Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: STRYDING to 3 INCHES with Dr. Mahboubian - Support is appreciated  (Read 27949 times)

BoneStretching

Re: STRYDING to 3 INCHES with Dr. Mahboubian - Support is appreciated
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2019, 08:37:36 PM »

Hey EZ -

So for me it is the quads ... especially around the upper knee. It is also pulling me into a pelvic tilt, which is fading, but a pain in the ass and back literally.

Thank you for the encouragement bro. I guess you, I , and movie will be coming out of this journey around the same time (give or take a few weeks).

BoneStretching

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2019, 12:21:08 AM »

Today was a tough one for me due to lack of sleep.

I woke up at 3pm. I guess it will be a late night for me.

Hope everyone is doing great!

BoneStretching

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2019, 08:00:34 AM »

I believe I am in the patience part of my recovery.

I think it comes to expect that as a 38 year old you are not going to heal like a guy in his early 20s.

Right now I am walking around everywhere, which is good. They are choppy tight steps, but they are steps.

What I find now, is a lot of achieness in my lower back, pelvic, knees, and legs in general.

This part takes patience. When you finish the distraction phase you just want to heal, but I realize now that this phase is just as important and requires just as much patience as phase 1.

Movie

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2019, 12:00:13 PM »

totaly bro, I relate. but yeah man It's going to take time and that's ok, at least we are already done with the tough part lol.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

BoneStretching

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2019, 04:20:32 PM »

AyMayun my brother...

#NeverForget the bone stretching phase lol (Tips a 40 for all my LL homies currently in that distraction phase).

Thanks for the positive vibes this AM movie, much needed and appreciated.

I woke up and got to the routine this AM with a small walk around my apt, was a good start. Thank God no 3pm wake up this am, eyes opened at 8am.

More updates to come.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 04:43:11 PM by BoneStretching »

BoneStretching

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »

So as I hit about 3.5 months. 2 weeks post distraction, and 3 inches taller I notice the following:

1. I am walking around a lot more, and can move and do things i would never dare attempt in the past (during distraction). Includes 360 turns in shower, stepping over objects, stairs.
2. Legs do feel stronger as i can stand and walk around for much longer.
3. New Aches and pains have come about, specifically in my knees and shins. Knees are tight, its like i can feel muscles, and ligaments/ tendons etc pulling my leg straight. This kind of surprised me. Perhaps I am feeling this because my new range of motion and activity is hitting new muscles that have been non active these past 3 months? (guess here).
4. APT  more noticeable battle as I walk more and more.
5. Sleep is still tough. I can lay on my side, but still hard to get comfortable with the tight knees and pelvic area, so I just stay on my back to avoid the strain.

Sums it up for now.

Movie

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2019, 10:08:30 PM »

Nice improvements man, couple weeks of no distraction really does make a difference huh, lol. keep it up bro we'll be back to normal in no time
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

BoneStretching

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2019, 02:09:12 AM »

You got that right Movie.

Movie, how is your sleeping at Month 4? Near normal yet?

Movie

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2019, 03:25:15 AM »

yeah bro back to normal don't even use my tylenol pm's anymore they're not necessary, there's a 1-2/10 level pain always pretty sure because my bones are still not fully consolidated but I'm sure it'll all go away soon.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

BoneStretching

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2019, 03:35:39 AM »

Went to PT today.

Pushed me to the bone.

One think they said was "We have got to get you walking straight, and get ride of that waddle".

I am assuming, this is just about practicing and improving hip flexion, and over all flexibility, in order to restore your gait.

Learn something new every day. onward.

Movie

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2019, 08:22:12 AM »

it is about practicing it, but it's mostly strength rather than flexibility, though flexibility is like 35-40% of the puzzle, but I feel that I don't waddle anymore until I get tired, meaning that some strength goes away but I'm still fairly flexible for having done 8cms on my femurs. so yes you want to be flexible, but to not sway while walking, that requires the strength on your hips to be able to hold your weight on one leg without having to dip your torso in.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

InFullStryde

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »

Went to PT today.

Pushed me to the bone.

One think they said was "We have got to get you walking straight, and get ride of that waddle".

I am assuming, this is just about practicing and improving hip flexion, and over all flexibility, in order to restore your gait.

Learn something new every day. onward.

Bone Stretcher, this will all come back in the coming weeks.  Your legs will loosen up and as Movie mentioned, you get stronger.   We don't realize it; but our stronger muscles are compensating for the weaker muscles all day during CLL, early stages.   You probably have some back pain too? That is due to the lower back being promoted since your quads/glutes/hams are weaker.  Within weeks now you'll start to feel more normal and once you see the light in terms of approaching that normal; your improvement becomes very rapid.  I need to update the forum with my latest, but I'm now 11 months post opp and I feel completely normal again when walking.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:38:31 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

BoneStretching

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2019, 11:06:06 PM »

Thanks guys I tell you, this information is invaluable to me. I will focus on strengthening @ movie
FullStryde, good to know I appear on pace with the process.

More updates to come son.

E Z

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2019, 03:34:30 AM »

hey Bone, since your quads are so tight, are you still able to maintain a 90 degree bend?

BoneStretching

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2019, 06:09:37 AM »

E Z

so right when i finished lengthening i was right at 90 degrees ...

2 weeks later (now), i can go about 105 degrees...its coming back fast with stretching and PT.

How are you doing there?

BoneStretching

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2019, 04:37:49 AM »

Flexibility coming back... still a bit weak in the knees. The muscles on side of my hips are the weakest.

Will try to focus on these over next few weeks.

Trusting it all gets better.

E Z

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2019, 06:01:04 AM »

Nice! It’s so exciting waking up everyday and noticing improvements. Super motivating.

