Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Financing Options - Stop avoiding this people  (Read 2329 times)

dreamingtall

Financing Options - Stop avoiding this people
« on: October 17, 2019, 06:33:30 AM »

The young ones on here who weren't born to wealthy parents or making 7 figures off modeling would all like to understand the options and HEAR the experiences of others who have funded these expensive procedures with all forms of legal tender. For the adults on here to ignore this is not paying it forward. I'm sure that many of you 20 year olds would like to know what you 40 year olds did to get the ball in motion.

Not all of us are going to want to wait 8 years saving for this just to have nothing. I am planning on saving half and getting a loan for the rest. Hell I will have this done before 30 if im paying it off till im 50. At least my mental state will improve.

Start paying it forward people. The only person who did is the OVERRIDEYOURGENETICS guy who goes cold on many people
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

Rectifying_Genetics

• Visitor
Re: Financing Options - Stop avoiding this people
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 09:27:15 AM »

Hello dreamingtall,

My take on financing CLL differs from yours slightly. I don't believe getting into dept to pay for the surgery is advisable, the reason I say this is because this leads to a mindset that blames your height for all your problems (dating, money). For me I used my height dysmorphia as a driving force to achieve everything I want in life, obviously my height always plays on my mind but I will not allow it to define me.

As I read the diaries on this forum it's pretty clear to see us CLL's fall into one of two groups, the first being the aforementioned group that see height as the limiting factor in everything they do. The second being the group that do not let the height define them even though it plays on their minds everyday (InFullStryde is a great example of this), what you will find about this group is that generally they are the ones who can afford the surgery as they have not been limited by dysmorphia.   

I believe being in this second group of people means you are more likely to see CLL as a success as it's not a case of these people looking for this surgery to transform their entire life, just a small aspect of it.

To conclude I do understand the desire to have the surgery as soon as possible as it seems to be linked to a faster recovery time, but not letting your height define you and working hard to obtain the money to pay for this surgery is a great acid test in understanding just how badly do you want it. If you really want it work for it.

Thanks

RG

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 04:11:36 PM »

My experience was that I took out big, high-interest loans to pay for LL.  I spent several years making payments and paid down about half of the debt.  Then I lost my job and declared bankruptcy.  :(

soitchi

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »

At least my mental state will improve.
Have you already done CLL and know this to be true based on your experience or are you pulling an assumption out of your aśš? Truth is you don't know and you should doubt it, even if you want to be positive you better have prepared for if the situation didn't go as you would have thought.
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

Kenda

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 10:44:42 PM »

The young ones on here who weren't born to wealthy parents or making 7 figures off modeling would all like to understand the options and HEAR the experiences of others who have funded these expensive procedures with all forms of legal tender. For the adults on here to ignore this is not paying it forward. I'm sure that many of you 20 year olds would like to know what you 40 year olds did to get the ball in motion.

Not all of us are going to want to wait 8 years saving for this just to have nothing. I am planning on saving half and getting a loan for the rest. Hell I will have this done before 30 if im paying it off till im 50. At least my mental state will improve.

Start paying it forward people. The only person who did is the OVERRIDEYOURGENETICS guy who goes cold on many people

Can you rephrase your question? i dont understand what you are saying.....

soitchi

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 02:34:29 AM »

Can you rephrase your question? i dont understand what you are saying.....
TS is essentially asking what options do people have with CLL if they don't have enough money and goes on to look for others to agree with him that getting a loan is a good idea. Oh, and he wants you and everyone else on this board to push the idea of getting a loan.
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

dreamingtall

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 04:03:13 PM »

How much did you take out?
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

dreamingtall

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 04:06:15 PM »

My experience was that I took out big, high-interest loans to pay for LL.  I spent several years making payments and paid down about half of the debt.  Then I lost my job and declared bankruptcy.  :(

How Much did you take out in loans? Are you still wrecked in life because of this... i just think its important to understand the impact in its entirety

dreamingtall

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 04:07:32 PM »

Oh, and he wants you and everyone else on this board to push the idea of getting a loan.

