Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: STRYDE Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian!!!  (Read 7829 times)

JsElysianEagle

Re: STRYDE Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2019, 03:37:15 AM »

That's great to know man, looks like the pain is under control so far which is awesome! Keep us updated!

Are you in the LA area still?

CodyTheDog

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 01:38:31 AM »

I sleep 3-4 hours at night, and I nap once or twice during the day for a couple hours.

I don't have much pain other than after lengthening on my left leg. Just a dull pain that goes away after an hour or two. I do take a Tylenol before every lengthening session (3x a day). Standstill pain is pretty much nonexistent.

My PT sessions the pain goes up to a 5 or 6 on my left leg. My right leg has been awesome so far. It feels like my left leg still has trauma from the surgery or something.

Congrats on going on this journey and thanks for sharing your experiences!

1. How much money in total (including apartment rent, caretaker, food, medicine, everything) would you budget in total for doing Stryde on fermus with Mahoubian? Assuming someone is not from the Los Angeles area

2. Would you recommend the caretaker you hired, and what is his/her name?

3. What would you recommend in terms of finding a place to stay in the area during lengthening?

4. What are some unexpected expenses you wish you knew about before starting? Ex: any useful objects / products that are useful for wheelchair/crutch bound patient that you realized you wanted?

5. It never snows in Los Angeles (North Hollywood, I know) Califronia, does it? I'm not sure how much the time of the year matters for choosing when to do this. In the northeast of the United States, winters are sometimes cold/brutal and sometimes there is alot of snow outside that you can't possibly dig yourself out of when on crutches.

Thanks!

E Z

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2019, 01:27:11 AM »

Congrats on going on this journey and thanks for sharing your experiences!

1. How much money in total (including apartment rent, caretaker, food, medicine, everything) would you budget in total for doing Stryde on fermus with Mahoubian? Assuming someone is not from the Los Angeles area

2. Would you recommend the caretaker you hired, and what is his/her name?

Did not have a caretaker. You will need one for the first 2-3 weeks.

3. What would you recommend in terms of finding a place to stay in the area during lengthening?

Maybe find a cheap hotel in the area? There’s plenty.

4. What are some unexpected expenses you wish you knew about before starting? Ex: any useful objects / products that are useful for wheelchair/crutch bound patient that you realized you wanted?

Although I never used one, a stool when getting out of bed, or when going to the bathroom just to have my feet a bit elevated to relieve some pressure on ur legs.

5. It never snows in Los Angeles (North Hollywood, I know) Califronia, does it? I'm not sure how much the time of the year matters for choosing when to do this. In the northeast of the United States, winters are sometimes cold/brutal and sometimes there is alot of snow outside that you can't possibly dig yourself out of when on crutches.

There is absolutely no snow in Southern California lol.

Thanks!

Answers in Quote

InFullStryde

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2019, 01:57:09 AM »

How are you doing EZ?
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
In Full STRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered! I am WALKING again and training hard.
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671.0

E Z

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2019, 02:00:04 AM »

^^^^
Haven’t done an update in a while!

Tomorrow will be day 50 post-op for me and 4.3 CM taller!

A little recap of some important milestones for me....

-Since day one of lengthening my left leg would have severe dull pain around my knee and what seemed like weird shocks sent thru that would make my leg twitch. I had extreme tightness, and extreme pain trying to do transfers from couch to walker, or bed to walker. Morning stiffness was something out of hell in my left leg to the point I regretted  doing this . I also could not lift up my lieft leg or move it laterally. Pretty much a dead leg

Well on Days 35-40 I started noticing amazing improvements. I woke up as I usually do to take my morning piss, bracing myself for the pain about to come in my lieft leg from the transfer from bed to walker, and as I stood up there was literally no pain. I couldn’t believe it. I actually sat back down and got back up again just to double check! As the days went on my morning stiffness completely went away as well. By day 40, I now could voluntarily pick my left leg up and move it around. It’s like a switch was flipped. Lengthening has been absolutely pain free since the 3..4 CM mark. I can now drive, and do everything by myself without having to rely on anyone. My left leg was the only thing stopping me.

