Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dror Paley  (Read 851 times)

dreamingtall

Dror Paley
« on: November 19, 2019, 09:44:17 PM »

I'm sure this post is going to stir up some debate:

For a few days now I've had a back and forth email discussion with Dr. Paley and I have for a while now been trying with eloquence to have him consider lowering the prices at St. Mary's in WPB. On one hand I believe this mans ego is a bit exaggerated but then on the other I do still feel he is the godfather of LL. I questioned him about his high prices when other Doctors are using the same Stryde technology, specifically in Europe for much less. He stated that if the technology was the deciding factor that everyone would turn out the same, and that he's had to fix a large number of european . I wrestle with this because I certainly believe STRYDE has set a new standard for strong recovery, and I've had many individuals talk about PT as more of a personal ritual with thousands of examples online. Paley boasts about his success rate but we all know that ProgramDude did have his fair share of complications and for Paley to be discrediting Doctors around the world is very egocentric in my eyes. I struggle to understand  why Nuvasive charges different doctors different rates for the nail and I am confused on whether or not Paley is a doctor, a businessman, or both. No disrespect but a healthy sense of skepticism is completely valid when there is a price discrepancy of tens of thousands of dollars. I've read and seen many full recoveries without Paley ... and this whole "whats the cost of your health?" seems to be a great marketing ploy if you ask me
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Dror Paley
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 09:57:25 PM »

I think that the more careful you are, the worse of a doctor you can go to.  It's not only the doctor's skill but the patient's behavior during lengthening as well.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 12:48:54 AM »

I'm sure this post is going to stir up some debate:

For a few days now I've had a back and forth email discussion with Dr. Paley and I have for a while now been trying with eloquence to have him consider lowering the prices at St. Mary's in WPB. On one hand I believe this mans ego is a bit exaggerated but then on the other I do still feel he is the godfather of LL. I questioned him about his high prices when other Doctors are using the same Stryde technology, specifically in Europe for much less. He stated that if the technology was the deciding factor that everyone would turn out the same, and that he's had to fix a large number of european . I wrestle with this because I certainly believe STRYDE has set a new standard for strong recovery, and I've had many individuals talk about PT as more of a personal ritual with thousands of examples online. Paley boasts about his success rate but we all know that ProgramDude did have his fair share of complications and for Paley to be discrediting Doctors around the world is very egocentric in my eyes. I struggle to understand  why Nuvasive charges different doctors different rates for the nail and I am confused on whether or not Paley is a doctor, a businessman, or both. No disrespect but a healthy sense of skepticism is completely valid when there is a price discrepancy of tens of thousands of dollars. I've read and seen many full recoveries without Paley ... and this whole "whats the cost of your health?" seems to be a great marketing ploy if you ask me

Which European doctors are you comparing with Paley?
If it’s Giotikas, he is a very novice, never has as much experience as Paley
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

dreamingtall

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 02:32:36 AM »

Which European doctors are you comparing with Paley?
If it’s Giotikas, he is a very novice, never has as much experience as Paley

So TemakiSushi, Giotikas is my personal favorite / planned surgeon coming up and he didn't mention anyone by name but specifically said he has provided numerous corrective surgeries from European doctors. Which is so BOLD of him to say considering  Betz, Guitchet, Giotikas, and even Pilli is coming through for people.

Paley is undeniably arrogant but I'm not completely convinced that he isn't the best I just don't know that the best is much different from a good job doctor. Paley seems to definitely believe that
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

afaq379006

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 08:01:12 AM »

one thing paley say is that  my patients recover 100 percent plus alot of doctor who do limb lenghtening give patients some defects or complication then the patients return to america for recovery and the paley says why u didnt come to me at first.

Kenda

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 09:23:40 AM »

I think that the more careful you are, the worse of a doctor you can go to.  It's not only the doctor's skill but the patient's behavior during lengthening as well.

what do u mean the more careful the worse of a dr you can go to?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 03:28:51 PM »

what do u mean the more careful the worse of a dr you can go to?

I mean patients doing stupid stuff is why a lot of complications happen.

limewalk

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 04:02:38 PM »

I mean patients doing stupid stuff is why a lot of complications happen.

mostly walking too early, lengthening too much (less of a problem wit Precice: because 8cm max), lengthening too fast (not a problem with precice)

otherwise its all in the doctor's hands really. non union, deformity,  any other screw ups during surgery

Kenda

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 07:32:13 PM »

so can we compare Mahoubian vs Paley vs Rozbruch guys?
can everyone say what they think, and dont say the good stuff that we always see on forum, because alot of complications and lack of care and this & that could be happening and no one mentions it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up