Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: STRYDE Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian!!!  (Read 7748 times)

E Z

STRYDE Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian!!!
« on: September 06, 2019, 09:16:04 PM »

Just had my surgery, and before I start, I'd like to prefice this post with a huge shoutout to InFullStryde and Movie who have been a tremendous inspiration and help with their Dr. Mahboubian diaries. Extremely comforting reading and watching  their experiences with this amazing doctor, and it made choosing him that much easier. I'd love to meet/talk one of these days!

Also obviously all the LL veterans, it feels like I've read every diary on here lol! I thank you for your amazing service to this community

Let me start off with some stats: 25 year old male, 5'5.5 (night height) with an 8 CM goal.

Before surgery prep: So you're supposed to cut all food and water by midnight so almost 8 hours before my surgery(my arrival time was 5:30 am to the hospital, surgery started at 7:30 AM). I've read of people feeling nauseous after waking up from anesthesia, and I thought what the hell im just gonnna cut food and water for 24 hours instead of before midnight and let's see what happens. I thought I was a genius until I stood up after the surgery. Lollll

Day 1 Surgery: So I get out of surgery and it was just a blur. i was greeted by a physical therapist not even an hour or two later. She had me try and move my legs a bit, but I was as stiff as a board. I had No pain really at a standstill, but it was like a 20/10 when doing even a simple movement.

I pushed thru the pain and with her help, finally got my right leg to move a little from left to right. We did that about 5 times, and it was like shaking the cobwebs off my leg. It was definitely really fking painful, but it was necessary to get rid of how stiff my leg was. Time for my left leg now, and it feels like my left leg was a bit worse off. I couldn't do anything without her help on that leg, the pain was just to much. Eventually the stiffness went away a bit and I did some half ass reps and we moved on.

We then did 5 knee bends, my left leg again needed a lot more assistance. My pain level thruout these excersices was between 8-9 levels

My PT then asked if I can sit on the edge of the bed... i went into this surgery prepared to never say no to something before trying. But Jesus Christ, when she asked me to try I was close to saying no. I was really nauseous and groggy, and the pain was intense with even the tiniest of movements.  But I said fk it and pushed thru all that   and did it. Again, pain levels were thru the fkn roof, but I was on the edge of the bed, and the stiffness went away.

Now, I got this far, I was actually getting kind of excited. It's walker time baby. I pushed myself off the bed and got up on the walker comfortably, took llike 6-7 steps and sat back down. Felt like a crwckhead on PCP getting punched in the balls and just pushing thru the pain. I got back in bed and was given two norcos (maybe I should've taken those beforehand?) lol oh well.

I slept great thruout day 1, until I had to piss. Getting up out of bed and into a walker to piss fking sucks. Extremely painful but gotta do it. I can't piss laying down. So I finally get up hold the urinal and nothing comes out for literally 10 minutes. I read about IFS's experience with a straight catheter and no thank you. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I really didn't want to go thru with that. Nurse said I had like 12 hours to piss or something, so I tried again A couple hours later and pissed out half a urinal. I had to literally force it out like I was taking a poop but it came out. Felt relieved but Im on day 2 now and I've had to literally force my piss out like a turd.

That's it for now. Any questions feel free to ask I get discharged tommorow morning

wannagrowtaller

Re: STRYDE Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:21:00 PM »

Hi EZ. Good luck to you in your journey.
Do you feel 8-9 pain only when you are walking/doing exercise or all the time?
Go for it

E Z

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:25:57 PM »

@wannagrowtaller

Pain is tolerable when in bed at a standstill, however any movement/excersise really hurts and is a bit unbearable if you don't have a high pain tolerance.

E Z

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:18 PM »

Forgot to meition I'm currently on Day 2 and i took at least 100 steps with my walker today with the hospital PT.. Pain level while walking was 6-7. Tried to weight bare as much as I could and take normal walking steps. Had to catch myself a couple times putting on to much weight, that really fking hurts lol.

Forgot to mention I'm 145 pounds, not sure what nail Dr. M actually used, but I remember him mentioning he's going to use the one with 140 lb baring capabilities during the consult. Not sure what size that is

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 09:46:23 PM »

Are you taking pain meds? I think this will go away in the next days, than it will become much better.
Go for it

E Z

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 10:17:58 PM »

Are you taking pain meds? I think this will go away in the next days, than it will become much better.
I have been taking norcos only, and was taken off the morphine a couple hours ago.

