Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: STRYDE Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian!!!  (Read 7747 times)

E Z

Re: STRYDE Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian!!!
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2019, 06:14:01 PM »

Woke up with some extreme lower back pain that I’ve never felt before during this process. Yesterday I was out for about 5 hours walking, sitting, standing and I was sore as hell after. Pretty sure I’m feeling the aftermath.

My legs feel looser day by day... can’t wait for this to be over lol

BoneStretching

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2019, 07:00:31 PM »

Yea, I woke up with lower back pain once.... it was worry some. It was likely bc you slept in a position that did not support your lower back all night.

Make sure to add pillow(s) under your legs when you sleep.

Dreamer57

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2019, 06:32:54 AM »

Any updates...?
X-rays?
Btw best of luck for your recovery phase!

E Z

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2019, 12:47:01 AM »

I’m exactly 25 days post-distraction

My quad tightness is getting better and better - I’d say I’m at 70% functionality with knee flexibility, bends, etc

My hamstrings are now at 85%  functionality. No longer have a knee bend and can straighten legs out easily

My walk is about 70% normal. Still waddling and limping a bit and it just doesn’t feel natural lol. Feels robotic. It looks like this process is going to take another month or so for me.

I’d like to mention I’ve been unassisted this whole time post distraction.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 01:15:20 AM by E Z »

BoneStretching

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2019, 02:14:32 AM »

EZ,

I am about 15 days or so ahead of you.. and I felt the exact same way. Feel free to reference my diary on how I am doing now (around page 4).

I would guess you are about to enter the 4.5 month "sweet spot" soon, where things just start to click in place lol for lack of better term.

Good to see you doing well.

E Z

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2019, 04:59:55 AM »

Exciting news! @ Bone.

I’ve been coming across people from everyday life and their shocked reactions honestly make me uncomfortable every time. EVERY SINGLE PERSON NOTICES. It’s gotten a bit annoying, and I just blame it on wearing orthopedic shoes that have a heel that I’ve been wearing just to get them accustomed.

I usually never wear these shoes, but they look bulky (they only add an inch in height though) and can explain the massive 3 inch difference to people I see on a normal basis. I honestly don’t know how else to go about it.

Freakin hilarious how dramatic of a difference 3 inches makes.

BoneStretching

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2019, 05:41:31 AM »

E Z I been in my apt for 4.5 months only going out to P.T., and random places for groceries.

I am so eager to see what it will be like. Happy to hear about your experience.

E Z

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2019, 05:54:28 AM »

E Z I been in my apt for 4.5 months only going out to P.T., and random places for groceries.

I am so eager to see what it will be like. Happy to hear about your experience.
My job requires me to interact with a lot of people, so it’s been a bit overwhelming with the comments. I’ve found that people taller than me don’t notice as much as people that were previously taller than me. They definitely notice something is off, but it doesn’t warrant a comment usually. People that I’m now eye-level with and people I’ve passed up in height are the ones that definitely notice and are shell-shocked and it’s beyond uncomfortable.

BoneStretching

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2020, 03:19:40 AM »

E.Z.

How is your progress?

E Z

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2020, 06:12:16 PM »

Today is officially 5 months

Pros:
100% unassisted (since the 4 month mark)
I don’t get tired standing up.. can probably stand as long as I want
Can walk longer distances now

Cons:
I still can’t put a pair of shorts on without sitting down or using something to balance myself.

Picking things up off the ground is painful and my worst fear sometimes. I’ve got a bad habit of walking and playing with my keys and earlier this month I dropped them accidentally walking across a crosswalk. Jesus Christ it was so embarrassing, and thank god someone next to me was nice enough to pick them up for me because I don’t know what I would’ve done. When dropping things i usually grab on to something and bend down making it a bit easier. When you’re at a crosswalk and you drop them in the middle of the street, I don’t wish that on anyone lmao. My flexibility is pretty horrid right now. My squats are getting better and I think a couple more weeks and I can pick things up off the ground without second guessing myself

Sitting down and getting up is getting better, but I still need to push myself off most of the time.

There’s still some stiffness and aches as the day goes on.

My gait is 80% what it was previously

That’s pretty much it... let’s see what month 6 has in store for me. 

Movie

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2020, 08:52:43 PM »

nice update E Z, glad it's improving for you, got to work on those stretches though! I'm about to be officially month 6 tomorrow and picking things up are no longer something I dread like I used to similarly, wish you a speedy recovery bro, work on the squats and stretching, stretch whenever you remember bro through out the day, that's what I do to and I feel like I'm improving even more and more I can now lay my palm flat on the floor with my legs straight where as last month I could only just touch the floor with the tip of my fingers, the body really is amazing and wants to recover back to normal as much as you do, HELP IT.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

TheAlchemist

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2020, 01:05:13 AM »

Amazing update and progress EZ. I can relate to all of your challenges, I'm just behind you at the 4.5 month mark. Every day it gets better.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: Sep 17 2019 / Distraction completed: Dec 14 2019
Starting height: 5'9 or 175cm / Ending Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

E Z

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2020, 07:37:12 AM »

Thank you movie and alchemist, proud of both you guys!

