Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Soon femur LON in Istanbul  (Read 47068 times)

cam007

Re: Soon femur LON in Istanbul
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »

Hello everyone , today i move into hotel from the hospital and for now i canot wallk or stand up any more , my legs start swollen  and because of that i canot even stand up on my legs any more , when i do femur 5 day after i wallk outside the hospital to vip combi taxi , today 7 days after tibia , special emergency combi drive me into leg possition into hotel because i canot stand up , wtf going on before 2 days im able to wallk slowly but now is not possible, who say tibia LON is easy that femur he lie , my legs is complete useless  now

Dude there is a bunch of information and advice on here. I know I said I wouldn’t  go past 6.5cm on femurs based on the “safe” evidence and 5.5cm tibia.  Usually A healthy universal max is 12 cm on both parts with surgeries DONE within six months Or when one segment shows consolidation  or so.

You did like almost 10cm on femurs and over 7 on tibia, way over the safe 2 segment limit of any medical study Or post ive seen or read.

I think you should get a SECOND opinion from ANOTHER doctor in that country/area and see what they can do for you. And I would do that as soon as you can. 
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

Meck

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2020, 11:48:56 AM »

My doctor say he never say strong man like me , and when i have operation, cameras came tv and record me , becuase he say i will be able strait after femur done 10 cm be able get tibia done at least 7 and when i reach 6-7 to contact him to stop and we check how i wallk is all fine to get more, is my choose to get 10 cm on femur and maybe im nothing different than others or i dont know but i know my brain will not let me stop on 3 4 cm on tibia, i will give my best to made finaly 17-18 and  now only time will show  , just please dont be same negative feeling right now i need support and possitive , many in hospital stop femur on 6 cm my doctor say for them dont go more is max for you and they stop so he know who can and who canot do more , i dont know why for me he say that i will do max score but if he trust in me i must myself , and also today  is much better i stand up and and wallk into toilet 2 time in room so i need only shower from hospital and i feel much better, time will show now i hope i can reach more than 7 in tibia and wallk in same time without problems

TheB3ast

• Visitor
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »

My doctor say he never say strong man like me , and when i have operation, cameras came tv and record me , becuase he say i will be able strait after femur done 10 cm be able get tibia done at least 7 and when i reach 6-7 to contact him to stop and we check how i wallk is all fine to get more, is my choose to get 10 cm on femur and maybe im nothing different than others or i dont know but i know my brain will not let me stop on 3 4 cm on tibia, i will give my best to made finaly 17-18 and  now only time will show  , just please dont be same negative feeling right now i need support and possitive , many in hospital stop femur on 6 cm my doctor say for them dont go more is max for you and they stop so he know who can and who canot do more , i dont know why for me he say that i will do max score but if he trust in me i must myself , and also today  is much better i stand up and and wallk into toilet 2 time in room so i need only shower from hospital and i feel much better, time will show now i hope i can reach more than 7 in tibia and wallk in same time without problems

I made Tibial surgery and I think that it can be more difficult than femur. It’s connected not just with knees and thighs, but also ankle, feet and fingers. It become hard to move and rotate and everytime I do less stretching or exercise than I should my feet get so stiff that I can’t move at all. I barely see some reaction on the fingers. Keep massaging and stretching your femur muscles, I am feeling stifness, so you that already did femur Lengthening will probably feel more. Taking care of this part will maximize your results on tibia. The best way is to keep the Lengthening safe and try to avoid the complications, walk and exercise as much as you can. Cold bags help a lot with the blood circulation, and the warm ones relax the muscle and makes more easy to move, switch between both, few minutes each, and finish with the warm on your ankle/feet area and knee. You will notice less stifness and after that is easier to walk or exercise/stretch. While seating, with the knees bended, doing rotation movements with my thumb or two fingers (index and middle) on my calves has also helped me a lot, I move my feet whilst touching and I can identify the muscles that are stiff. I believe that this is all that can help you right now. Now that everything is done concentrate on your body and talk about the misalignment on your tibia with your doctor, how and when he will fix that, I am having the same problem. Tomorrow I have appointment with a new doctor here in scandinavia, I want different professional opinions about this matter. I fear that after Lengthening will be late to fix and I can end up with permanent damage. I would like to add that you should at 6 cm, but it’s your choice anyway and I wish you the best.

