Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'3 to 5'9 -- Any suggestions?  (Read 3230 times)

link95

• Visitor
5'3 to 5'9 -- Any suggestions?
« on: July 29, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »

So, I am currently a little above 5'3". Most doctors recommend 10-15% of length of each bone to increase. So, I measured my femur and tibia. My femur is 17 inches and my tibia is 13.5 inches.

If I push a little bit to about 18-19% increase to 5.5-5.7 inches which will get me to 5'9". I realize I may be pushing it. But, is it possible? I don't care too much about proportions to be honest. I am not trying to push to be anything above 5'9" because that's when it will look very bad. I've checked and, yeah, my torso will be a little shorter compared to my legs but it's not crazy bad. Some of my friends have really short torsos and long legs that look fine.

I had a wreck when I was 12 that stunted my growth so I have been through many painful surgeries. So, my pain tolerance is pretty high Personally, I am confident I can push myself and body through the physical therapy. I been through all kinds of painful procedures so it's not new to me.

But, what I am wondering is when you bend your legs, is there a limit to how much you can push your muscles? Like, 5.7 inches is a lot but I keep pushing myself, will I eventually be able to bend my knees to able to sit down or do squats?

I mean you're muscles always grow and get bigger when you workout so I feel it would be hard to get them stretch but not impossible.

Any suggestions? Is it possible?

montahn

Re: 5'3 to 5'9 -- Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 07:41:45 PM »

So, I am currently a little above 5'3". Most doctors recommend 10-15% of length of each bone to increase. So, I measured my femur and tibia. My femur is 17 inches and my tibia is 13.5 inches.

If I push a little bit to about 18-19% increase to 5.5-5.7 inches which will get me to 5'9". I realize I may be pushing it. But, is it possible? I don't care too much about proportions to be honest. I am not trying to push to be anything above 5'9" because that's when it will look very bad. I've checked and, yeah, my torso will be a little shorter compared to my legs but it's not crazy bad. Some of my friends have really short torsos and long legs that look fine.

I had a wreck when I was 12 that stunted my growth so I have been through many painful surgeries. So, my pain tolerance is pretty high Personally, I am confident I can push myself and body through the physical therapy. I been through all kinds of painful procedures so it's not new to me.

But, what I am wondering is when you bend your legs, is there a limit to how much you can push your muscles? Like, 5.7 inches is a lot but I keep pushing myself, will I eventually be able to bend my knees to able to sit down or do squats?

I mean you're muscles always grow and get bigger when you workout so I feel it would be hard to get them stretch but not impossible.

Any suggestions? Is it possible?

possible but you need atleast 2 yr gap between 2 segment. you can go first segment external tibia for max 7.5 cm(3 inch) for near $14k or internal femur for $40k and after 2-3 yrs internal femur 7.5 cm(3 inch) for near $40k if you do LL in India. But if your body permit then go for 2nd segment first becm full recovery then go for others seg
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

ZUCC420

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 10:47:31 PM »

Gook luck being crippled in your 40s, assuming your in your 20s. Go for 5'7 instead.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 10:53:45 PM »

Yeah go for 5' 7" it's a good height really. No one will immediately think you're short and you'll no longer experience discrimination. Also you'll be taller than than about 90% of women so the pool women you can date from will be dramatically increased.

short

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 11:43:09 PM »

with 5.3 you can go for 5.7 or 5.8 max.
2 inch tibia, 3 inch femur.

Bosnian2018

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 12:47:57 AM »

possible but you need atleast 2 yr gap between 2 segment. you can go first segment external tibia for max 7.5 cm(3 inch) for near $14k or internal femur for $40k and after 2-3 yrs internal femur 7.5 cm(3 inch) for near $40k if you do LL in India. But if your body permit then go for 2nd segment first becm full recovery then go for others seg

Who is offering these prices. 5'3" to 5'8"   2 in tibs and 3 in femurs is doable. no respectable doctor will do more per segment.

montahn

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »

Who is offering these prices. 5'3" to 5'8"   2 in tibs and 3 in femurs is doable. no respectable doctor will do more per segment.

2 in tibs means both leg and 3 in femurs was typo it should be 2 femurs both leg

thanks
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

link95

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 02:25:31 PM »

Gook luck being crippled in your 40s, assuming your in your 20s. Go for 5'7 instead.

Where did you hear that limb lengthening will make you crippled in your 40s?

I have been looking for studies for long term effects of limb lengthening and I have not found a real scientific study that covers that.

Unless you are just making that up based off your opinions on the matter.

ZUCC420

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 05:59:49 PM »

Where did you hear that limb lengthening will make you crippled in your 40s?

I have been looking for studies for long term effects of limb lengthening and I have not found a real scientific study that covers that.

Unless you are just making that up based off your opinions on the matter.

Your tendons are gonna be so taut that you won't be able to walk in middle age, not to mention you'll get tired often from walking few meters. Better ask the doctor about your lengthening amount for safety man.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Ghostfish

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 03:16:27 AM »

Hi link95

Increasing 6 inches is definitely too much, regardless of how many times you do cll or how flexible or tolerable you are.  Try 4-5 inches with two surgeries, as other ppl suggested.

NiBBa69

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »

i dont get why yall go for 5ft 9 , I am 5 ft9 so yall can trust me u will still remain a manlet man
its 5ft 10 or even 5ft 11 at least to be safe
i can guarentee you , u wont feel any better after this

short

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 12:32:41 PM »

i dont get why yall go for 5ft 9 , I am 5 ft9 so yall can trust me u will still remain a manlet man
its 5ft 10 or even 5ft 11 at least to be safe
i can guarentee you , u wont feel any better after this
bullsiht

YungGud

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »

a friend of mine ,which in range of 172-173 at lowest does look from average to  a bit below average height generally so i guess u will be in average zone at 175
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »

People on this forum are so dumb. Once you reach average male height you're taller than 99% of women, literally.
Face becomes more important at average height even women say so.
If your average height or slightly below that should be your focus

You're only considered short if you are close to or are below the average height of women

shallowsociety

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 04:00:02 PM »

See everyone doing it for women. Damn women.  :'(

short

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 05:35:19 PM »

nope.

Iron_Man

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 10:58:00 PM »

NiBBa69, I think, if you were 5'3-5'5, you would have a different opinion) Although I agree that, starting from a height of 5'11, the dysmorphy of the height most likely goes away, but even at 5'8 you get above 50-60 percent of young women, which is not so bad

Sanity

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 09:18:59 AM »

Your tendons are gonna be so taut that you won't be able to walk in middle age, not to mention you'll get tired often from walking few meters. Better ask the doctor about your lengthening amount for safety man.
can u back that up with a scientific article based on true research.

I will agree that one could might experience some problems of the knees and other joints if lengthening is done too much >20% but below 15% should be fine. And also the tendons are not "so taut" rofl. They arnt even during the distraction phase, its the muscles mostly. and muscles can experience upto a 1000 N of force during distraction phase and the peak forces are dropped back to normal with time (time is the variable factor for different ppl . 6months - 1.5 year mostly).
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up