Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Soon femur LON in Istanbul  (Read 47057 times)

Fox

Re: Soon femur LON in Istanbul
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »

Yess doctor say im strong because i can sit now normal with femur frame inside my legs , im not lose knee space and that is important , but i feel tired from femur i just wait to remove device and put in tibia , i hope tibia will be less stress and pain

Do you recommend that doctor? Whats your thoughts about him?
165.5 / 5'5"

Meck

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2020, 01:07:31 PM »

I totally trust him , thats way i made now tibia after femur and i hope all will be fine

Fox

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2020, 01:54:52 PM »

I totally trust him , thats way i made now tibia after femur and i hope all will be fine

i know you're not allowed but can you at least give me a hint on how much did you pay? around 80k usd?
and your LL is only with internal fixators right?
165.5 / 5'5"

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2020, 03:04:49 PM »

Hello Meck,
How’s everything? Are you feeling ready for the tibia lengthening?

Meck

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2020, 04:28:55 PM »

Hi mate , is hard to explain, in same moment im ready because i know femur device will be removed and i will be able to sleep on side, than is same moment i feel litle  scary when he remove femur to made tibia , because i know i must again 4 month almost been with this device on my legs and i worry because i have pain deep inside my femur. But i will do surgery no matter what happen in monday 8 am i start , when is done if is all ok i will post picture of my new device and scars from femur. I decide to go on 18cm with all my power

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2020, 06:03:41 PM »

Hi mate , is hard to explain, in same moment im ready because i know femur device will be removed and i will be able to sleep on side, than is same moment i feel litle  scary when he remove femur to made tibia , because i know i must again 4 month almost been with this device on my legs and i worry because i have pain deep inside my femur. But i will do surgery no matter what happen in monday 8 am i start , when is done if is all ok i will post picture of my new device and scars from femur. I decide to go on 18cm with all my power

Try to lengthen as much as your body lets you, don’t try to surpass that. Your legs being healthy and safe should be your first priority.
What did your doctor say about you wanting to lengthen 8.5cm tibia right after you just lengthened almost 10cm on femur?
Didn’t he warn you that there might be a bigger chance of complications if you lengthen so much, in such a short amount of time?

Fox

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2020, 07:11:11 PM »

Try to lengthen as much as your body lets you, don’t try to surpass that. Your legs being healthy and safe should be your first priority.
What did your doctor say about you wanting to lengthen 8.5cm tibia right after you just lengthened almost 10cm on femur?
Didn’t he warn you that there might be a bigger chance of complications if you lengthen so much, in such a short amount of time?

thats what i dont understand as well. how is that doctor lets him to lengthen this much after in this short period of time between surgeries? he friggin did nearly 10 cm in his femur and 1 or 2 months later tibia with 8 cm? alright its possible but shouldnt there be like at least a year in between?

i really dont get that. seems like that doctor is craving for some money? or did he warn the patient already but patient insist on doing it?

and is it possible to do an another LL before consolidation is complete?
165.5 / 5'5"

Zion

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2020, 07:33:25 PM »

thats what i dont understand as well. how is that doctor lets him to lengthen this much after in this short period of time between surgeries? he friggin did nearly 10 cm in his femur and 1 or 2 months later tibia with 8 cm? alright its possible but shouldnt there be like at least a year in between?

i really dont get that. seems like that doctor is craving for some money? or did he warn the patient already but patient insist on doing it?

and is it possible to do an another LL before consolidation is complete?

He is using externals but I understand that with pure internals one could go for the second surgery like 3 weeks after the first one (if all is ok), so you are basically lengthening all bones quite at the same time.

I suppose every person's body is different...same as with the Dr opinion, experience, etc...

Obviously, I think how much you want to lengthen is also taken into the equation... :o

Meck

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2020, 05:44:21 PM »

I just have done tibia lon before 30 min i wake up , stil canot write nothing, i feel pain

Fox

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2020, 07:07:45 PM »

I just have done tibia lon before 30 min i wake up , stil canot write nothing, i feel pain

man you crazy! how much are you gonna lenghten the tibia now? can you tell a bit more about your doctor when you're ok?
hope all will be fine for you bro, keep going!
165.5 / 5'5"

cam007

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2020, 07:53:50 PM »

man you crazy! how much are you gonna lenghten the tibia now? can you tell a bit more about your doctor when you're ok?
hope all will be fine for you bro, keep going!

Why do people do this lol.  Why tell him keep going when he clearly is outside of the safe limits of lengthening both femurs and Tibia.   Could’ve sworn when doing both after watching paley and Dr R videos, the same limit on adults when doing both sections is 6 and 5 max. Which is 11cm .

So why is this person saying 18cm. Everyone body is NOT that different....

He needs to chill out and listen to his body. he’s way out the safe zone.
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

Fox

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2020, 07:58:47 PM »

Why do people do this lol.  Why tell him keep going when he clearly is outside of the safe limits of lengthening both femurs and Tibia.   Could’ve sworn when doing both after watching paley and Dr R videos, the same limit on adults when doing both sections is 6 and 5 max. Which is 11cm .

