Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Athens – Stryde Tibias with Dr. Giotikas – Jan. 8, 2020  (Read 10938 times)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Athens – Stryde Tibias with Dr. Giotikas – Jan. 8, 2020
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2020, 02:57:35 AM »

I find it concerning you still have ballerina even with fully weight bearing nails. How much did you stand and walk during rehab? As many said, standing and walking are probably even more important than stretching or regular PT. Walking during lengthening is the best PT, people say.

Anyways, the hardest parts are over for you Athens. I hope you live a great life after getting back to normal!
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2020, 03:22:57 AM »

hi Athens, thanks for the update! Keep on stretching, I hope you get back to normal soon!

Arcon

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2020, 06:25:54 AM »

Hi Athens, I enjoyed your writting, your honest reflection on things and the way you stress how different patients may respond differently during their recovery. I do understand that you struggled a bit more than others but you are almost done now so congrats and well done for your good progress so far.

more

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2020, 07:49:58 PM »

Where are Your X-rays?
why Dr. Giokitas's patients are not showing Xrays?

azman

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2020, 07:57:28 PM »

Where are Your X-rays?
why Dr. Giokitas's patients are not showing Xrays?

Boy oh boy, if you don’t have a fetish for X-Rays - Why are you demanding for X-Rays.
Believe it or not, X-rays are TOO PERSONAL to post on a public for some.

Ignorant question - why Dr. Giokitas's patients are not showing Xrays?

There are a few of Dr. G patients here that have posted their X-rays.

more

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2020, 08:08:46 PM »

Boy oh boy, if you don’t have a fetish for X-Rays - Why are you demanding for X-Rays.
Believe it or not, X-rays are TOO PERSONAL to post on a public for some.

Ignorant question - why Dr. Giokitas's patients are not showing Xrays?

There are a few of Dr. G patients here that have posted their X-rays.

Sir Azman then Anybody can come here and write ohi did 8 cm on tbia and 8 cm on femur i am doing good my dr. is so caring he is that he this.....

azman

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »

Sir Azman then Anybody can come here and write ohi did 8 cm on tbia and 8 cm on femur i am doing good my dr. is so caring he is that he this.....

True very true there’s a possibility of that but why would one waste their time but if one do some digging, they can have a good sense of who the fakes are.

Posting X-ray does not guaranteed the truth.  As you mentioned there are no computer chip on X-rays to track a person down.

more

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »

True very true there’s a possibility of that but why would one waste their time but if one do some digging, they can have a good sense of who the fakes are.

Posting X-ray does not guaranteed the truth.  As you mentioned there are no computer chip on X-rays to track a person down.

They can promote to a new dr. with fake blog in this forum
one thing i want to tell you there are a fews surgery  ( limb lengthening) we can count on finger every year Almost everybody knows this forum , You cant post fake Xray here
and there is tool  ( i forget the name) You can know who posted that picture first time on internet 

more

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2020, 08:25:24 PM »

until you reveals Your identity nobody can't know who posted it

azman

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2020, 08:38:21 PM »

They can promote to a new dr. with fake blog in this forum
one thing i want to tell you there are a fews surgery  ( limb lengthening) we can count on finger every year Almost everybody knows this forum , You cant post fake Xray here
and there is tool  ( i forget the name) You can know who posted that picture first time on internet

Any that’s one of the many reason why some patients don’t post their X-rays.  I think you have most of the answers to your questions if you would just listen to yourself, stop doubting your  knowledge.  Self-doubting is a B.

azman

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »

until you reveals Your identity nobody can't know who posted it

Wow you speak the Truth, praise the lord.

more

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2020, 08:41:08 PM »

Any that’s one of the many reason why some patients don’t post their X-rays.  I think you have most of the answers to your questions if you would just listen to yourself, stop doubting your  knowledge.  Self-doubting is a B.
ok good Now i understand there are some marketing agent who are promoting drs .
Good luck sir Azman

azman

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2020, 08:43:40 PM »

ok good Now i understand there are some marketing agent who are promoting drs .
Good luck sir Azman

So true.  Agreeing not arguing, guess that’s the lesson for today. 

more

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2020, 08:45:47 PM »

So true.  Agreeing not arguing, guess that’s the lesson for today.
Sorry i don't trust You
there is something wrong 

azman

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2020, 08:50:50 PM »

Sorry i don't trust You
there is something wrong

Don’t cry I really didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.  I think you should start a new tread instead of  hijacking others treads.

more

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2020, 08:55:05 PM »

Don’t cry I really didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.  I think you should start a new tread instead of  hijacking others treads.
Hijacking ???
I juat posted some simple questions  yesterday in @seriouslyinjured diary
You came there and started conversation without logic
then i read your diary and other two patients of dr. Giotikas all don't have any single xray to proove you guys are real patients

azman

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2020, 09:03:34 PM »

Hijacking ???
I juat posted some simple questions  yesterday in @seriouslyinjured diary
You came there and started conversation without logic
then i read your diary and other two patients of dr. Giotikas all don't have any single xray to proove you guys are real patients

You and your X-rays, boy oh boy.

Do more digging on this forum before I make you look dumb again. 

more

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2020, 09:05:59 PM »

You and your X-rays, boy oh boy.