InFullStryde

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 11:33:32 PM »

Good-luck, EZ! Thanks for the shout out, man.  This journey will be over before you know it.  I'm 9 month post up and loving my new 3 inches and so will you!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
In Full STRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered! I am WALKING again and training hard.
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671.0

Movie

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 11:40:52 PM »

Yooo E Z appreciate the Shout out & congrats bro! so far similar to my experience haha feel free to HMU on PM's ... keep pushing through, I have the same mentality, I don't say no before trying it, that's how you progress, just try and be safe about it. brace yourself because the hardest part is yet to come, but around week 3-4 you'll feel a lot better, at least I did. rooting for you, lets get it!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

E Z

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 12:09:47 AM »

Thank u guys!

When were you able to sit on a toilet without a commode?

Movie

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 12:12:11 AM »

Heck no! your quads are not as flexible at first and you're still suffering from surgery trauma and tightness there and just pain in general to be able to sit down without a commode, I remember it was very painful just to sit on the commode to do that... I just started sitting on the toilet without a commode after the 3rd week and it was a bit of a struggle, I'm on week 5 and now it's much easier.
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

E Z

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 12:15:56 AM »

Heck no! your quads are not as flexible at first and you're still suffering from surgery trauma and tightness there and just pain in general to be able to sit down without a commode, I remember it was very painful just to sit on the commode to do that... I just started sitting on the toilet without a commode after the 3rd week and it was a bit of a struggle, I'm on week 5 and now it's much easier.
Yeah definitely not looking forward to the day I have to take a dumpI tried sitting on the hospital commode just to test it out and it was a pretty tough time lol

E Z

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 02:46:41 AM »

Morphine starting to wear off and my standstill pain is at a 6. Hopefully I feel better when I discharge tomm

E Z

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 12:46:54 AM »

walking on the walker is fairly easy. Knee bends have been extremely painful and difficult though.. my left leg especially. hopefully that gets better soon? Day 4 now, Standstill pain is easy to manage.

Anyone have any insight on when that gets a bit better?

TheAlchemist

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 02:24:52 AM »

Awesome diary E Z. Rooting for you bro. I have my procedure for STRYDE femurs on 9/17. Will definitely be reading your diary and taking notes!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: Sep 17 2019 / Distraction completed: Dec 14 2019
Starting height: 5'9 or 175cm / Ending Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

E Z

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 02:42:07 AM »

Good luck brotha! Let me know if you have any questions

E Z

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 02:40:27 AM »

Overview of my first 8 days
-Walking on the walker is fairly easy, but my left leg is a bit bothersome. It's just not as smooth as the right one. Subtle improvements Day by day though

-I still can't out of bed without assistance. IFS mentioned to scoot your body up straight out of bed, which is a great suggestion. Getting out and lifting your legs and doing it the traditional way is out of reach for me right now.

-my quads are extremely tight, knee bends are extremely painful. Other than that though, my glutes, hamstrings, hips feel awesome.

-I struggle with sitting normally on ANYTHING dude to my tight quads. It's just really uncomfortable on my legs unless they're obviously flat on a bed/couch.

-Taking a crap is an awful experience. I literally can't sit on the commode due to my quad tightness that I mentioned. I've figured out a way though. I lean back, put both my hands on the side rails, squat a bit to just touch the surface without actually sitting down, make sure I'm in the middle, and hold myself up and just let it all out. It's kind of a modified tricep dip and it does take a bit of strength but it's working amazingly for me thank god. Whatever works I guess lol.

Pain is virtually nonexistent to be honest on my 8th day unless you're moving/daily activities

I have started lengthening today and hopefully I'm doing it right lol. We'll find out in 2 weeks.

Movie

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 03:17:37 AM »

This is all similar to my experience bro, the quads will loosen up eventually that's just something you're dealing with due to surgery trauma.

what I did to make the commode a more pleasant experience was find something I can use to put my feet on top of like a little stool so my femurs are not pressing down on the commode's seat so hard, just my butt.

congrats on your first lengthening session, you're on your way to growing cheers bro, rooting for you.

E Z

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 03:37:13 AM »

This is all similar to my experience bro, the quads will loosen up eventually that's just something you're dealing with due to surgery trauma.

what I did to make the commode a more pleasant experience was find something I can use to put my feet on top of like a little stool so my femurs are not pressing down on the commode's seat so hard, just my butt.

congrats on your first lengthening session, you're on your way to growing cheers bro, rooting for you.
Thank you so much brotha. I haven't tried a larger stool yet but  I did try a pretty large pillow to elevate my feet and I still had 10/10  pain unless I moved up to the edge of the stool which would mean I would crap on myself hahaha. I was probably doing it wrong anyways and gave up.