Meck

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »

thx mate for the info , is bad on tibia LON for me is bottom pins is  in ankle and hard to move with foot and very bad feeling, i hope all will be fine

Meck

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2020, 08:54:45 PM »

I decide to stay in hotel this time until lengthening done on tibia, becasue I don't have internal nail and this fixator move to much i have feeling will broke every moment. So better for me stay into hotel and finish lengthening and remove fixator and get nail inside, becasue when I stand up now my bones move to much inside and is danger go home like this, I will try lengthening litle faster 1.5mm sametime 2mm per day and i will give my best

want180

• Visitor
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2020, 11:40:37 PM »

I had a tibia LL before. I will suggest your tibia LL no more than 1 mm per day. I remember some doctor (Dr. Paley ?) said tibia LL is no more than 0.75 mm per day. Does your doctor allow to LL 1.5 mm or 2 mm? If your doctor allows you do this, we should avoid your doctor. He is not responsible for his patient.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2020, 01:54:00 AM »

1.5 to 2 mm per day? Bro do you really want to be in a wheelchair for life???
Your going to get serious nerve damage please listen to me man!
I really hope for the best but i feel like i should at least try and warn you. Ive been in your shoes and suffered serious consequences by “feeling strong” and thinking i could handle anything.
Jesus i hope and pray for the best, i just wish i had someone warning me about risks when i was going thru this.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Meck

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2020, 08:22:23 PM »

Lengthening when legs is still swollen is not good idea i have pain today 8/10, i need stop until swollen gone and 1mm will be nice idea, when i start by 2mm 4 days and today left leg wanna came out pain 8/10 

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2020, 09:31:14 PM »

Dude, don't be retarded. You will be crippling yourself for life. In tibias even 1mm is too much. Almost every single experienced LL doctor (i.e. Paley. Mahboubian, Betz, etc...) recommends 0,75mm per day and sometimes 0,5mm per day for tibias. You have much less blood in your tibias, it cannot take 1mm per day like femurs.

1mm or 1,5mm per day would already be stupid. But 2mm per day would probably put you in a wheelchair or crutches for the rest of your life.

Blackwhite

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2020, 10:50:27 PM »

I decide to stay in hotel this time until lengthening done on tibia, becasue I don't have internal nail and this fixator move to much i have feeling will broke every moment. So better for me stay into hotel and finish lengthening and remove fixator and get nail inside, becasue when I stand up now my bones move to much inside and is danger go home like this, I will try lengthening litle faster 1.5mm sametime 2mm per day and i will give my best

please don't do this, please..

it's contrary Cll..
for your health, please :( :( :(
TARGET 1.71

lelouche

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2020, 04:23:27 AM »

do you use pain medication? Because you seem to suffer alot from pain.
Good luck with tibia bro

cam007

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2020, 06:32:28 AM »

I feel like the only reason I’m going to keep tabs on this story is To remember what NOT to do.

This is completely crazy. I hope you are getting opinions from other QUALIFIED doctors. And hope you let your body heal into a safer recovery...
175cm , goal 181cm

Meck

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2020, 08:55:39 AM »

So what I need to do now i canot go home, my bones move to much when i try wallk becasue I have no nail inside and this litle fixator is not enough to keep my bones in space, walking home not possible, i must stay here until lengthening done i try get litle faster lengthening because is bored here in hotel and i must stay for 2 months, now i stop lengthening maybe one day to see how mu legs will be, if i have internal nail i can go home but i dont have l, i call my doctor to bring me contramal because I don't have it  and when he came i will ask him what to do, because this is not lengthening over nail, i have no nail and wallk not possible, this is like Lazarus system only i dont have that fixators i have worst

seriouslyinjured

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2020, 08:42:55 PM »

you are in huge danger of non union. the only reason why anyone should go over 1mm per day is when the bones are healing to quickly and the callous is forming to fast. if there is a gap between your callous healing it will never heal and you will have to shorten or get a bone graft. i cannot believe how irresponsible your doctor is. if i was you i would go and see an experienced ll doctor shown him your xrays and tell him how you have sped up your lengthening. the tibias also are much more at risk then the femurs. Good luck

want180

• Visitor
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2020, 11:50:26 PM »