I’d like to mention without hopefully jinxing myself, my right leg has been strong with literally 0 issues since I started the damn lengthening phase. Our bodies are weird... and amazing at the same time.

I can now FINALLY sleep on BOTH sides which is a major relief. (With a pillow). Although it’s still not comfortable, it beats being on your back for. 40 days. I am completely pain free on day 49 post-op.  Let’s hope god can keep this up for me.... so far the nerve pains haven’t shown up. Lol

cena

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2019, 03:07:20 AM »

Nice update E Z. Had you complained to Mahboubian about your pain? Did he just ask you to continue going? No lengthening break? No slowing down?

E Z

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2019, 03:17:26 AM »

Nice update E Z. Had you complained to Mahboubian about your pain? Did he just ask you to continue going? No lengthening break? No slowing down?
I did mention it to him on one of my meetings with him and I honestly don’t even remember his answer to be honest. I thought it was par for the course tbh, but I was starting to get worried that this was lingering a bit longer than I expected. Glad it’s all resolved now.

My left Leg does STILL have knee pain though but it’s manageable.

cena

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2019, 02:56:46 PM »

LL is scary to imagine. How do patients know what is 'normal' and what is not?  :-X

Movie

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2019, 03:09:40 PM »

nice bro I think I know what kind of twitching pains you're talking about I had that on my left leg too on the small muscle right above the knee, that would get really stiff in the morning started like at 3.5cm until like 4.5cm. but you're right it's manageable, keep pushing through bro pain will subside, make pain your bitch! cheers.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

TheAlchemist

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2019, 09:34:57 PM »

Awesome update E Z! I have those twitching pains too, can literally see my knee twitching when it happens. Keep pushing man! You are more than halfway there, huge milestone!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: Sep 17 2019 / Distraction completed: Dec 14 2019
Starting height: 5'9 or 175cm / Ending Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

E Z

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2019, 02:41:16 AM »

Thank you so much Cena, Alchemist, and Movie for the support!

Another huge update:

Today is DAY 50 and I have officially taken my first unassisted steps in this journey! They were far from perfect, duck steps. I walked around the whole house twice for about 60-70 steps flat surface only. No chance I can move upstairs unassisted yet.

Who knows, at this pace I might be completely unassisted in a week or two.

Movie

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2019, 07:08:44 AM »

Thank you so much Cena, Alchemist, and Movie for the support!

Another huge update:

Today is DAY 50 and I have officially taken my first unassisted steps in this journey! They were far from perfect, duck steps. I walked around the whole house twice for about 60-70 steps flat surface only. No chance I can move upstairs unassisted yet.

Who knows, at this pace I might be completely unassisted in a week or two.

Nice EZ! that's good news bro! crazy your first unaided steps session was of 60-70 steps that's a lot lol, my first unaided steps session was like 5, but then again maybe I've been pushing the envelope since earlier on everything I've done haha, keep progressing bro cheers.
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

InFullStryde

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2019, 07:55:54 PM »

Congrats EZ. Sounds like terrific progress.  CLL is really an endurance test and test of might; as much as anything.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
In Full STRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered! I am WALKING again and training hard.
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671.0

E Z

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2019, 06:26:36 PM »

Thanks guys.

I’ve developed some left thigh tightness the past couple days preventing me from bending knee to 90 degrees. Feels like I’m at 80-85 degrees before the tightness stops me. Left leg only... again lol. Makes sitting in some places uncomfortable.

Other than that, tomorrow will officially be 5 CM. One more month to go if everything goes well to reach 8 cm. Can’t wait.

E Z

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2019, 09:20:56 PM »

I’m at 6.3 cm by my count.

I mostly get around with a cane now. I can walk unassisted but its mostly around the house. Duck walking everywhere.

My left knee starts acting up after like 20 minutes of walking or standing. It’s a sharp 5 level pain that only happens while moving around  probably due to fatigue. it goes away as soon as I sit down

My left leg is pretty damn tight.

