Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working on Precise Stryde  (Read 522 times)

caspade

• Visitor
Working on Precise Stryde
« on: January 16, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »

Hi guys I'm looking to get Precise Stryde for lengthening.
I understand it is fully weight bearing.

I have a desk job and was wondering, if it is weight bearing, does that mean I'd actually be able to go back to work after a few days of putting the nails in? (With perhaps a walking stick if need be?)

I can't afford to not work for 6+ months like I've read on the forum, and could maybe take one to two weeks off in the beginning.

TheAlchemist

Re: Working on Precise Stryde
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 01:29:13 PM »

I recently did Stryde femurs. What kind of work do you do? Is it intense from a cognitive thinking standpoint? Do you have to meet with and collaborate with colleagues and business partners?

In general, I'd highly recommend not going back to work for at least the first month after surgery. The nail is weight bearing but your mind and body won't be ready to go back to work due to the following:

-Intense pain for the first 3 weeks and you will likely be taking strong pain killers (e.g. opiates).
-You will be ambulatory but will likely be on a walker or crutches for this time period and moving very slow.
-You will need to perform physical therapy and use your lenghthening machine throughout the day. You'd have to take at least two 30 min breaks to manage this while at work assuming you are working a full 8 hrs a day.
-Sleep - You will likely suffer from limited sleep.
-Shock and trauma- your body and mind will be going through shock, trying to rebuild and fix your broken bones, which burns tons of calories and energy leaving you tired and lethargic all day.

The combination of  the above will make it very hard for you to perform well at work. If I had to guess, if I went back to work during the first month after my surgery my performance would be maybe 20% at best. It would negatively affect my career.

Honestly I'd recommend not working at all throughout distraction (3 months at least). You will be shell of your former self, struggling just to maintain the bare minimum requirements of lengthening. The only people I have seen pull off working and lengthening during distraction are those people who own and run their own business as they have more autonomy and control over their work day and can likely work remote.

If you can't afford to take a 3 month break today I'd highly suggest you defer this operation and save up more money that will afford you the ability to take at least 3 months off during distraction.

If that isn't an option for you, perhaps ask for the first month off, and thereafter a limited work schedule (4 hrs a day) where you can work remotely from home after the first month.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up