I will suggest stop to length your tibia now. I know it is hard, but brother you put yourself too danger. For my tibia experience, my doctor is Dr. Salameh. The first month, my left leg bone doesn't grow. He told me to turn back and wait 1 week. After 1 week, my left leg only turn 0.2 mm. Next X-ray, my left leg bone gap is good. He told me to continue to turn 0.6 mm. he suggest his patient LL tibia 0.6 mm per day. One of his patient does 0.4 mm. He did 5.5 cm. He has very bad bellaire feet. He did not do ALT, but he spend 1 year to recovery because bellaire feet. You will need ALT surgery in the future because you don't walk or stand. In the end, my feet not only bellaire feet and deformity. My feet were twisted. Dr. Salameh know how to treat feet deformity. I did feet surgery to correct not only bellaire feet but also feet deformity. Standing or walking is best way to overcome bellaire feet. But your device is not strong enough, so you can't stand or walk. Your feet and your tibia need to maintain 90 degree all the time. You don't listen to other people suggestion. It's your leg and it's your decision. No body will suffer, except you. Your doctor is very irresponsible for his patient. He just wants money. Don't care about his patient. You will have long time to recovery (If you stop now, your can walk without crutches like 3 months. But if you continue LL, you can walk without aid at least 1 year.  1 year is really good condition and really luck. If you bone doesn't grow, someone still use crutches 3 years) Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 01:13:01 AM by want180 »

want180

• Visitor
« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2020, 12:36:22 AM »

I will suggest stop to length your tibia. I know it is hard, but you put yourself too danger. For my tibia experience, my doctor is Dr. Salameh. The first month, my left leg bone doesn't grow. He told me to turn back and wait 1 week. After 1 week, my left leg only turn 0.2 mm. Next X-ray, my left leg bone gap is good. He told me to continue to turn 0.6 mm. he suggest his patient LL tibia 0.6 mm per day. One of his patient does 0.4 mm. He did 5.5 cm. He has very bad bellaire feet. He did not do ALT, but he spend 1 year to recovery because bellaire feet. You will need ALT surgery in the future because you don't walk or stand. In the end, my feet not only bellaire feet and deformity. My feet were twisted. Dr. Salameh know how to treat feet deformity. I did feet surgery to correct not only bellaire feet but also feet deformity. Standing or walking is best way to overcome bellaire feet. But your device is not strong enough, so you can't stand or walk. Your feet and your tibia need to maintain 90 degree all the time. You don't listen to other people suggestion. It's your leg and it's your decision. No body will suffer, except you. Your doctor is very irresponsible for his patient. He just wants money. Don't care about his patient. You will have long time to recovery. Good luck.

Meck

« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2020, 08:33:34 AM »

My doctor did great job on my femur i grow 10cm easy, without any issue, I don't know why he not put nails now inside tibia, but i canot stop now i give lot of money and my bones is cut for nothing than, im in very hard situation, canot wallk, have pain and if now remove fixator and put nail an lock i lose also money and change to grow my tibia, today doctor came to visit me to bring me tramadol and i will ask him what to do now

Fox

« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »

My doctor did great job on my femur i grow 10cm easy, without any issue, I don't know why he not put nails now inside tibia, but i canot stop now i give lot of money and my bones is cut for nothing than, im in very hard situation, canot wallk, have pain and if now remove fixator and put nail an lock i lose also money and change to grow my tibia, today doctor came to visit me to bring me tramadol and i will ask him what to do now

i'd say pack your things up and go to giotikas immediately, im reading so many wrong things about your recovery and your LL experience. i mean what do you mean when you say you can feel bones moving inside your legs? what? is this even a normal thing? anyone?
165.5 / 5'5"

Meck

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2020, 02:27:02 AM »