I just think it's healthy for all options to be thoroughly provided to those who are looking to achieve the surgery

Infinity

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »

has anyone thought that if you loose your job or some complications happen and you wont be able to get back to work as quickly as you planned? This is not a surgery you do by borrowing or mortgaging your house.

I appreciate the sentiment behind OP's post, which was probably to help/motivate and provide another option but IMO loaning huge amounts of money to do such a high risk surgery is a very BAD idea.

Infinity

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 04:20:20 PM »

has anyone thought that if you loose your job or some complications happen and you wont be able to get back to work as quickly as you planned? This is not a surgery you do by borrowing or mortgaging your house.

I appreciate the sentiment behind OP's post, which was probably to help/motivate and provide another option but IMO loaning huge amounts of money to do such a high risk surgery is a very BAD idea.

dreamingtall

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 05:22:02 PM »

Okay so I honestly don't care who does get a loan for this surgery, the only reason I made it an important topic of discussion is because there are many who find money to be a limiting factor. For me I totally get that things could go wrong....my hope and goal would be to do Stride and get back to work on crutches in 3-4 weeks...

I also would like to say im not suggesting or planning to loan 100k to afford the surgery.. of course I would ideally like to save up 60-70% of the cost and then take a loan out for the rest. I don't know if anyone thinks this is adequete but its definitely part of my plan

But I wouldn't want to loan out the entire cost of course not, and def not promoting that!

dreamingtall

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 05:30:57 PM »

has anyone loaned out some of the cost and been successful aka not tanked and gone bankrupt

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 09:18:57 PM »

How Much did you take out in loans? Are you still wrecked in life because of this... i just think its important to understand the impact in its entirety

Almost $30,000 in 2007 money if you count the plane tickets I bought with my credit cards.  Bad credit will hurt some people more than others, depending on what they go on to do in life.  It doesn't affect me much, but it might cause severe problems for you, so think about the risks.

dreamingtall

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 09:45:14 PM »

Almost $30,000 in 2007 money if you count the plane tickets I bought with my credit cards.  Bad credit will hurt some people more than others, depending on what they go on to do in life.  It doesn't affect me much, but it might cause severe problems for you, so think about the risks.

Alright well you were also in 2007.... I think the moral of the story is it is now 2019 and the TECH is Up^^^^ I mean the major game changer is Stryde and the fact that you can fully weight bear on it. Maybe that 30k wouldn't have messed you up so bad if you had been able to get back to work faster...

The reality is now that with Stryde LL patients can get back to work in a months time - sometimes even less. It'll definitely have it's challenges but when we talk about financing we must factor in the New VS Old obstacles

Ghostfish

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2019, 06:36:29 AM »

The reality is now that with Stryde LL patients can get back to work in a months time - sometimes even less. It'll definitely have it's challenges but when we talk about financing we must factor in the New VS Old obstacles
It is true that Stryde is a game changer that allows you to walk before bones are fully consolidated.  However, it is not like you walk as used to be.  On top of that, you need to do lots of PT to extend your bones.  If you don't work on PT, you can't extend much.  You will have some pain at all time which will definitely slow you down at work.  As you lengthen more and more, the pain and tightness will get bigger and bigger.  You can't work as good and efficiently as before.  It also all depends on what type of work you have or will have.  You also may a high risk of falling down at work.  And you may be found by your colleagues that you are doing CLL. 
Although I am aware that there are a few people who managed to work during lengthening with Stryde nails, I strongly recommend you to avoid this option.  It will be better for you just to focus on lengthening which normally takes 3 months.  Ideally, you need to have 1-2 months to recover your mobility before work.  I know everybody here is so desperate to get cll done as soon as possible.  I was like that.  But the reality is  not something we can ignore easily.  I have waited for long and long time to finally get this done.  Be patient and prepared.

