Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me out here - proportions query  (Read 1534 times)

james696969

Help me out here - proportions query
« on: September 02, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »

I'm really worried that I'll look off if I lengthen at all due to my already longish legs so I'd like a final opinion on a better mockup at 5'9". Should I not do it?
https://imgur.com/MZRZHSj

Sitting height: ~85 cm
Inseam: 30-31"
Winspan: 5'10"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 12:57:57 PM by james696969 »

Infinity

Re: Help me out here - proportions query
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 06:21:56 PM »

The femur do look a bit long. And your upper body seems less than 85 cm. If your sitting height is indeed 85 cm than you should lengthen till 175 cm easily. What is is your current height?

james696969

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 06:44:55 PM »

The femur do look a bit long. And your upper body seems less than 85 cm. If your sitting height is indeed 85 cm than you should lengthen till 175 cm easily. What is is your current height?

5'6" and I'm sure my sitting height is around 85, did it with a measuring tape. Perhaps the angle is bad. Another mockups I previously made: https://prnt.sc/ordz8t
https://prnt.sc/ogllmv

Infinity

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 10:28:40 PM »

Visually your torso looks quite small, i would suggest to get someone else measure your sitting height. Another way to measure is to measure from floor to your pubic bone and than minus this from your total height. whats remaining will be your upper body. If you still get sitting height of 85 cm than go ahead and get yourself 7 cm you desire> or could be that your have short torso but big head/neck that artificially accentuates your sitting height inspite of having a shortish torso?

james696969

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 11:26:21 PM »

That gives me about 86 cm, so close enough. Yes I do have a long neck and I always considered my torso short but oddly when I measure it it's around 18" which is supposed to be average.

Iron_Man

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 11:32:56 PM »

How old are you?  Maybe your spine will still grow a few centimeters.  Also, it seems to me the photo was taken from below and this visually makes your legs longer.

james696969

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 11:34:47 PM »

I'm 16 but haven't grown in a year so preparing myself for worst case scenario. My dad's about an inch taller and my paternal family averages on 5'8ish. It indeed was taken from below but I'm not sure if it made much of a difference in how it looks.

Iron_Man

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 11:59:54 PM »

To be honest, your legs look unnaturally long after lengthenning of 7 cm.  Maybe until you are 16, you should try to inject growth hormone.  It may also be worth doing various stretching exercises and swimming.  At least if I were 16, I would try.
You always have time to do the operation, but you don’t have enough time to grow naturally

james696969

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 07:49:37 AM »

What would you say about 4+4 each a year apart? I think it would be better for the proportions and recovery, the cost being a downside. Here's 4 cm femurs and 4 cm tibs https://prnt.sc/p12n6v

Iron_Man

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 02:10:21 AM »

This mockup looks better.
Past mockup was worse, the femurs seemed too long. Although, maybe it's because of shorter pants.
In general, I think you need to gain muscle mass to reduce the "effect of leggy".

TouchingTheSky

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 05:46:22 AM »

I think you should wait until you're 19/20.  I believe the torso keeps growing a little bit after the legs stop growing.  Even if your torso doesn't grow you should bulk up your shoulders to give some mass to your torso.

Infinity

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 07:05:25 AM »

I'm 16 but haven't grown in a year so preparing myself for worst case scenario. My dad's about an inch taller and my paternal family averages on 5'8ish. It indeed was taken from below but I'm not sure if it made much of a difference in how it looks.

Dude you should forget about LL atleast for another 4 years. Eat and train well and perhaps consider growth hormone therapy. Many guys can still grow even in their early twenties, specially their upper bodies.

You still have time so maximize all other avenues before consider a surgery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up