Because I don't have nail inside only 2pins dowm and 2 pins up keep my bones and fixators that's way when I stand up my bones move, this technic I have right now works if you have Lazarus fixators, but for this fixatorson pic I sent above works only if have nail inside than your bones canot move, even all this   happens to me now i must be strong and finish journey, for now i stay in hotel and continue lengthening, doctor came yesterday and bring me tramadol, pain gone now when I have pills, he say he can put one more pin to keep bones to i can wallk but i say no need because after finish lengthening here when put nail inside and lock i will start wallk, for now i do exercise in by bed, doctor say he try put nail first time, but my bone left is to strong and he can't do it, drill stuck in my bone, and he drill my feet to put out ma shine from my bone, so he decide this way without nail, I will try lengthening and stay in bed and have exercise, that option I only have

cam007

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2020, 06:06:10 AM »

i'd say pack your things up and go to giotikas immediately, im reading so many wrong things about your recovery and your LL experience. i mean what do you mean when you say you can feel bones moving inside your legs? what? is this even a normal thing? anyone?

he literally wrote he’s continuing lengthening. Despite everything that is wrong despite the signs. This isn’t someone that wants help or wants to allow his body to heal properly.

You’re literally wasting time soliciting advice or asking him questions. He’s hell bent on doing what he’s going to do.

175cm , goal 181cm

Meck

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2020, 02:12:07 PM »

Why you not understand once for all i will succes , im not samoene who stop on first sign of same issue , i fight and fight that way i get 10 cm on femur , and understand this cam007 i will succes without any issue finish lenthening 7cm on tibia and more , i write on diary i have pain hurt me or similar but i just write what happen to me right now , i will not stop lenthening and i will succes, when i done this in 2 months from now i will shut up your mouth forever

seriouslyinjured

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2020, 05:04:50 PM »

i thought the pain that i went through lengthening was normal then i didnt realise till 1 month after lengthening i had non union and several other serious problems. During your lenghtening phase you may not realise you are having serious problems,its during the healing phase after you finish. right now you need to listen to people like me. i had lenghtening in turkey just like you with a doctor who had no idea or didnt care, and no joke if i didnt have surgical intervention and shortening in greece after i would have been crippled for life. it took me months to heal. Meck do you really want to risk your legs ? because once you have non union it will cost you thousands of dollars and lost time and mental anguish. In this forum people are trying to look out for each other over these type of doctors. your doctor is unethical for letting you go 10cm on femur then letting you lenghten to fast on your tibias and even letting you lenghten your tibias to soon. your doctor should loose his licence for this, and your diary should hopefully make other people avoid using him. you are great risk now.

Meck

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2020, 06:17:54 PM »

In hospital many people stay made lenthening by him and all is fine and all perfect, my choose is 10 cm on femur not doctor and my choose is to made tibia same day when i remove device of femur , and remember this my frend in 2 month  from now  i will remove fixator from tibia will be about 7 and more cm and i will start wallk normal soon after that , all video i will post, i believe in myself and i will succes without problem , right now im 11.5 cm grow , 1.5 cm on tibia i get
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:09:33 PM by Meck »

seriouslyinjured

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2020, 08:35:16 PM »

you maybe strong mentally, but if you have pulled the bone away to quick on distraction the bone cannot heal, and you will not walk, just like a soldier maybe mentally strong but if he got his legs blown off by an IED he aint walking either. there is no amount of mental strongness that can save you from the injury you are risking. your doctor should have said no to what you asked. no decent doctor would not have done this  because the health of a patient is more important then the money

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2020, 11:04:29 PM »

In hospital many people stay made lenthening by him and all is fine and all perfect, my choose is 10 cm on femur not doctor and my choose is to made tibia same day when i remove device of femur , and remember this my frend in 2 month  from now  i will remove fixator from tibia will be about 7 and more cm and i will start wallk normal soon after that , all video i will post, i believe in myself and i will succes without problem , right now im 11.5 cm grow , 1.5 cm on tibia i get

