Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could I be done with the surgery + lengthning + nailing in 90 days?  (Read 550 times)

iwannagrow

• Visitor

Hi,

I'm looking at LL in Russia - external tibia. I don't have the money for femurs, and Russia has some very experienced doctors that my budget will stretch to.

The issue is that as a UK citizen, I can only get a visa to stay in Russia for 90 days at a time. After that, I have to leave for another 90 days before I'm permitted to return.

Is it possible to have the initial surgery + lengthening + removal of frames/nailing (I'm doing LON) within that 90 day period. I'm going for 5cm in Tibia.

In theory it seems possible. Let's say 5 days to get everything set up, such as finding an apartment, doing initial consultation, then having the initial surgery. Then 0.66mm a day, would mean 76 days of lengthening (76*0.66mm is 5cm). That gives 9 days to do the nailing and depart the country, which allowing for a few days recovery post-surgery, seems reasonable enough.

I'd then consolidate outside Russia, and return after the 3 month period (or however long consolidation took) for removal of the nails.

Is this sort of timescale realistic in practice, or is it one of those things that only works on paper? I don't really have many other options, since like I say, UK citizens can only stay 90 days at a time in Russia.

Cloudo

Re: Could I be done with the surgery + lengthning + nailing in 90 days?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 02:27:59 PM »

Yes of course you can do 5 cm in 90 days:
10 surgery + hospital discharge
50 lengthening
25 days frames removal + recovery to walk independently

But if your original height is very short then 5 may get you ballerina and you may not be able to recover that fast(cuz initial tibia length is short), so you might need to lengthen slower than 1 mm per day.
What is your original height? If you are over 160 cm then I think you are good to go!
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

iwannagrow

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 02:32:58 PM »

Yes of course you can do 5 cm in 90 days:
10 surgery + hospital discharge
50 lengthening
25 days frames removal + recovery to walk independently

But if your original height is very short then 5 may get you ballerina and you may not be able to recover that fast(cuz initial tibia length is short), so you might need to lengthen slower than 1 mm per day.
What is your original height? If you are over 160 cm then I think you are good to go!

I'm 171cm now, after LL hoping for 176cm.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 11:28:53 AM »

There are numerous issues with drop foots in Russia even in the last few years. It seems most Russian surgeons cannot manage to do an LL surgery without damaging patients' nerves. So I would not recommend Russia.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

jfk

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 03:50:27 PM »

I stayed there for 8 months although visa was only for 3 months. They will not throw you out of the country because you leave money in russia. So dont worry about that...
Pages: [1]   Go Up