Good luck!   

short

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 08:42:43 AM »

....my hope and goal would be to do Stride and get back to work on crutches in 3-4 weeks...

forget it!

whyme

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 11:12:28 AM »

And your colleagues are bound to know that you have done something with both of  your legs and your height is noticeably increased. There's no hiding it with reasons like accident etc etc

Btw if one can save their leaves up for the entire year/ take sabbatical leave/ somehow convince their company management, what should be the duration of that period in months so that no one will come to know what you have done. I mean you willl be able to walk just like before

Thanks

Ghostfish

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »

Btw if one can save their leaves up for the entire year/ take sabbatical leave/ somehow convince their company management, what should be the duration of that period in months so that no one will come to know what you have done. I mean you willl be able to walk just like before

Thanks
Hey whyme
If you don't expect to do lots of activity and will definitely stay in low profile, I would say 6 months will be enough for you to go back to work without anyone noticing.  The minimum time will be 5 months but you will have some difficulty walking a long distance, taking stairs, standing long time, squatting deep, or some sort of activity that needs high flexibility or duration.

Good luck,

dreamingtall

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 06:17:21 PM »

Alright but honestly just because you got height surgery doesnt mean you should get fired  ;D .... I know how work can be though...maybe its best to prepare to just chill for a while.... certainly you can get unemployment while you're lengthening

Antonio

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »

LOL Before it used to be the case that if you couldn't pay your debt, they would break your legs. Now you want to break your legs before paying your debt!

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 01:00:18 AM »

LOL Before it used to be the case that if you couldn't pay your debt, they would break your legs. Now you want to break your legs before paying your debt!
Lmao

dreamingtall

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2019, 06:47:28 PM »

I think the worst cost about this surgery is the time cost and the missed opportunity cost.... Maybe I'll write a book while I'm lengthening

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2020, 11:05:09 PM »

I think if you have most aspects of life set in order (good job/ good resume, friends, family), then quitting your job and taking out a loan would just help fuel your recovery financially in a good way. If you're life isn't perfect, but you made an active effort and your BEST effort and not just lazy effort to improve everything in life, I'd say you're still a good candidate for LL. Noticed a trend of software engineers in Silicon Valley quitting their job and doing LL and easily being able to recoup the loss. Unfortunately such a job is limited to only a percentage of the population and most people aren't as fortunate to be able to get such a high income job with easy re-employement at such a young age.

If height is really affecting you in such a way that you feel like you're not gonna change your neurosis anytime soon (talking, years), I would say take out a loan. If you're in your early to mid 20s, this is undoubtedly the best time to get LL, you recover much much better. Late 20s early 30s is also good. Once you start hitting late 30s, I would imagine you can never forgive yourself for waiting until you were that age, your prime years are long gone, and now you're still stuck with this height neurosis. Not much point in sufferring an extra 10 years for almost no reason and still being unsatisfied afterwards because you chose to not do LL.

The way I see it, loans can be repaid, youth can't. If you are truly upset about your height to the point where you feel like you can do so much more with a few extra inches, get the damn loan and worry after. If you're unemployeed or a NEET or hikikomori and you blame height and want to get LL, I guarantee you that you not be happy post-LL. Get your own life in order first, get a loan, and post-LL use your debt to fuel the fire in improving your income and paying it off.

Don't waste 10 years pondering whether to get LL or save money first, try therapy and if it's useless then get the loan and go forward with the surgery.

All you have to do is save enough money so that WITH a loan + your savings you will have enough money to go pay the surgery fees and housing for a year and a like 30k extra for potential complication surgeries. The second you hit this mark in savings, go for it.

This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 05:13:37 AM »

I agree. Do it now.
I did my on my late 20's, early 30's and my ONLY regret is that I didn't do it earlier.
I had known about LL for more than 10 years before I did but I had bought the mainstream idea that was just in my head.
It wasn't and all the heightism problem went away after I got my LL.

