »

paley did 8 cm tibias?
alright why did this friend of yours not do Femurs!!

afaq379006

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 07:49:33 PM »

femurs dont look good. but the more bigger the tibias the better it looks. plus its also proves that paley is not so supreme they are also hiding lots of facts and figure from people

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 08:08:38 PM »

femurs dont look good. but the more bigger the tibias the better it looks. plus its also proves that paley is not so supreme they are also hiding lots of facts and figure from people
How long ago did your friend lengthening? Are you even sure he's fully consolidated?

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 08:49:19 PM »

I'm sorry.... this doesn't prove anything bad about Doctor ... Paley..
you statements don't prove nothing unless you can provide sufficient proof...

You say your friend had surgery.. a few months ago ? You clearly don't even know when ?

I'm advising you to not to discredit a great doctor without sufficient proof  👆🏼

MrJames

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2019, 06:21:09 AM »

8cm tibia? how?

A lot of people says, Dr. Paley max 5-6cm for tibia.

Did he choose tibia only visually? (show longer than femur)

afaq379006

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 07:31:59 AM »

my freind did surgery 2 years ago his rod removal surgery was few months ago.  he is fully consolidated . he is walking normally.  now ask from paley why did u do that 8 cm on tibias.

MrJames

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 10:40:58 PM »

my freind did surgery 2 years ago his rod removal surgery was few months ago.  he is fully consolidated . he is walking normally.  now ask from paley why did u do that 8 cm on tibias.

I'm thinking of having surgery, but I can't decide whether to tibia or femur.

Everyone in the forum says max 5-6 cm for tibia.

afaq379006

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »

you can go for tibias and 6 cm is good for tibias too. femurs doesnt look good. why will u spend thousands of dollars for 7 or 8 cm tibias and will get a lifetiime complication of pain in legs you cant do anything normal if u get any complication it will ruin your life. if i waned to do it i wont exceed my limit .

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »

you can go for tibias and 6 cm is good for tibias too. femurs doesnt look good. why will u spend thousands of dollars for 7 or 8 cm tibias and will get a lifetiime complication of pain in legs you cant do anything normal if u get any complication it will ruin your life. if i waned to do it i wont exceed my limit .

Femurs .... don't look good?????   Femurs are the safest... compared tibias....   
Afaq .... you seriously need to do some research!

MrJames

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 05:44:48 PM »

Femurs .... don't look good?????   Femurs are the safest... compared tibias....   
Afaq .... you seriously need to do some research!

I'm confused :)

Which is better femur? tibia? for lifetime health.

short

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 07:02:45 PM »

femur internal with stryde

Activatedx

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 07:19:39 PM »

I doubt your friend did 8cm on tibias with paley
Paley refuses to do even 6cm a lot of times and everyone knows 5-6cm is the MAX safe limit. If it is true which I don’t think it is, it is his fault for doing 8cm on tibias without spending 5 minutes on researching what is safe and what isn’t

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 07:47:03 PM »

I doubt your friend did 8cm on tibias with paley
Paley refuses to do even 6cm a lot of times and everyone knows 5-6cm is the MAX safe limit. If it is true which I don’t think it is, it is his fault for doing 8cm on tibias without spending 5 minutes on researching what is safe and what isn’t

I have to agree with you Activated ... paley would definitely play under the ... correct rules and not advise to over lengthen

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 07:53:02 PM »

I'm confused :)

Which is better femur? tibia? for lifetime health.

Femurs... definitely... as long as you use the Stryde...
you will be in safe hands if you go to America and get the Stryde done ...

afaq379006

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 03:23:14 AM »

paley is hiding some kind of truth believe it or not is your choice. we dont have any solid proof of 100 percent recovery all we have is some random pics and random vedios of people

Activatedx

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 10:58:01 PM »

paley is hiding some kind of truth believe it or not is your choice. we dont have any solid proof of 100 percent recovery all we have is some random pics and random vedios of people

As a former avid athlete - swimmer, wrestler, martial artist
I care more about social status now as an adult. I would be satisfied with being able to walk and jog normal. If I can’t sprint 100% as fast as I used to that is not really an issue to me. I exercise regularly to stay in good shape and health but I have no other physical pursuits. Personally I think a lot of people here are in the same circle as me