So why is this person saying 18cm. Everyone body is NOT that different....

He needs to chill out and listen to his body. he’s way out the safe zone.

well obviously he's out of the surgery now, what else i can say? no options rather than being positive towards him now,
maybe he will pull it off, MyEvolution did it, though he's been to the best doctor.. and he used stryde for himself, and put a whole year in between, this guy is using a different method and there is much less time in between the surgeries..

and i think you can go more on the femurs, 1 or 2 cm's more ( only if you really pay attention to stretching exercises ) but the safe limit is max 6 on the tibia i've heard and read.
yeah this guy is totally insane, but thats what i was wondering before, why his doctor lets him to go beyond his safe zone?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 08:25:36 PM by Fox »
165.5 / 5'5"

Meck

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2020, 10:25:58 PM »

Tomorow i will post pic with laotop and fur sure i will made 17-18cm,@cam007 you say 11 on boht I already finished femur wirh 9.4 so be sure i will do tibia to more than 7.5 or more,watch and see, you don't know me at all mate

cam007

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2020, 11:28:19 PM »

Tomorow i will post pic with laotop and fur sure i will made 17-18cm,@cam007 you say 11 on boht I already finished femur wirh 9.4 so be sure i will do tibia to more than 7.5 or more,watch and see, you don't know me at all mate

Bro your body isn’t  THAT different from every other male your height.  9.5cm on femurs , doesn’t even make sense.  The body’s soft tissues only have a certain amount they can stretch and then you’re basically going to leave it enlongated.  So what’s the point of 18cm if you practically securing a wheelchair future.

Even on dwarfs the max safe limit they have did  and advocated was 13cm...
So no people shouldn’t be hyping you lol.

All power to you though hope you have a recovery that lets you do normal things .

175cm , goal 181cm

Meck

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2020, 02:02:53 AM »

I measured before 163 now 172.5, after I reach 9 cm I wallk with crouches but I put down crouches and i wallk normal without any help at home i use crouches only when go outside, so i think now when device is removed will be more easy to do.Dont know why paople say is danger i made successfully, and i measure my wingspan is 176 so I will looks ok with 18cm. Please give me a chance to i made and prove that can be done

cam007

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2020, 05:08:58 AM »

I measured before 163 now 172.5, after I reach 9 cm I wallk with crouches but I put down crouches and i wallk normal without any help at home i use crouches only when go outside, so i think now when device is removed will be more easy to do.Dont know why paople say is danger i made successfully, and i measure my wingspan is 176 so I will looks ok with 18cm. Please give me a chance to i made and prove that can be done

I’m not doubting you want to get it done or that you are going to get it done. I’m speaking on the amount of danger you are doing to yourself by going farther then almost all doctors state is normal recovery level. 

I’m not knocking you though. Do you.  I just don’t think people should hype you up when you’re doing something even more dangerous in an already dangerous surgery.

But it looks like your mind is made up. So hope you have a good recovery man!
175cm , goal 181cm

Meck

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »

This is the picture of tibia  LON, femur fixator is removed, doctor not yet send me xray

Fox

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »

This is the picture of tibia  LON, femur fixator is removed, doctor not yet send me xray

i hate tibia and tibia pain, this looks like its going to be a little harder for you. i really hope everything will turn out to be perfect for you man, but really, please dont go over 6 cm on tibia, you already have to do a lots of stretching!
165.5 / 5'5"

Meck

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2020, 02:54:39 PM »

Doctor not put internal device into my tibia , when i came to lock with screew he will put internal device and lock with screew, he say is better like this for now to not demage bone until femur not heal , here pictures

kilin

• Visitor
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2020, 06:24:42 PM »

Bro your body isn’t  THAT different from every other male your height.  9.5cm on femurs , doesn’t even make sense.  The body’s soft tissues only have a certain amount they can stretch and then you’re basically going to leave it enlongated.  So what’s the point of 18cm if you practically securing a wheelchair future.
Why he did secure a wheelchair future if right now he can walk with 9.5 cm?

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2020, 07:27:51 PM »

Even on dwarfs the max safe limit they have did  and advocated was 13cm...
So no people shouldn’t be hyping you lol.

Cam... buddy... you really must keep looking for better sources, since this statement of yours is a big lie. I really would like to see where you are getting all this info from. Anywho, regarding 13cm being the absolute max... well this is just not true.
Since I’ve read many of your comments in the past few days, on many different threads, clearly you are a man who likes to be shown some type of proof. Well, I can assure you that 13cm is definitely not the max, since even Dr. Paley himself has an option(option 5, if you would like to take a look), where he suggests 16cm, stating that it’s one of the safest options of all 5. I agree that his approach to this height is very different from Paley’s option, where you lengthen both segments 4cm each, three weeks apart and after 1-1.5 years later, you repeat the process. This method is just crazy bunkers since he’s trying to lengthen both segments passing the safety limits, and all this at once. But right now I’m addressing your comment of 13cm being the absolute max you can lengthen. Meck clearly has made up his mind, disregarding my advice to take a different approach, so all we can do now is hope for the best results and who knows, maybe he’ll pull it through and leave is all with open mouths. My point now is that it’s better for his mental health to get in the forum and see that we are rooting for him and we hope he makes it through. By doing this, I personally believe, it will indirectly impact his recovery in a positive way,

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2020, 07:41:54 PM »

Doctor not put internal device into my tibia , when i came to lock with screew he will put internal device and lock with screew, he say is better like this for now to not demage bone until femur not heal , here pictures

Meck, right now it just seems like he’s performed the holy fix method which will most likely cause a misalignment, which you can kinda see it already, but I believe once they insert the internal nail it will straighten it out. Best of luck, and please keep us updated!

