Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long will this forum keep operating for? I will post thefirst Option 5 diary  (Read 670 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!

As title, but will post it within 5 yrs.
Surprisingly I cannot find out any diary of Paley's Option 5 but I am fixated on it so I will be the first writer of Paley Option 5 but I am worried that this forum will shut down within 5 yrs and I cannot share my surgery experience.
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

There is no planned date that this place will close.  It'll last forever until something bad happens, in which case a new board will rise up out of the ashes.

Sorcerer

There is no planned date that this place will close.  It'll last forever until something bad happens, in which case a new board will rise up out of the ashes.
I think I will keep active on this forum at least until I do Option 5 cuz I discovered this forum is my paradise of topics and informations about height and LL, not like China's domestic forums where are persuading you out of doing LL while at the meantime bluffing about heights like 12 y.o's average height in China is 182cm.

Exxon

I think I will keep active on this forum at least until I do Option 5 cuz I discovered this forum is my paradise of topics and informations about height and LL, not like China's domestic forums where are persuading you out of doing LL while at the meantime bluffing about heights like 12 y.o's average height in China is 182cm.

What are some famous forums in China?

Sorcerer

What are some famous forums in China?
Hell no never step into those stholes cuz you will get bombarded with toxic ideologies and viewpoints like if you are under 180cm at 12 y.o you are likely to be suffering from bad genes or malnutritions.
But if you are really a warrior I can introduce BaiduTieba, Weibo, Zhihu(similar to Quora), Tianya, Douban, Hupu these forums for you but nowadays China's Genzs are more leaning towards Douyin and Kuaishou.

Exxon

Hell no never step into those stholes cuz you will get bombarded with toxic ideologies and viewpoints like if you are under 180cm at 12 y.o you are likely to be suffering from bad genes or malnutritions.
But if you are really a warrior I can introduce BaiduTieba, Weibo, Zhihu(similar to Quora), Tianya, Douban, Hupu these forums for you but nowadays China's Genzs are more leaning towards Douyin and Kuaishou.

Most of these forums are full of trolls do you think?

Sorcerer

Most of these forums are full of trolls do you think?
Yeah

Exxon

Does this crazy height inflation happen only online (182cm avg for 12 yr old) or does everyone seem to inflate their heights in real life too?

Sorcerer

Does this crazy height inflation happen only online (182cm avg for 12 yr old) or does everyone seem to inflate their heights in real life too?
In reality I haven't come across any but inflating height is not uncommon in China's real life. For myself I knew of 3 college students in my class who respectively announce their heights as 168, 168 and 170, but three of them can only look at me at the same eye levels when we are walking and I am only 162cm at night barefoot.
What's worse, one friend of mine who is into anthropometry revealed that 90's overseas Chinese students in America inflated their heights by 3cm on average, and recently a bad news came that in one school in Jiangsu Province named Xishan Senior School, the new Senior 1 students inflated their own heights by 8cm on average.

thaw1010

I'm convinced the majority of guys lie about their height. A ton of people at my high school say they're 5'11-6', but a couple of my actually 6' friends are clearly taller than them. Hell, I plan on saying I'm 6'1 once I cross 183cm. Shoes and socks!

Sorcerer

I'm convinced the majority of guys lie about their height. A ton of people at my high school say they're 5'11-6', but a couple of my actually 6' friends are clearly taller than them. Hell, I plan on saying I'm 6'1 once I cross 183cm. Shoes and socks!
Jeez, seems like tall ppl are also doing these baby things LOL. But have you come across any guy who inflated the 'average height' of certain regions like China's users online?

thaw1010

Jeez, seems like tall ppl are also doing these baby things LOL. But have you come across any guy who inflated the 'average height' of certain regions like China's users online?

I guess the closest thing I've heard is a lot of people at my school who were surprised to find out the average American male is 5'9. They thought it was 5'10-11.

Sorcerer

I guess the closest thing I've heard is a lot of people at my school who were surprised to find out the average American male is 5'9. They thought it was 5'10-11.
Maybe they were referring to White men. 5'9 is all ethnics' average height.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Do those Chinese boards have English sections?

ilovescience

Could it be they were referring to their morning heights? Because most men were taller in the morning.

thaw1010

Could it be they were referring to their morning heights? Because most men were taller in the morning.

Possibly, but that would mean the actual 6' people would be selling themselves short on purpose, which I don't think is more likely

thaw1010

Maybe they were referring to White men. 5'9 is all ethnics' average height.

Funnilly enough, a lot of them aren't even white.

c

这个论坛永远不会关闭,因为国外允许,哪怕版主出意外了,也会有人接替,5年后只要你活着你还可以发帖

ilovescience

这个论坛永远不会关闭,因为国外允许,哪怕版主出意外了,也会有人接替,5年后只要你活着你还可以发帖

站長有問說樓上網友所講的那些論壇是不是也有英文發言區? 您對那些論壇了解嗎?能否提供一些答案呢?

Sorcerer

Unfortunately none. But you can google translate although I dunno if you can still understand.

c

站長有問說樓上網友所講的那些論壇是不是也有英文發言區? 您對那些論壇了解嗎?能否提供一些答案呢?
原来是有的,叫做断骨增高贴吧,但就在上个月被封掉了,就是被强制关闭,我们平常会用微信群交流,就是群里几百人互相交流

ilovescience

I asked one of the Chinese members here. He told me there used to be an English section in limb lenghening discussion board in China, but it was being suspended last month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up