Do more digging on this forum before I make you look dumb again.
Sir Azman this is valid question for credibility for asking an x-ray
there is no fun

azman

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »

Sir Azman this is valid question for credibility for asking an x-ray
there is no fun

It’s not what is asked, it’s how you ask that troubling.

more

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2020, 09:18:25 PM »

It’s not what is asked, it’s how you ask that troubling.
asking for xray is trouble???
wow Good logic

azman

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2020, 09:24:08 PM »

wow Good logic

I don’t think you understand reread the post slowly if it hard for you to comprehend the words.

It’s not what is asked, it’s how you ask that’s  troubling. 

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2020, 01:41:23 AM »

wow Good logic
All the diary and sharing are voluntary, and will benefit any future CLLers. If the author like to share something, they will. But please don't force it, they are not obligated to reveal anything they don't want to share. On the other hand, if you search deeper in the forum, you should be able to find information you are looking for. No point of argument here.

Silzz

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2020, 02:48:14 AM »

More, in the US there is something called the HIPAA law. No one is obligated to share their health information including X-rays. If you don't trust the diaries, it's your own business, no one is forcing you to trust those. No need to be a keyboard warrior and trolling on multiple diaries  :)

Gman23

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2020, 05:53:35 PM »

Great diary, I hope your well, how much did you lengthen and how much did you cost? Please reply thank you
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

more

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2020, 06:02:47 PM »

Dear Gman23 . You already know the cost and everything. Go and see Your own posts and comments
You arleady have 3 Threads in ' Limb lengthening patients experience about cost and all with dr.Giotikas . one thread is removed already .
You are popping up dr.Giotikas diary . F### man this forum is full of fake patients

Athens

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2020, 04:12:29 AM »

Hey everyone. 9 months post op.

Reasonable amount of ups and downs. Mostly trending positive though. By the time I was done lengthening, I couldn't extend my knees to 180, I was missing over 30 degrees of extension. Needless to say, that was very bad and mentally difficult. In the meantime, I have made it to today. Bone healing is complete on fibula, and is 80% complete on both tibias, the front part is almost done filling in. I will be taking out some annoying screws soon as I don't need them as the bone holds up the rod, just a quick 30 minute procedure in my local hospital. There is also a screw underneath my knee that is preventing me from putting weight on it, so having that taken out as well. I will take out the rod in April more than likely.

I am walking normally now. I still need a few more degrees of knee extension and dorsiflexion. All I can say is the best physical therapy was slant board stretching, and nothing else worked for me. Even greater than that, was time. Walking to rebuild my quad strength, slant board, and time. Some things just take time, especially soft tissues. My legs look proportional, and once I make a full recovery, I will tell you it was worth it. Have not started running because I seem to irritate my nerves every time I do. So, I will start to run when I regain full flexibility in a few months. Until then, walking mostly back to normal. Will update in a few months.

This surgery is not a walk in the park. I did have one of the best, most professional and responsive surgeons out there, but that alone cannot save you from how your body decides to react. I am relieved to return to normal, because there were months where I thought I was never going to get better. That was a major toll on my mind, and it seemed like no one in the forum had warned me of how tough it was mentally. S here I am telling you now, it was tough, it's not over yet for me, I expect to recover most function in time at this rate, but you must understand that I was only confident in walking normally 9 months post op. I am below average in performance, so likely the recovery timetable may be a little quicker on average for others. If you are willing to wait that long for 6cm on tibias, and can take off work, and can deal with the pain, and if you decide to hide things from family or friends, expecting not to see them, you have to think at it from every angle. I am confident in walking 9 months post op, but technically I could walk with a noticeable limp 7 months later. So 9 months its hardly noticeable. I just wanted to add this warning of hardship. I blame anyone on this forum who has a diary and doesn't tell it how it is to the excruciating detail. What writing on a diary omitting the hard parts boil down to is playing with peoples' expectations, which could be the difference from doing it or not.

It is painful, but doable. That's why it is so hard to make the LL decision. Stryde is not magical, it is still hard. Far from a walk in the park. Hardest thing I've gone through in my life to date. And if you're perfectly healthy and considered average height, I would say think about the road ahead carefully. Lots of good outcomes, but I am just preparing you for reality. No sugarcoating it here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 04:35:19 AM by Athens »

m7liam

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2020, 06:00:48 AM »

I read this and I just think to myself that it seems like everyone doing tibias for more than 5cm encounters a 12 month recovery period?

Just feels like femurs is infinitely more easy.

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2020, 06:24:58 PM »

m7liam, I'm getting the same vibe from this as well.  Tibias are much tougher in terms of recovery, compared to the femurs based on the diaries here... You your self are in the process of doing femurs and are walking, doing normal actives while lengthening.  Femurs ftw , but obviously in Athens case, proportionally was better off doing tibias.  This serves as a message for most people that unless you are heavily disproportioned Femurs/Tibias, do femurs.

Tengo

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »

Athens I'm glad that most of your troubles are over and I hope for a full speedy recovery. On the positive side can you describe how you felt with your new height, did people react to you differently, and did your family realise?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2020, 04:22:11 AM »

" would not recommend Mediterraneo Hospital at all"

1. What were the worst things about it?

2. Where do you think you would have gone instead if you could redo it?

Gman23

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2020, 08:20:07 PM »

Some thing doesn’t feel right about dr Giotikas diaries... any one know if most of Dr giotikas Diaries are worth trusting ??? No hard feelings but I’m starting to have doubts ...
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up