Movie

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2020, 07:59:03 AM »

I'd say if there's a loan with Low interest for this then sure go ahead and get it, but if not It's good to learn how to make enough money to get this surgery, use it as motivation to make money that's what I did... I learned about LL when I was about 17-18 and ever since then I really wanted to do it I mean it was my obsession every dollar I'd make, I'd say Great, I'm closer to my surgery and being taller. It definitely does help being as young as possible when you get it. I luckily had made enough money in my shortish life time at the age of 23 to afford top quality service, my only regret is not getting it sooner as well. lol
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2020, 02:49:45 PM »

I'd say if there's a loan with Low interest for this then sure go ahead and get it, but if not It's good to learn how to make enough money to get this surgery, use it as motivation to make money that's what I did... I learned about LL when I was about 17-18 and ever since then I really wanted to do it I mean it was my obsession every dollar I'd make, I'd say Great, I'm closer to my surgery and being taller. It definitely does help being as young as possible when you get it. I luckily had made enough money in my shortish life time at the age of 23 to afford top quality service, my only regret is not getting it sooner as well. lol

Just curious Movie what do you do? Not trying to dox you but are you an entrepeneur or something? Because I am thinking about going into software engineering and even with a 100k+ salary it'll still probably take me until 25 to save enough money... Incredibly impressive that you self funded by 23. Amazing Movie lmao
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Movie

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »

Coding is a really good field to get into right now, I'm actually learning a bit of coding myself. Yes I'm an entrepreneur I've never had a job for longer than 2 weeks and only have had 2 different jobs. I was wholesaling electronics whole 2018 and that's what made me a lot of money. it stopped due to Trump's Chine trade war since my products were coming from china.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Batu

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 09:18:05 AM »

It's a good idea to discuss these topics, I don't think anybody should put their flag in the ground on either side.

Everyones case is unique and it is a decision that ultimately must be made by the individual and regardless of the outcome they must realize the decision was theirs and nobody elses.

I understand both sides. Many could potentially realize their issues weren't height related or weren't only height related and they're left depressed and in debt which exacerbates the issue. The could stretch themselves too thinly and they're left in debt, unable to work due to complications, a bad recovery, a a bad economy and there are probably many other issues that are hard to anticipate.

Patients being forced to save for this procedure would weed out a lot of the people who were getting it thinking it would fix their life, these people often wouldn't put in the work and sacrifice required to get surgery.

On the other hand it's an expensive procedure and many may not be able to come up with the lump sum without financing. This is actually quite common, these types of things are often available to those than can afford it first and become cheaper over time.

I also understand why people want to get it as early as possible for both recovery and maximzing their return on investment.

When it comes to the surgery we have to accept the risks and decide whether they are worth it and taking on debt to get the procedure is just an additional risk to factor in for some.

There are other threads where people are discussing whether a woman should get the surgery. I agree with those arguing that it's up to the individual and they must decide for themselves and people shouldn't be intentionally dissuaded.
I would also say it is fair to point out things that the person may not have considered too, for example that as women get taller their pool for mates generally shrinks - kinda the reverse for men lol.

This isn't aimed at anyone, just putting my thoughts out there.

On a side note -
has anybody else found that after discovering LL you can become somewhat consumed by it lol? In the thread I created I mentioned I'd stumbled across it unintentionally, I am in general happy and wasn't really aware what was possible with the latest tech.

I guess it makes sense though, it's a pretty big deal if you find something that you believe could significantly improve your life and solve a potential issue that you feel holds you back from reaching your full potential (or full quality of life potential).

I took a break from all LL related topics and it was nice to disconnect for a bit. You gotta live your best life regardless - exercise, eat healthy, good friends/family/relationships, productive hobbies, be passionate, strive for success in all areas etc.

If I do decide to get LL then that's just the cherry on top or the thing that takes it to the next level. Life is gonna be good regardless though.

ghkid2019 - Remote work was starting to take off prior to the current health crisis and it's only gonna increase exponentially now. This can be a good way for a software dev to save extra money - you can leverage low cost of living in other areas / countries with high wages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up