Nothing to report on my right leg..tightness is there but manageable.. I feel like my gait on my right leg is actually pretty damn good

Thankfully I haven’t dealt with any nerve pains, or burning sensations, or anything of that sort. I feel like the hard part for me was over after the 3.5 cm Mark. Haven’t had any significant pain since and it’s pretty much been a cakewalk till this day.

Movie

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »

funny how I didn't have any sharp knee pain while moving around really but I did experience the shin burns and some nerve pains lol. anyway bro keep pushing, looks like you'll be wrapping distracting phase up soon! cheers

BoneStretching

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 07:13:55 PM »

EZ good job.

Frankly i started getting so tight around that time.

I am at 7CM, and every MM is a struggle now in terms of tightness.

Keep up the good work, happy for you.

E Z

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2019, 08:23:27 PM »

Thank u guys!

I’ve been having troubles sleeping on my side for some reason these past couple days due to knee pain in my right leg which is weird. It’s a super dull pain that goes away after straightening my leg out which forces me to sleep on my back. Oh well lol 16 more days of this!

E Z

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2019, 11:34:37 PM »

7.7 cm. 3 more days.

Virtually no pain, but I can’t seem to straighten my left leg anymore.

Movie

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2019, 04:45:35 AM »

Super dope E Z ! congrats bro, last stretch, don't worry bro you'll catch up on flexibility soon once you stop distracting, I'm already much flexible and agile at 3 weeks post lengthening, just work on it everyday and It'll be ok

E Z

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2019, 07:43:40 AM »

Super dope E Z ! congrats bro, last stretch, don't worry bro you'll catch up on flexibility soon once you stop distracting, I'm already much flexible and agile at 3 weeks post lengthening, just work on it everyday and It'll be ok
I think I might’ve underestimated flexibility pre-op. Lol! I’m freaking terribly tight right now especially hamstrings in both legs.

I’ve got a knee bend in both legs like 20 degrees at least. I think my recovery is gonna take at least 2-3 months.

To anyone reading, stretch the hell outta your hamstrings lmao

limewalk

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2019, 08:04:00 AM »

How much was your hamstring flexibility before op? Could you touch the flour without bending knees?

Movie

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »

Oh   lol, didn't think it was that bad, are you able to walk unassisted?

E Z

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2019, 07:25:17 PM »

@Limewalk: I was probably an inch away from touching my toes pre-op.

@Move: yeah bro, it’s pretty bad. I can walk unassisted but I would have to bend my knees a bit to feel comfortable. That’s pretty much my only problem. My legs feel really strong, no more achie pains, just tightness in my hamstrings

Hoping it improves once I stop lengthening. I literally haven’t missed a session of lengthening this whole time for 3 months.... hoping for the best once I’m done!

BoneStretching

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2019, 08:35:23 PM »

Thats great you have come out of this with no pain. i was also real tight when i finished up, but i still have knee pain to go with it. Are you still taking pain killers EZ?

Good news, you can put that dang magnet machine in the box soon, and never look at it again.

Movie

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2019, 08:43:26 PM »

Oh I see, dang you're really tight then, good thing you feel your legs strong, you'll catch up on flexibility fast bro once you stop lengthening and get your gait back on track.

LittleLA

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2019, 06:51:11 AM »

E Z - appreciate you being 100% honest with your posts. This has made me realize I think I’m going to start taking hot yoga 3x per week to really stretch maximum pre-op, as I couldn’t imagine being down this long let alone having to use a walker for the first 30 days!!!

E Z

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2019, 08:26:03 PM »

@BoneStretching: Tylenol when sleeping

I had one last session to do this morning and i looked at the magnet and just said screw that thing man, I’m starting my consolidation phase today. I can’t even stand to do one more session of that thing lol!

Finally done lengthening. On to the next!

Movie

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2019, 08:37:44 PM »

Lol I know the feeling, congrats bro!

Ghostfish

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2019, 05:11:28 AM »

Congrats! EZ 
Lengthening is hard. It will be easier and easier everyday!

E Z

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2019, 05:17:06 PM »

Thanks movie and ghost!

Today will be day 5 post-lengthening, and I feel the tightness wearing off SLOWLY. at least I know I’m progressing everyday.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 07:46:30 PM by E Z »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up