Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4-4cm and one year later another 4-4cm=16 total  (Read 974 times)

Skyisthelimit

4-4cm and one year later another 4-4cm=16 total
« on: January 19, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »

So I have been looking into many doctors and options. I have found that Dr. Paley has a very, you could say safe, and thought through option which is first femur and three weeks later tibia, lengthening 4cm each segment, and then repeating the same process one- one/half years later. Lengthening in total 16cm. Personally, I find this option very safe since its well under the safe limit for femur and the tibia. The problem is that this option is extremely pricey with dr.Paley.

I was wondering if you guys/gals think that there would be another respected doctor who would be willing to do this option for way less than Paley? If so... do you think doing (5-5cm) x 2, giving a total of 20cm would be too much already? Thank you for your time!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: 4-4cm and one year later another 4-4cm=16 total
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »

When it comes to the cost of medical treatment, most of what you're paying doesn't go to the surgeon.  So yeah, I'm sure you could get it done for much less money, but not in America.

The discount would come from doing the surgery in a lower cost country where the real estate is cheaper, all the staff make less money, and people are less litigious so malpractice insurance costs less.

FormerKidd

Re: 4-4cm and one year later another 4-4cm=16 total
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 09:47:11 PM »

I don’t know if they can use the same rod or not, but the rod maxes out at 8cm.

Also, 20cm is quite a lot to ask of the body. Most people are not flexible enough to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up