Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equal length of femur and tibia after cll  (Read 1734 times)

Sanity

Equal length of femur and tibia after cll
« on: November 04, 2019, 08:28:01 AM »

My femur and tibia both equate to 47-47 cm. before cll tibia was 41 and femurs 47. The tibias do look very long now at a ratio of 1. If i did femurs to balance out the proportions of legs but tht would make overall torso look short. wat r the suggestions.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Montreal172

Re: Equal length of femur and tibia after cll
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 08:19:25 AM »

Lenghten the femur

iwannagrow

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 09:38:08 AM »

What height are you now? I don't think it's worth it to lengthen more just to get legs looking proportional if you're a good height already.

Sanity

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 07:26:37 PM »

from 5'8 to 5'10 so yea im happy with the height. i would consider it but its just that the looks of walking on stilts sometimes confuses me. also i had longer legs to begin with compared to torso.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 06:16:10 PM »

I'm the same now and I think it's fine.

Sanity

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »

I'm the same now and I think it's fine.
oh really so u mean ur also 47-47 tibia-femurs? and ur torso was also shorter before surgery i mean ur sitting height?

Sanity

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 10:14:03 PM »

Basically im stuck now. Even if i want to lengthen femurs for better proportions i cannot do it, because i have a relatively shorter torso so it will make it look even shorter in comparison to my legs. What i can do is to compress a few mm right now as i am still in frames.

cheekycabs

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 10:29:45 PM »

The only person on this planet who will ever notice this is you. Keep your height and heal correctly. Reversing would be pretty incredibly stupid.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Iron_Man

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 11:59:42 PM »

It seems to me that long tibias creates the illusion of a taller height than it actually is. At least when I put on lift-shoes with 6cm (I'm 5'8 without shoes), my tibias also look long and it doesn't look bad.
How short is your torso? Perhaps, 3-4 cm on femurs wouldn't spoil your proportions. What is your sitting height?

Sanity

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 01:11:38 AM »

It seems to me that long tibias creates the illusion of a taller height than it actually is. At least when I put on lift-shoes with 6cm (I'm 5'8 without shoes), my tibias also look long and it doesn't look bad.
How short is your torso? Perhaps, 3-4 cm on femurs wouldn't spoil your proportions. What is your sitting height?
yes tht because ur streamlined when standing. you see the whole leg of the person not tibias particularly. try wearing 2.5inch lifts with additional 1 inch shoes heels, and sitdown on a chair keeping tibias perpendicular to femurs. ul be surprised how noticeable they become.

Sanity

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 01:12:46 AM »

The only person on this planet who will ever notice this is you. Keep your height and heal correctly. Reversing would be pretty incredibly stupid.
no im not gonna reverse it lol, i thaught of deducting only .5cm off to make tibias look less but it was just a thaught lol

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 12:40:31 PM »

I would be more worried about the biomechanical implications and health consequences rather than looks. Did you talk to several doctors regarding the risk of arthritis, yet?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Sanity

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 06:12:07 AM »

I would be more worried about the biomechanical implications and health consequences rather than looks. Did you talk to several doctors regarding the risk of arthritis, yet?
its just mechanical if it happens. There are two types of arthritis basically. Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid happens due to a genetic problem. And osteoarthritis happens due to wear and tear of the joint cartilage.

This is not related to ll whatsoever. If it happens it happens and doesn't happen it doesn't happen. Regardless of if som1 has done ll or not. Although, yes with ll it can happen more often because when the bone is lengthened, if it is not exactly corrected as before (given it was in correct alignment before) probably there will be more wear and tear on one side of knee joint which will put more pressure on cartilage on that side causing compression and eventually over the years it could end up to become bone-on-bone contact which we call arthritis.

Best way to avoid it is see the bones straight and knees are perfectly dividing weight on both sides of bones, by using photographs and x-rays. simple. In my case bones are sitting aligned, nice and good.:)

BTW in some cases the bone was already misaligned or there was slight more weight on one side of the knee due to slight bowed leg naturally or knocked leg before ll operation, or one leg was slightly shorter which is very common, so one knee joint was contantly taking more weight, so actually during ll corrections if thats fixed it will actually remove the chances of osteoarthritis the person was destined to have. ironically
Pages: [1]   Go Up