Movie, just wanted to note, your flexibility is crazy brotha. I know you work on it, etc but it really is crazy you could do that after lengthening 3 inches. I used to wrestle back in high school and obviously stretching was routine for me but I was always short of the sticks.i thought I was doing something wrong but I was watching an Athlean-X video on flexibility and the gist of it is some people’s pelvic tilts really limit their flexibility. Doesn’t mean I can’t improve on it, but there’s only so much you can do.

To LLers that are reading this, please stretch your ass off pre-op, post-op, and in your everyday life in general. It will be a tremendous help.

Movie

« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2020, 07:19:43 AM »

Thanks bro! and oh okay I heard ya, I figured too I've always just been one of the most flexible people around me since I can remember.
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

E Z

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2020, 01:07:27 AM »

Just giving you a guys a little update 6.5 months in

I was a previous smoker (weed, cigs) and I stopped cold turkey a week before surgery. I kept it up for the 3 months all the way thru distraction...

A couple weeks post distraction I relapsed into smoking.. and it gradually got worse.i was smoking ALOT.

3 weeks ago  I realized my recovery had slowed down compared to other diaries, so I quit cold turkey again. I’ve noticed a tremendous improvement day to day. I can now get up from most seated positions, I can finally put on pants/shorts while standing up. I feel like my legs have strengthened.... it’s also motivational in the sense that I have a reason to stop smoking now. Lol. It’s a tough habit to break, but when something is a necessity you do whatever it takes.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone and their elderly are safe from the communist virus!

TheAlchemist

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2020, 06:45:24 AM »

Amazing progress brotha! It's awesome that LL has paid dividends in unexpected ways like providing a reason to stop smoking. It's done the same for me with regards to healthier changes in my diet and sleeping habits.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: Sep 17 2019 / Distraction completed: Dec 14 2019
Starting height: 5'9 or 175cm / Ending Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

E Z

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2020, 03:24:19 AM »

Question to all LLers

I’ve noticed after a long day of standing or walking, my quads are extremely sensitive to the touch.

Let’s say you’re doing incline dumbbell presses; you get the dumbbells on your knees/quads and then try to push off with your legs to lift off. Is that move comfortable for you? When did it start being comfortable? Do you feel like you can put heavy weights on your quads comfortably?

At this point, I’m not sure I can do the lift off move comfortably with heavy weights yet. My quads are still somewhat sensitive

Movie

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2020, 06:08:58 AM »

I also experienced that but It faded away maybe about a month and a half ago, because now I have much more muscle mass than before so it's not as sensitive, It's still more sensitive to pain as If I were to punch my thigh now It hurt more than pre LL but not that much more. I can put heavy weight on my thighs now, I lift up my 60-65 LBs dumbells from my knees to do Dumbell bench presses like I used to before, I think it all came down to building more muscle in my legs and my bones probably being more consolidated now.

E Z

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2020, 06:48:24 AM »

I also experienced that but It faded away maybe about a month and a half ago, because now I have much more muscle mass than before so it's not as sensitive, It's still more sensitive to pain as If I were to punch my thigh now It hurt more than pre LL but not that much more. I can put heavy weight on my thighs now, I lift up my 60-65 LBs dumbells from my knees to do Dumbell bench presses like I used to before, I think it all came down to building more muscle in my legs and my bones probably being more consolidated now.
Good to know thanks brotha

Futureller

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2020, 12:26:45 AM »

How do you feel with your new and improved height?

k1erz

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2020, 11:22:39 PM »

So I’ve been following your diary very closely and would love to hear an update of how you’re getting along. How have you recovered thus far?

Gman23

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2020, 08:42:33 PM »

At the age of 25 year old how did you even get that much of money. I mean 80$k is alotttttt of money and it could possibly take years to save up.

E Z

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2020, 05:17:17 AM »

I just had a major setback.

I was on a bike and ate crap. Long story short I was preoccupied with my phone and hit a curb and literally catapulted off my bike. I’m bruised up, and my legs are scabbed everywhere. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. Very sore right now and my right knee hurts to walk on currently

New height feels awesome and I was doing awesome before this. Hope everyone has an amazing rest of the year!

k1erz

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2020, 10:24:08 AM »

Really sorry to hear that, bro.

I’m sure you’ll be back on track soon.

How was your progress before this happened?

Did you lengthen the full 8cm in the end?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up