I wanted to ask you about lengthening. I started today and the rep just told me to put it on the line and start. I'm honestly scared aand paranoid about fkn iit up. Is there a way you can actually screw up with this thing, or is putting it in the general area good enough? When you went back after 2 weeks for xrays did it show you lengthened 100% of what you did?

Thank you again man

Movie

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 05:36:07 AM »

dang 10/10? that sucks bro, I never experienced 10/10 pain but yeah it was painful sitting on the commode it'll get better part of the process unfortunately.

and no bro lol just follow the instructions they gave you and you should be fine.

E Z

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2019, 03:30:26 PM »

Today would've been my third lengthening 4x a day (first 5 days only) and after my last session last night I had significant 6-7/10 knee pain in my left leg. My right leg feels amazing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:10:41 PM by E Z »

Cpl2012

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 12:21:44 AM »

I wonder is there something with dr M technique. Seems like all his patients experienced more pain on the left leg. According to movie and infullsryde diaries, if i not wrong.

E Z

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »

I wonder is there something with dr M technique. Seems like all his patients experienced more pain on the left leg. According to movie and infullsryde diaries, if i not wrong.
I don't necessarily think so. You have a dominant hand/foot, the other one is always going to be weaker

E Z

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »

These are some post-op xrays. My next set come next week which should tell me how much I've lengthened

SimonFuller

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 06:47:18 PM »

Hey EZ - I have just seen your post - another Dr M lengthener with Stryde which is great for the rest of us.

How are you feeling? Hopefully all going well.

E Z

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2019, 11:13:13 PM »

Hi simon - Everything is great. I'm 3 days into week 3 and lengthening is going great.

I'm 100% walker trying to get on crutches but my left leg just isn't up to speed. I can do a straight leg raise with my right but i cant even lift up my left leg. Hopefully this gets better.

JsElysianEagle

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 11:26:34 PM »

E Z, great to see you making progress. How flexible were you before the surgery? I recently went in for a consult and Dr M advised me that ideally before surgery I should be able to bend down and place my knuckles under my toes without bending my knees, which is not yet possible for me to do.

Some have said stretching helps, others have said it won't do much. What do you think?

E Z

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 12:08:21 AM »

@jeleysian

I actually couldn't touch my toes before surgery, and honestly I'm doing fine. I'm the least flexible person I know. My hips, glutes, hamstrings feel awesome. My quads are the only thing that's tight right now... they've improved steadily tho since surgery day. I can finally comfortably sit on a commode without much pain. The first week and a half were a living hell tho.

Movie

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2019, 07:49:50 PM »

@JSElysian the flexibility will help bro but it's not impossible to go through with this surgery if you're not very flexible, look at InFullStryde he was also not very flexible and got 7.5cms ... If you asked me it helps to be more comfortable for longer... it just means you won't feel tight until later because eventually even if you're very flexible you'll lengthen enough so fast that your muscles will feel tight and need time to catch up for example for me as an above average flexibility person, I didn't feel really tight really until like 4 CMs where I walk and feel my muscles stretching every step pretty much... for you, being not so flexible, maybe you'll start feeling tight at 1-2 CMs and its ok muscles will eventually catch up

E Z

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2019, 02:34:17 AM »

Most recent xrays at 2 CM

Not much to report. Day 23 and counting and my left leg is still holding me back from taking unassisted steps.

JsElysianEagle

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2019, 03:18:43 AM »

@EZ @Movie - thanks to both of you for replying! That does put my mind a bit more at ease although I'm doing my best to increase flexibility as much as I can before the surgery.

@EZ - how's your sleep coming along now? Painwise - do you find yourself needing meds or not so much?

E Z

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2019, 03:29:02 AM »

@EZ @Movie - thanks to both of you for replying! That does put my mind a bit more at ease although I'm doing my best to increase flexibility as much as I can before the surgery.

@EZ - how's your sleep coming along now? Painwise - do you find yourself needing meds or not so much?
I sleep 3-4 hours at night, and I nap once or twice during the day for a couple hours.

I don't have much pain other than after lengthening on my left leg. Just a dull pain that goes away after an hour or two. I do take a Tylenol before every lengthening session (3x a day). Standstill pain is pretty much nonexistent.

My PT sessions the pain goes up to a 5 or 6 on my left leg. My right leg has been awesome so far. It feels like my left leg still has trauma from the surgery or something. 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up