My main concern besides being able to jog and walk normal is not being able to fight as good, but everything comes with compromise. I don’t really, mostly grapple and throws which uses mainly core and lower body strength

afaq379006

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 08:18:25 AM »

you are right. but i think i should atleast 5 more years so that paley introduce some high technology better than strydes. and those who had done this surgery in 2010 onward will give me some advice that how they are doing after 1 years later

verticalpush

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 08:53:45 PM »

you are right. but i think i should atleast 5 more years so that paley introduce some high technology better than strydes. and those who had done this surgery in 2010 onward will give me some advice that how they are doing after 1 years later

I think all of us who do LL understand that the technology is always going to improve. I'm certain that 5 years from now there will be something even more advanced than Stryde. Maybe 10 years from now you'll only need 1 month to reach 3 inches? While I can't speak for everyone else, I think those of us who did it earlier with the (then) older technology still won't have any regrets. Having the extra 5-10 years at our goal height and going through life with all the benefits that come with that height makes it worth it. I look back at the past 5 years of my life and know if I did the surgery then I'd be paying more money and the recovery would be much more difficult than it was with Stryde, but who knows how different my life would have panned out? If I could go back in time, I'd have done it sooner.

The point is, if you're really serious about doing this then there's no time like the present.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 09:45:37 PM »

According to my surgeon, this is one of the reasons why lengthening too much can result in multiple problems that can take years to correct (this was from 4 years ago and he has since then performed multiple purely internal surgeries):

LL Forum: For cosmetic tibial lengthening it is said that you recommend a maximum 6 cm of distraction.
Why is it not recommended to distract beyond this amount and what could the long-term problems be for those who lengthen beyond that?
Is this limit the same for cosmetic femur lengthening via external or internal methods?

Dr Parihar: The general experience, and my own experience has been that after 5 cms, people start having trouble with more pain, difficulty to exercise their muscles, and start developing deformities such as equinus (ballerina) and flexion of the knee. Muscles can stretch to a point (like a rubber band), but beyond that point they lose their elasticity (and become like a rope). Initially muscle stretch keeps pace with the increase in length of the bone, beyond 5 cms the muscles are not stretching enough to keep pace with the bone lengthening. They then pull on whatever bone/joint they are attached to and cause deformities which are very difficult to stretch out with physio, and require surgery. One of the earliest patients that I treated (for cosmetic lengthening), was distracting at home, away from Mumbai, under the care of his local orthopaedic surgeon. He had been told very clearly that only 6 cms is appropriate. He was hell bent on 8 cm. He continued lengthening without informing me or the local surgeon (who was supposed to do the followup). He developed severe equinus, which did not resolve despite two years of physio. He finally accepted my advice and agreed for a surgical correction (percutaneous TA release). As a consequence of the equinus, he could not bear weight properly, which in turn created problems in the bone healing. He was fine ultimately, but went thru 2 years of hell, unnecessarily, in my opinion. After that experience, all patients are required to stay in Mumbai for the lengthening period.

In the case of femoral lengthening, a longer lengthening may be possible, because it's surrounded by muscle (unlike the tibia where there are less muscles and more tendons - comparatively speaking). Having said that, external lengthening on the femur tends to cause more problems with muscle scarring and consequent stiffness, compared to the tibia, precisely because the femur is surrounded by muscle. So what one gains in length, one may lose in terms of function. This is the primary reason why most surgeons would not do external femoral lengthening for CLL.

Internal vs External - I have no experience yet with purely internal lengthening, so I cannot say for sure. However, it's a reasonable deduction that internal lengthening in the tibia would not be much different. I would expect that internal lengthening of the tibia would have the same or similar problems beyond 6 cms, which is probably why most internal CLL is done in the femur as it allows for a greater latitude. Being internal, the downside of muscle scarring is avoided.

Original Post: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2783.msg43784#msg43784
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

7 rings

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2019, 06:03:51 AM »

i did 5.5cm femur stryde.

im 5.5 month post op.
no pain anywhere. can walk kilometers after kilometers!

i have been cleared to start running and jumping, we will see how it goes!

8 cm is not recommended, not even for femurs let alone tibias.
The thigh is lengthened according to the anatomical axis

Your femur is 5.5cm longer

How much have you grown in height

Thank you for your answer

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2019, 10:26:49 AM »

Technology will move on ... but the Stryde will stay as it's the safest at the moment...
I don't think new nail will come out to replace the Stryde...

afaq379006

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2019, 03:21:59 PM »

if i had money i would bribe paley to do my surgery tomorrow but you know money is the biggest problem. i am so desperate to feel some height when i do surgery. sometime i wonder only elites can do it quickly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up