Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: actual height and height that people think you are  (Read 1816 times)

Descreteuser

actual height and height that people think you are
« on: October 10, 2019, 10:05:16 AM »

Hi guys,
       I did limb lengthening 4 years ago. Went from 181 to 185.. it’s made a huge difference as I’ve gone from looking average height to looking quite tall compared to an average group of people. I’m confused from what people would perceive my height as being. Every now and again I get told I’m tall but not a huge amount as I only consider myself kinda tall. I met someone recently who told me he was 183/184 and I had a hard time believing him as when we stood next to each other in the mirror I was quite a lot taller, I looked about 2 to 2.5 inches taller. He told me his posture is terrible. So we measured ourselves properly and he was indeed only 1.5cm shorter than me.it made me think maybe people perceive as being taller than I actually am as the difference between my relaxed height and standing straight height is barely different.. especially compared to this other guy who was 2 inches different when standing straight. I’m just wondering if anyone else is like this, cause I ideally want to get to 188/189cm with a second surgery to be tall not just kinda tall. But if I’m perceived as being 187 to others maybe mentally I’d be able to forget about limb lengthening all together.. what do u guys think?
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

GrowTow

Re: actual height and height that people think you are
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 11:21:55 AM »

99% of men on this planet think they're 2 inches taller than they actually are, either because they're just lying or because most people just measure their height wrong.

I haven't done my surgery yet so i'm 5'6 but I meet a lot of people who claim to be 5'8 5'9 yet be the same height as me so I assume when I go up to 5'11 with cross lengthening, i'd actually be 6'1 to most people since they also think they're 6ft when really they're 5'10.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Descreteuser

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 11:26:55 AM »

I measured him he was 183.5.. then I measured myself 185 but standing next to him I looked atleast 2 to 2 and half inches taller . So he wasn’t lying about his height
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Tomhard

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »

Bro get rid of this idea and go on with life.

montahn

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »

Hi guys,
       I did limb lengthening 4 years ago. Went from 181 to 185.. it’s made a huge difference as I’ve gone from looking average height to looking quite tall compared to an average group of people. I’m confused from what people would perceive my height as being. Every now and again I get told I’m tall but not a huge amount as I only consider myself kinda tall. I met someone recently who told me he was 183/184 and I had a hard time believing him as when we stood next to each other in the mirror I was quite a lot taller, I looked about 2 to 2.5 inches taller. He told me his posture is terrible. So we measured ourselves properly and he was indeed only 1.5cm shorter than me.it made me think maybe people perceive as being taller than I actually am as the difference between my relaxed height and standing straight height is barely different.. especially compared to this other guy who was 2 inches different when standing straight. I’m just wondering if anyone else is like this, cause I ideally want to get to 188/189cm with a second surgery to be tall not just kinda tall. But if I’m perceived as being 187 to others maybe mentally I’d be able to forget about limb lengthening all together.. what do u guys think?

yes I have same problem I am 164cm every body think i am 167cm. and one of my friend has same height as me he looks lot taller than me may be 1 or 2 inch taller then me, but really he is 165cm. maybe it depends on how we dress and posture.

Do u walk normally like before the surgery ?  how many days it takes to walk properly without any noticeable posture change ?

Thanks
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

Canon

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:06:33 PM »

Had the same thoughts. I am 185 without shoes and i wear high shoes with thick inlays i reach 1,89 but i still don't feel tall enough. People often pass me and from the distance they look taller than me but when they pass we have quite the same.

Ghostfish

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 01:25:16 AM »

Had the same thoughts. I am 185 without shoes and i wear high shoes with thick inlays i reach 1,89 but i still don't feel tall enough. People often pass me and from the distance they look taller than me but when they pass we have quite the same.
Hi Canon and Descreteuser
When you look at others with similar height as yours, they look taller than you. It is because your eyes are lower than top of the head but you look at other's top of the head to compare heights. You guys are 185cm which is absolutely tall or at least tall side in any country.  I don't really think it would be a big difference between 185 and 190.  If I were you, I would rather focus on my career and success.  At least try to forget about height and focus on something.  It is up to you. 
Good luck!

Bigdawg

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 05:51:35 PM »

Honestly. Canon and Descreteuser are correct, 185 cm isnt tall im europe, im 188 in morning barefoot everyone will tell me im tall then come the evening and im 186 and everyone thinks im just average so tall starts at 188. Sorry short guys who are 185

Iron_Man

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 11:09:29 PM »

Hi Canon and Descreteuser
When you look at others with similar height as yours, they look taller than you. It is because your eyes are lower than top of the head but you look at other's top of the head to compare heights. You guys are 185cm which is absolutely tall or at least tall side in any country.  I don't really think it would be a big difference between 185 and 190.  If I were you, I would rather focus on my career and success.  At least try to forget about height and focus on something.  It is up to you. 
Good luck!

The most adequate comment in this topic.  I completely agree

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 02:59:23 PM »

Honestly. Canon and Descreteuser are correct, 185 cm isnt tall im europe, im 188 in morning barefoot everyone will tell me im tall then come the evening and im 186 and everyone thinks im just average so tall starts at 188. Sorry short guys who are 185

That doesn't make any sense. Everyone loses height throughout the day so while you'll be about 2 cm shorter in the evening, everyone else will have shrunken as well. Except a few people who sleep during the day.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up