Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Techniques For Bone Growth  (Read 1026 times)

greatcapital10

• Visitor
New Techniques For Bone Growth
« on: December 21, 2019, 03:29:59 AM »

Hi guys,

This is my first post, I have long been a lurker in this forum and have been wondering about methods for lengthening not only the inferior limbs but also the superior limbs, scapula, clavicles, vertebrae, cranium, ribcage, basically the entire skeletal system. Maybe we could all join and troubleshoot this issue, make the lengthening proceadure less painful less expensive and who knows maybe one day even homemade in very much the same way as we now have gene-editing at home with CRISPR.

So one thing I found which is quite interesting is the synthesis of bone matter: https://medbone.eu/en/
Let us approach this one step at a time and re-focus on the "100" year old illizarov method, let us break the bones and seperate them, but now instead of letting this seperation be of infinitesimal distance, let us immediately seperate the two bone sections to our desired length, and substitute this empty space with this artificial bone, I know one question that arises is that this immediate lengthening would most definitely cause nerve damage and mechanical stress on the achilles region, so I hope someone could discuss this further.

Further into this discussion, we could locate all the major locations of the epiphyseal plates, cut these sections by a few mm and fill them with these synthetic bone material and let it dry and repeat until we achieve a desireable proportion.

So please lets discuss this and educate ourselves, further biomedical science and the lives of everyone.

Kind Regards,
The Great Capital

IwannaBeTaller

Re: New Techniques For Bone Growth
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 10:50:50 AM »

Hello Great Capital,

there's gonna be comments coming in that will say it's totally useless to follow and support these reasearch approaches, because there's not gonna be a replacement for conventional distraction osteogenesis for the next 200-300 years, and that we should focus on LL instead. I'm more optimistic and say we should do all we can do support such research.

I actually contacted Dr. Alsberg, the stem cell and tissue-engineering researcher that was mentioned here several times. He sent me a very kind, humble response and said that the best thing regular people like ourselves can do, to support stem cell and bio-engineering research, is support politicians, agencies and foundations that value and promote it.

If you want to do something, I recommend you write to the company and state your cause regarding the necessities and huge ecomomic potential of solutions for people wishing to grow taller. Which doesn't only include normal-sized people but also those with growth disorders such as dwarfism, who could be greatly helped by scientific advancements.

Cheers.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

ZUCC420

Re: New Techniques For Bone Growth
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 01:59:30 PM »

Interesting, but unfortunately this isn't a science forum so I doubt you'd find worthy responses. http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9352 Check out this thread, might find something useful.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Pages: [1]   Go Up