Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exercising while lengthening  (Read 417 times)

jayes

• Visitor
Exercising while lengthening
« on: August 14, 2019, 02:23:35 AM »

Since you have reduced mobility while lengthening, do people tend to gain weight?  Or is the PT enough of a work out to keep you from getting overweight? Almost all cardio activities involve the legs in some way.  I can't think of too many upper body only cardio activities.  What's been people's experience? I know it's only for a year but I have such low metabolism that I can see myself ballooning in no time.

JsElysianEagle

Re: Exercising while lengthening
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 02:34:49 AM »

1) It's not for a whole year, if you do the Stryde for instance, you can be sufficiently mobile in a few months to the point where you can go the gym at least somewhat often

2) During the entire process (lengthening + consolidation) of course you won't be back to 100% but you can still do enough upper body exercises, and perhaps, depending on your individual state, even some cardio, from around the 30-45 day mark onwards

3) Weight maintenance is as much (and perhaps even more) about proper diet than exercise, so as long as you don't let your eating habits go to s***, you should be able to keep your weight under control

Ghostfish

Re: Exercising while lengthening
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 05:47:10 AM »

At least during lengthening, you will lose some weight although you will be less mobile and active.  Most of ppl, perhaps not all, during lengthening will lose weight.  I lost about 20 pounds during lengthening, while I had hard time to lose weight before lengthening.  I actually gained some weight back after lengthening.
I don't know exactly why ppl lose weight.  But, I guess it may be because lengthening requires so much energy from body to handle all kind of things although you are not doing exercise.  Plus, ppl also lose some appetite and digestion during lengthening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up