Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to have about 7.5 cm tibia (externals) in India - what do you think  (Read 1291 times)

Notepadman

• Visitor

Im Danish and have no idea about india. I also want to have 7.5 cm tibia there with externals. Thinking Dr. Parihar.

What will the cost for this be?
What do I need to think about?

Is it unreasonable to do 5cm tibia and 5cm femure to get 10 cm?

Should I go to Russia instead? What is the cost there?

IwannaBeTaller

Re: I want to have about 7.5 cm tibia (externals) in India - what do you think
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 10:22:57 AM »

Don't go to India. Don't go to Russia. Don't do 7.5 cm on tibia. Save up at least 30-40k and go to a better doctor.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Notepadman

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 12:53:59 AM »

Don't go to India. Don't go to Russia. Don't do 7.5 cm on tibia. Save up at least 30-40k and go to a better doctor.

Thank you for the response sir.
Okay I understand, no 7.5 on tibia. Im thinking now 5cm external tibia and 5cm internal femur. Will it still cost 30-40k then?
And what doctors can you recommend??

Gman23

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 06:52:11 PM »

Thinking of the same idea I want to gain 10cm, have you found out which surgeon you want to do it with?
And isn’t it going to be 40k and Over for surgery on tibia and then over 40k for the femur so if you do two surgeries it’ll be over 80k if you want to gain 10cm?
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Short56

• Visitor

Thank you for the response sir.
Okay I understand, no 7.5 on tibia. Im thinking now 5cm external tibia and 5cm internal femur. Will it still cost 30-40k then?
And what doctors can you recommend??
i dont think 40k is enough for both surgeries ....... i dont even know who do one surgery for 40k beside indians and russians....let me know mate if you find one

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Im Danish and have no idea about india. I also want to have 7.5 cm tibia there with externals. Thinking Dr. Parihar.

What will the cost for this be?
What do I need to think about?

Is it unreasonable to do 5cm tibia and 5cm femure to get 10 cm?

Should I go to Russia instead? What is the cost there?

Dr Parihar is an awesome doctor, but he won't accept you as a patient if you want more than 6cm with tibial lengthening. You'll also need a friend or family member there with you during your stay in India or at the very least he'll need an emergency contact number and proof that a friend or family member knows you're having surgery at his hospital.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

deletedaccount

Does Parihar do stryde yet?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Does Parihar do stryde yet?

It was apparently supposed to be released in India after August last year but I would ask him for an update. He's used the previous version of the Precice nail 5 times so far.

Kal el

Hey KILOKhan did u do purely external tibias with parihar or was it LON or LATN....and r u gonna do ur femurs next..and is it a good idea to do femurs using LON+monorail externals coz budget is a concern for me.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Hey KILOKhan did u do purely external tibias with parihar or was it LON or LATN....and r u gonna do ur femurs next..and is it a good idea to do femurs using LON+monorail externals coz budget is a concern for me.

Purely externals. My tibiae are naturally curved and using a nail wouldn't have been possible. On top of that, I was a bit concerned about permanent knee pain.

I haven't thought about doing femurs much. If I were to do, then I'd use an internal method. Using any sort of externals or combo external/internal leads to a higher risk of permanently reducing your knee's range of motion due to scarring that can occur.

Scorpstar

• Visitor

@kilo : Looking at a long term perspective since it's been a few years since you did your lengthening, do you think you are close to or at your pre LL abilities? What are the minor difficulties if at all there are, you face in your everyday life post LL, that you have just made peace with.

Kal el

I see..but what to you mean by scarring..are talking about the scars that are produced due to pinhole sites..are they really so stiff that they reduce knee ROM permanently..and ain't that curable using proper PT and exercises over 2 or 3 years??

Kal el

Btw kilo my tibiae are also curved a bit on the lower part so if the doctor can address this problem during surgery is it possible for internal nail..plz help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up