Meck

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2020, 07:59:39 AM »

First time i stand up and wallk now, feel lot of pain, dont remmeber what pain more femur or tibia,
Skyisthelimit thx so much for posstive vibe , right now i dont need negative crap like from that guy above , pain is massive, if i survive this i will survive all i think

Meck

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2020, 02:13:46 PM »

When i made femur surgery and after 6 days i move into hotel from monday to saturday stay in hospital
now i made tibia in monday and tomorow is saturday and im not able to wallk to hotel yet i start wallk but really slow and pain like hell
doctor when locked my device he lentething both side litle more to get all correct and he made measure and im actually grom 9.8 not 9.4 cm on femur , can this be reason now to not have power to wallk to hotel after 6 days of operation

internet resim yükleme

limewalk

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2020, 08:09:45 PM »

Hi meck,

Not bad, your femur seems to be straighter than before.

Why didn't you think of waiting for some time to see how you recover with 10cm of femur lengthening before doing tibias?

Meck

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2020, 08:33:06 PM »

I try to get all done before summer, think if I wait maybe I will not do tibia at all, that way i say myself when in in Turkey remove fixators better made now also tibia and remove in May, i just hope i doing right, I feel every day better but bottom pin on tibia start pain me today and I feel very uncomfortable with those pins, hope this bad feeling will gone, I will maybe made only 7cm on tibia to be all 17, because 18 is way to much, also with 17 is high score

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2020, 03:06:26 AM »

Not gonna lie, your doctor did a great job aligning those femur bones!

I would really caution you about lengthening so much on tibia and then having the nail inserted. Im not sure if you read my diary or Androids but our foot drop happened after nailing.

Your already taking a big risk by lengthening so much at once. If you do research that means your at an even greater risk. Nerve damage is no joke man. I couldnt move my foot up or down for 3+ months. Some people never recover. I was really lucky.

Dont play with fire bro
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Meck

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2020, 09:13:25 AM »

Hello everyone , today i move into hotel from the hospital and for now i canot wallk or stand up any more , my legs start swollen  and because of that i canot even stand up on my legs any more , when i do femur 5 day after i wallk outside the hospital to vip combi taxi , today 7 days after tibia , special emergency combi drive me into leg possition into hotel because i canot stand up , wtf going on before 2 days im able to wallk slowly but now is not possible, who say tibia LON is easy that femur he lie , my legs is complete useless  now

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »

Hello everyone , today i move into hotel from the hospital and for now i canot wallk or stand up any more , my legs start swollen  and because of that i canot even stand up on my legs any more , when i do femur 5 day after i wallk outside the hospital to vip combi taxi , today 7 days after tibia , special emergency combi drive me into leg possition into hotel because i canot stand up , wtf going on before 2 days im able to wallk slowly but now is not possible, who say tibia LON is easy that femur he lie , my legs is complete useless  now

The reason to this, Meck, is because you want to rush the procedures. You should’ve known that this surgery is one that has one of the longest recovery time. You just did 10cm, and you didnt even let the recovery start for the femurs after achieving so much and you jumped into the next surgery. You couldn’t have expected that it was gonna be as simple as starting fresh, like it was with the femurs. I really believe the best option was to wait some months. You should never hurry this surgery or everything will come falling down. I don’t know what to suggest now, since you already went under the second surgery. I believe 3cm will be as far as you’ll be able to take your tibias at this moment. All the soft tissues are already stretched and under pressure from the femur lengthening. These soft tissue are also connected to the tibia, so it’s not like you can lengthen much more. If you would have waited, you would have been able to lengthen more than you’re currently capable of at the moment, and with less risks of complications. Best of luck! Hope you pull it through!

Meck

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2020, 03:38:33 PM »

I go 7 even i cut my legs and trow away, im not get all this now because of 3 cm , sory mate im stronger than that

Fox

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »

I go 7 even i cut my legs and trow away, im not get all this now because of 3 cm , sory mate im stronger than that

this isnt a simple cosmetic surgery. you're not getting your nose done. this is a major leg surgery, your mind might be strong but your legs arent as strong as your mind, you should have waited at least a year!
hope everything will turn out to be OK for you pal, but i have serious concerns about your doctor. when you already have exceeded the safe limits, he shouldnt have let you done this, didnt he inform you that you should at least wait a year to achive these numbers?
why the heck he lets you?
165.5 / 5'5"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up