Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why don't limb lengthening surgeons offer monthly installments or layaway?  (Read 7749 times)

Cannibal

They could get a lot more business if they allowed to to make monthly payments on your surgery after they've done it on you, or even had a layaway program where you could pay them monthly until you've paid for the cost of the surgery, at which point they'll operate on you. It would be much easier than paying one lump sum. Why isn't there any doctor that does this?
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Hanna84

Simply because the doctors must also pay for the surgery-room, hospital, anaesthesist, internal or external device, medication, etc.

And of course there would always be the risk, that the patient doesn't pay back and the doctor would have to dangle after the patient.

If you want to pay monthly, why don't use a credit?
Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014 Achieved: 9cm :-)  New height: 1,67cm :-)

Disobedient

Just get a loan from bank it's same idea.. You'd have to pay with some interest of course

programdude

I don't really think this is something you should go into debt for, but to each their own.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Cannibal

The debt is the biggest reason why I don't want to take a loan out for this. But then again I want to play pro hockey cuz I used to be on the hockey team in college but I need to be taller if I want a better shot in the pros. If I can gain two inches and be 6'1 then that would set me up for my goal.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Because limb lengthening for cosmetic purposes is considered a luxury service.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Europa

The debt is the biggest reason why I don't want to take a loan out for this. But then again I want to play pro hockey cuz I used to be on the hockey team in college but I need to be taller if I want a better shot in the pros. If I can gain two inches and be 6'1 then that would set me up for my goal.

You're basically claiming that anyone under 6' is a Manlet and yet at 5'11 you want to break your legs to play professional sports. You're even more of a simpleton than I assumed you would be. Prepare for a hard reality check when you'll (if you ever) do leg lengthening.

gettingtaller

Lol. The best way to become   at your sport is to go through LL.
Did internal femurs with Prof. Betz in February 2014.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

gettingtaller

As a businessman myself, I only offer credit where there is security e.g. The customer has an office with lots of computers that I can claim and then sell to recover my costs and initial credit if they don't repay. Individuals that can't afford LL probably have little security to back up the credit so I'd be crazy to loan the money, on top of that you're at the mercy of people that may leave your country - the cost of recovery then quadruples.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

galaxy1

The only thing a surgeon will do is refer you to a finance company.

Moubgf

They could get a lot more business if they allowed to to make monthly payments on your surgery after they've done it on you, or even had a layaway program where you could pay them monthly until you've paid for the cost of the surgery, at which point they'll operate on you. It would be much easier than paying one lump sum. Why isn't there any doctor that does this?

You know that the doctors take 60% straight into their pockets right?.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Dr. Birkholtz said he was only clearing a few grand per surgery; that most of the money went to the hospital.

Cannibal

You're basically claiming that anyone under 6' is a Manlet and yet at 5'11 you want to break your legs to play professional sports. You're even more of a simpleton than I assumed you would be. Prepare for a hard reality check when you'll (if you ever) do leg lengthening.

Reality check of what? In a Western country you're just about guaranteed a full recovery if you listen to your doctor's advice. Considering limb lengthening has a 99% success rate (at least in the West) then training to get into pro hockey after I recover would not be a problem especially with my strong background in it. Maybe you should do more research before criticizing man.

BilateralDamage

In a Western country you're just about guaranteed a full recovery if you listen to your doctor's advice.

False.

Considering limb lengthening has a 99% success rate (at least in the West) then training to get into pro hockey after I recover would not be a problem especially with my strong background in it. Maybe you should do more research before criticizing man.

Has no idea what he's talking about.

Cannibal

False.
According to who? Limb lengthening is an extremely safe procedure, provided you do it in the West and not in some third world country.

Has no idea what he's talking about.

Oh really? In that consultation you posted with Dr Paley he made it very clear that you would make a full recovery even with all those releases needing to be done.

BilateralDamage

According to who? Limb lengthening is an extremely safe procedure, provided you do it in the West and not in some third world country.

Oh really? In that consultation you posted with Dr Paley he made it very clear that you would make a full recovery even with all those releases needing to be done.

LL is a safe procedure?!  Oh god, what am I reading  :o

I think you need to do a lot more reading on the forums.  I will never reach a full athletic recovery, especially after I do 2 surgeries. But I'm okay with that.  However, if you're going into this with the mindset that this will jump start your professional hockey career... There's not much that can be said for you but to read the forums and truly understand what a physically extreme procedure this is, and how we're lucky to even be running at all after it.

gettingtaller

LL is a safe procedure?!  Oh god, what am I reading  :o

I think you need to do a lot more reading on the forums.  I will never reach a full athletic recovery, especially after I do 2 surgeries. But I'm okay with that.  However, if you're going into this with the mindset that this will jump start your professional hockey career... There's not much that can be said for you but to read the forums and truly understand what a physically extreme procedure this is, and how we're lucky to even be running at all after it.

I wouldn't go as far as cannibal, but I would say that a good surgeon + internals = a lot safer than externals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up