What would you say your gait to be at percentage wise at this point? How much longer do you think it’ll take you?

I’m probably at the 60-65% mark 9-days post distraction. Still wobbly, my knees are still bent due to tight hamstrings, and my flexibility is absolute  **** Lol!

BoneStretching

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2019, 06:35:36 AM »

I am at about 80%

I find that the more time and effort you put in at this stage, the faster you will heal.

Stretch hams and quads
Work on Pelvic tilt
walk walk walk, focus on keeping straight, and bending knees *walkin normal*...

I just know that has got to be the key.

BoneStretching

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2019, 08:34:37 PM »

Ok.. update.. I notice my standing strength is stronger, i can stand quite a while.

Working on gait (same update as last few posts).

So strength hopefully on right track.

BoneStretching

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2019, 08:08:40 AM »

Feeling achy tonight, can walk around, but feeling wirey and achie in the knees.

InFullStryde

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2019, 10:49:16 PM »

Feeling achy tonight, can walk around, but feeling wirey and achie in the knees.

All very normal. You're doing just fine.  Keep.Going.Strong.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

Movie

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »

Me too bro on the knees, but it's because it's cold AF in LA lately lol
Nails removed 10/06/2021

BoneStretching

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2019, 02:16:52 AM »

.. warm shower does the trick for the knees for atleast an hour.

BoneStretching

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2019, 06:01:21 AM »

Today I officially 1 day past 4 months. Starting slowly to get back into the gym. Not picking up any weights, just using machines, as I want the doc to clear me for that first.

Here is what i notice at this stage:

1.  Legs wiry, and sore around the knees. Random 1 - 2 pains when moving around. Just what you would feel if you were "achie".

2. Flexibility is improving. Biggest issue with my gait right now is extending my legs a normal distance in front of me (steps are choppy), and using my hips too much when walking. Per @movie, this appears to be related to strength. I am compensating for weakness in the legs and hips, my swinging my legs and hips side to side. Makes sense based on what i am feeling. I am practicing my walk daily, and stretching to try to fix this.

3. APT (pelvic tilt), appears to be about 75 % resolved, however any pelvic tilt is a pain in the A** and back literally, so still working on that.

At this stage, i should be able to get back out and do everything i need to do, gym, office, jakuzzi, cook, small walks, dining etc.

In public i will opt to have a cane to straighten out my gait, and curve the fatigue.

All i got going for now team.

JsElysianEagle

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2019, 07:03:38 AM »

You’re past the toughest stage at least, take it one day at a time and you’ll be running and jumping very soon!!

You got this bro

InFullStryde

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »

Today I officially 1 day past 4 months. Starting slowly to get back into the gym. Not picking up any weights, just using machines, as I want the doc to clear me for that first.

Here is what i notice at this stage:

1.  Legs wiry, and sore around the knees. Random 1 - 2 pains when moving around. Just what you would feel if you were "achie".

2. Flexibility is improving. Biggest issue with my gait right now is extending my legs a normal distance in front of me (steps are choppy), and using my hips too much when walking. Per @movie, this appears to be related to strength. I am compensating for weakness in the legs and hips, my swinging my legs and hips side to side. Makes sense based on what i am feeling. I am practicing my walk daily, and stretching to try to fix this.

3. APT (pelvic tilt), appears to be about 75 % resolved, however any pelvic tilt is a pain in the A** and back literally, so still working on that.

At this stage, i should be able to get back out and do everything i need to do, gym, office, jakuzzi, cook, small walks, dining etc.

In public i will opt to have a cane to straighten out my gait, and curve the fatigue.

All i got going for now team.

Hey Bone!

You're on track with where I was at.  Being that you and I are almost identical in our age, starting stature, etc... It's no surprise that our progress throughout this procedure was in-step with the other.   This month will be one to remember for you. "The Return" is now imminent. 

Talk soon

TheAlchemist

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »

Thanks for keeping a detailed diary through consolidation. Progress looks great! I'll follow in your footsteps with the ongoing PT.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

BoneStretching

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2019, 10:28:42 PM »

Thanks Alchemist,

I can not emphasize this more, stretch hard, and strengthening your legs throughout this process (walk best you can, as much as you can - it will improve incrementally), and let PT know, strength is also very important to you. Exception: If you are in immense pain, that means rest. Common sense right?

I hope my advice helps others come out of the "distraction" with strong legs, so their healing can be months ahead of time.

Aside from Movie's youth, what I really credit him for  is he was walking all over the place, climbing stairs when he could, and on a "self strengthening" agenda from day 1. Props @ Movie.

We all need to learn from each other here. I did OK, but could have done better on the strengthening side, so i pay the knowledge forward.

God speed my friend.

Movie

« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »

Thanks for the props bro and yes I agree, and allow me to go even further I believe strengthening is even more important than stretching, I see a lot of people fix their PT on stretching only and that's not the way to go I think, because what good is it for you to be flexible as back to normal but have weak legs/hips and because of that continue to sway side to side, instead of even if you're not too flexible but have strength, your walk will look more normal
Nails removed 10/06/2021

BoneStretching

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »

Agree, I am really seeing that now.

The biggest issue I face at the moment is the weakness in hips and knees. Its at par, but has definitely added at least a month of additional recovery, I think I could have avoided.

We also have to remember that weakness = pain... So when you have that weakness, your joints will communicate that over exertion by throwing pain signals.

I recommend everyone, ESPECIALLY those using STRYDE to take advantage of the weight bearing technology.

Onward... will send another update next week.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 04:45:23 PM by BoneStretching »

TheAlchemist

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »

Lots of gems here from LL all stars. Thanks ya'll. I'm going to prioritize strength now (I'm 3 days post distraction) with glute and hip exercises as those are my weakest areas.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up