I’ve seen the record of Dr. Buldu, and it’s good so far. By doing this not only do you put yourself in danger, but you put your doctor’s reputation on the line too. I personally believe that doctors involvement in the treatment goes as far as the surgery and advice afterwards. Most of the complications in Ll procedures are because of the person’s genetics, that are just not made for the treatment and react bad against it, or the patient, like in this case, has no knowledge about cll and is betting All In on their leg, because they “believe” they are different from every other cll patient and their body are immune of any complications. Meck, you said that you are doing this way of lengthening because you have no time and want to lengthen as much, as fast as possible to be over with it. Well, let me tell you that I personally don’t believe that you are a good candidate for cll with your state of mind. You should have done your research before going under the knife. This goes for everyone out there thinking about going through with this position... The cll is only for patient and understanding people. By patient I mean people that will understand that this procedure takes its time and is not all unicorns and rainbows. You’ll have to put in the time and work. By understanding people, I mean people that are cleared from any illusions that this is a walk in the park. People that understand that there are limits. Clearly Meck doesn’t have any limits and he is willing to gamble with his legs. I hope his doctor can put some sense in him, since we obviously can’t, and hope that he understands that this is for his well being.

cam007

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2020, 11:32:50 PM »

Why you not understand once for all i will succes , im not samoene who stop on first sign of same issue , i fight and fight that way i get 10 cm on femur , and understand this cam007 i will succes without any issue finish lenthening 7cm on tibia and more , i write on diary i have pain hurt me or similar but i just write what happen to me right now , i will not stop lenthening and i will succes, when i done this in 2 months from now i will shut up your mouth forever

Dude you ALREADY have an issue lol. How can you say you will end up  without issue , when you keep adding new issues to yourself.

Like I said most of us already gave sound advice. It’s your legs. You want to put 17cm on a 5’4 frame without being careful, do you man !
175cm , goal 181cm

Meck

« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2020, 03:44:43 AM »

Ok like this from now i decide lengthening 7 days 1mm than one day pause, todaybi use pause to rest my legs, than 7 days again 1mm and use day pause again, and i will see how long I can take like that, and if is hard also that after I will made 0.75mm per day and use 2 days pause, people must udnerstand me now also i pay hotel 5star 5500euro for 2 month stay here and lengthening, and pay doctor for LL, and how to stop now all and, is not only money  I lost I don't care about money lost but Is sad that I broke my bones and feel that much pain to to over with nothing, I try at least 5cm get in tibia to not waste all that, after that i will relax and if is all ok i try more and if not 5 cm is nice score becsuse i already have 10cm on femur, but i fight with tibia now to get any cm, to not waste all this pain and money for nothing, i hope guys you udnerstand me

cam007

« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2020, 02:19:22 AM »

Ok like this from now i decide lengthening 7 days 1mm than one day pause, todaybi use pause to rest my legs, than 7 days again 1mm and use day pause again, and i will see how long I can take like that, and if is hard also that after I will made 0.75mm per day and use 2 days pause, people must udnerstand me now also i pay hotel 5star 5500euro for 2 month stay here and lengthening, and pay doctor for LL, and how to stop now all and, is not only money  I lost I don't care about money lost but Is sad that I broke my bones and feel that much pain to to over with nothing, I try at least 5cm get in tibia to not waste all that, after that i will relax and if is all ok i try more and if not 5 cm is nice score becsuse i already have 10cm on femur, but i fight with tibia now to get any cm, to not waste all this pain and money for nothing, i hope guys you udnerstand me

Understand. Hope it turns out worth it.
175cm , goal 181cm

Meck

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2020, 03:46:34 PM »

Today i made first xray after 11 days of lenthening, so far reach about 2,5 cm , have pain in my left leg , deep deep pain in bone , but i think will be fine

Fox

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2020, 08:54:02 PM »

Today i made first xray after 11 days of lenthening, so far reach about 2,5 cm , have pain in my left leg , deep deep pain in bone , but i think will be fine

any reason for the misalignment?
165.5 / 5'5"

Meck

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2020, 09:07:27 PM »

Don't know nothing mate, I just know I have fking pain in left leg 8/10 non stop, doctor say when he nail put inside will be strait, for now i will start normal lengthening, not 2mm per day, maybe pain will gone  then
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up