Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Guichet A new Journey of LL for 4 cm Gain  (Read 1387 times)

Toreachagoal

• Visitor
Dr. Guichet A new Journey of LL for 4 cm Gain
« on: April 04, 2022, 07:00:05 AM »

Hello,

I began my LL journey with Dr. Guichet back in November 2021. We had our initial chat at that time when I inquired about the details of the operation and began to train for the procedure. I had my operation on March 11, 2022 and reached my goal of 4 cm as of April 3, 2022.

Dr. Guichet and his team have a really dialed in system to help you complete your goal when it comes to LL. However just know this journey is not easy. You will have pain after the operation, you will have to work a lot after the operation to maintain strength and flexibility after the operation even-though your going to feel like resting most of the time.

Things do get easier as time goes on if you prepared well ahead of time, and train hard during the lengthening. Things started to become easier for me as I finished my last few clicks. But, we are told 3-4 week mark is when most patience see  lots of improvements if they follow the program provided to them.

The day of the operation I was able to walk, go up stairs, and even walk right away from the operating bed. The pain was not much the day of the operation, but got worse the first few days after the operation. With pain medicine you can manage this stage of the it.

A week after the operation Dr. Guichet even had me stand on leg to show me how strong the internal nails are. I was shocked when I managed to do it. I'm walking now at times with no crutches for a short period of time, this was told to me to help build the bone stronger and faster.

I will keep this diary updated as I'm now in the recovery process

thankscience

Re: Dr. Guichet A new Journey of LL for 4 cm Gain
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 08:24:29 AM »

Glad to hear things are going well.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you, and why did you opt only to lengthen 4cm?

Toreachagoal

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 11:55:11 AM »

It cost 61K euros and that does not include food, stay, transportation, and exam cost. Maybe another 10-15K for all of that. I only did 4 cm because my believe is you should only do as much as you need. Why force more on your body. With the 4 cm I reached my dream height of 183 cm and I'm very happy with that.

It's been one week now almost since I stop clicking and I will say the pain is now completely gone, other then sometimes in my knees I have a little pain when I walk for to long with minimal crutches use. I do this to put some pressure on my legs to speed up the healing process.

In my opinion LL is very challenging and those who prepare their bodies in advance are the once that can manage it best. Also, try to have a support system with you if possible when doing it. Also, your most likely going to have pain  in the beginning and your going to have to be ok with that. Thinking you will be the lucky person who has it easy will probably just make it harder then easier on you. And if you happen to be the person that it's easy for then I happy for you.

One thing about leghenining that I want to share is that it goes from easy to hard to easy to hard. I asked a few patience from the past and they had the same experience. It seems the first 1-3 cm are easy, then 3-4 cm tends to be hard because your bones are coming back, then 4-5 seems to be easy again, and then from their it gets challenging for most patience who try to do more then 5 cm. My advice is to never do more then 5-6 cm of legthening at one time. Not only is it hard, but it takes a long time to reach something like 8 cm of gain, and the healing process is also about twice as long. If you really want something like 8+ cm gain your better doing it over two operation space some years apart. I know many patience who do just that. Of course I also learn of some patience who gained 8-10 cm at one time, but those patience had a combination of good reaction to the operation, so meaning little pain and difficulty clicking, and they also had a navy seal kind of mind.   

If anyone has any further questions please ask, but I can't express enough that preparing 3 months in advance is the best thing you can do for this procedure.

Prepare by: 1. Strength training your legs 2. Increase Flexibility 3. Get your body used to eating 3000-4000 calories daily after the operation so if your not much of a eater right now, maybe slowly increase your caloric intake day by day so your stomach gets used to consuming this level of calories. The calorie part is really important because this plays a big role in maintaining your muscle mass when leghening which makes the process easier, and makes recovery much easier as well.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 03:12:14 AM »

It cost 61K euros and that does not include food, stay, transportation, and exam cost. Maybe another 10-15K for all of that. I only did 4 cm because my believe is you should only do as much as you need. Why force more on your body. With the 4 cm I reached my dream height of 183 cm and I'm very happy with that.

It's been one week now almost since I stop clicking and I will say the pain is now completely gone, other then sometimes in my knees I have a little pain when I walk for to long with minimal crutches use. I do this to put some pressure on my legs to speed up the healing process.

In my opinion LL is very challenging and those who prepare their bodies in advance are the once that can manage it best. Also, try to have a support system with you if possible when doing it. Also, your most likely going to have pain  in the beginning and your going to have to be ok with that. Thinking you will be the lucky person who has it easy will probably just make it harder then easier on you. And if you happen to be the person that it's easy for then I happy for you.

One thing about leghenining that I want to share is that it goes from easy to hard to easy to hard. I asked a few patience from the past and they had the same experience. It seems the first 1-3 cm are easy, then 3-4 cm tends to be hard because your bones are coming back, then 4-5 seems to be easy again, and then from their it gets challenging for most patience who try to do more then 5 cm. My advice is to never do more then 5-6 cm of legthening at one time. Not only is it hard, but it takes a long time to reach something like 8 cm of gain, and the healing process is also about twice as long. If you really want something like 8+ cm gain your better doing it over two operation space some years apart. I know many patience who do just that. Of course I also learn of some patience who gained 8-10 cm at one time, but those patience had a combination of good reaction to the operation, so meaning little pain and difficulty clicking, and they also had a navy seal kind of mind.   

If anyone has any further questions please ask, but I can't express enough that preparing 3 months in advance is the best thing you can do for this procedure.

Prepare by: 1. Strength training your legs 2. Increase Flexibility 3. Get your body used to eating 3000-4000 calories daily after the operation so if your not much of a eater right now, maybe slowly increase your caloric intake day by day so your stomach gets used to consuming this level of calories. The calorie part is really important because this plays a big role in maintaining your muscle mass when leghening which makes the process easier, and makes recovery much easier as well.

Thanks for posting this!!! What are the most common situations where you are most likely to fall/injured yourself during internal lengthening?

I am getting g-nail done this fall on femurs

Toreachagoal

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 01:07:05 PM »

You're most likely going to hurt yourself if you go up or downstairs and not being careful. Or when your getting up or sitting down if you done use a walker or crutches to hold some of your weight before you have fusion of your bones. The last situation is if you fall if your not careful were you walk.

asdfg12345

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 11:02:02 PM »

Did you ever hear clicks after consolidation? During lengthening, did you ever experience clicks where you clicked and it does not elongate?
Pages: [1]   Go Up